Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4078 Ignoramus4078 is offline

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On 2010-08-30, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus4078 wrote:
I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

A related question is what skateboard would be good for an adult sized
beginner. I just want it to be easy to use.

Possibly, but I guarantee you can learn the art of bone fracture!
You are younger than me, but your bones will definitely break more
easily than someone half your age. Take the protective gear
seriously. A fractured wrist is supposed to be a REALLY common
injury for the older crowd, ie. those over 20, and you can only
imagine how much that would cramp your programming or machining
style.

I will try to take it easy, no point in setting records, as there is
no one to impress.