Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On Aug 29, 9:49*pm, Ignoramus4078
wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Don't know about skateboarding, but I am a pretty proficient ice
skater. I tried roller blading a few years back, and it scared the
crap out of me. Fall on ice and you slide. Fall on pavement and you
leave skin behind.

I would suggest, if you're going to go ahead with this, a helmet,
wrist elbow and knee pads (all available as a set from any skate
shop). And, by all means, be prepared to look silly. It's no where
near as easy as it looks - I know this from a few of the neighborhood
kids who are all excellent ice and roller skaters and have tried their
hand (or foot) at skate boarding. One of them has an interesting
device - a two-wheeled contraption called a wave board. It goes
amazingly fast and is very maneuverable, and it loooks easy enough to
build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70NitDFM4A

Good luck.