Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT surveillance camera for a car?

wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 20:34:43 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for
couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody?

If you were truly afraid of having your factory burned down etc. then
you for damned sure wouldn't be spewing the crap you're so fond of
here. For gawds sake, you already claimed that the liberals were
threatening you with bombs, but failed to post the proof of that as
well.

It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

You can't think of a single reason, yet it's the reason you won't show
the video. Ridiculous.

Oh well, at least we know you can't be on the list of cullers. Too
much chance of getting sued, right? Too funny.

Wayne

Do you want to see the video? Send me an e-mail or some where to send it.
I'm pretty sure I still have it but I saw no use for it and it was more than
a year ago. I now have armed security patrol the plant every couple of
hours and we beefed-up external entry points and added more outside cameras
in bullet-proof housings.

I don't believe in violence and would only use a weapon to defend my life or
the lives of family and friends...unlike your violent tendencies. I guess
you wouldn't understand someone with morals and a value system, no one in
the leftist camp has any morals other than the ones they make up as the go
along. The culling you should worry about is the separation of the sheep
and the goats.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have
to go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy
for a couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get
sued because.......................

Tom,

Have you ever considered picking up and moving? Pick your spot anywhere in
the Midwest bible belt and you'll get a great workforce for a much lower
labor cost, local governments will give you incentives, buildings are
standing empty. Not to mention the better quality of life and crime like
this just don't exist.

I know we'll make the local paper over this:

A Holstein bull calf was found in our driveway. Julie called the sheriff
and then I noticed a sticker on the calf. We said, it had to come from the
local auction; Hotoveck's run that. So, we called and reminded him his
wife is out here every year with her kindergarten class. he went into his
office at night to find the owner. meanwhile, we knew the calf was
starving so we asked a neighbor that used to run a dairy to help. He made
a hut for the calf and found milk replacer to feed him. A short while
later, both the sheriff and Hotoveck's called back with the ID of the
owner. The calf had fell off the back of his truck onto the highway. The
calf is now doing well.

Do you see items like this in your police report?

karl

Now that I live in the "country", my local paper has stuff like that and the
upcoming "Corn Festival"! I can hardly wait and I hope my local farm stand
guy wins some awards, his produce is great...and cheap!

There's a chance that a new roadway will come right through my factory and I
will move it out here in corn country! They have four possible routes and
two of them hit me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

You cant simply slip someone a grand and have the perp killed?

Damn..Cleveland has gotten a whole bunch kinder and gentler since I was
there 40 yrs ago.

Gunner

When I think about it, this guy and others like him are the product of
leftist public schools, leftist education policies, leftist local government
that has driven employers away, leftists destroyed value system, leftist
diminished family and religious values, leftist peer pressure, etc. So,
it's not really their fault, they are the product of their leftist
controlled environment! Some Libtard Utopia, huh? I feel sorry for them
and try to employ as many as I can. I DO have a number of success stories
of employees turning their lives around, learning skills and being
productive members of their families and society.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-08, Buerste wrote:

Do you want to see the video? Send me an e-mail or some where to send it.
I'm pretty sure I still have it but I saw no use for it and it was more than
a year ago. I now have armed security patrol the plant every couple of
hours and we beefed-up external entry points and added more outside cameras
in bullet-proof housings.

I would like to see the video.

i c h u d o v AT g m a i l . c o m

Thanks

I don't believe in violence and would only use a weapon to defend my life or
the lives of family and friends...unlike your violent tendencies. I guess
you wouldn't understand someone with morals and a value system, no one in
the leftist camp has any morals other than the ones they make up as the go
along. The culling you should worry about is the separation of the sheep
and the goats.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:28:16 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Are you blind? My email address is at the top of every post. But if
you're serious, then send it to several people whose comments you
won't disparage. While you're at it, send the police report of that
bomb threat story.

I'm pretty sure I still have it but I saw no use for it and it was more than
a year ago.

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked at the possibility that you would
offer something you're already making excuses for not having.

I now have armed security patrol the plant every couple of
hours and we beefed-up external entry points and added more outside cameras
in bullet-proof housings.

Do you not remember telling us how wealthy you are? Why would a
wealthy person stay in an armed camp? Haven't you read any of gummer's
posts of what a conservative paradise it is in Taft? How many
employees do you need - there are 4 of unemployed of working age in
his family, probably several more if you count his wife's boyfriends.
Can you say Brush Factory reality TV show?

I don't believe in violence and would only use a weapon to defend my life or
the lives of family and friends...

Well then, here's another chance to get on the record with a one word
response to 2 simple statements that most of your phony-conservative
buddies have to talk around. "I'm against sedition in no uncertain
terms" "If we're going to invite citizens to leave, then we should
start with seditionists" Do you agree or disagree?

unlike your violent tendencies.

.... proof of which you will not be able to provide word one, you lying
loon.

I guess
you wouldn't understand someone with morals and a value system, no one in
the leftist camp has any morals other than the ones they make up as the go
along.

I understand that the kind of ignorance you're afflicted with is a
large part of the reason we have an underclass that you like to whine
about. I wonder how many of your break-in problems started with a
dispute with an employee.

The culling you should worry about is the separation of the sheep
and the goats.

I'm not worried about any culls. They're about as likely as you ever
posting a supported fact.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:35:25 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

There's a chance that a new roadway will come right through my factory and I
will move it out here in corn country! They have four possible routes and
two of them hit me.

So you want to move, don't want to sell on the free market, and are
hoping for a government check instead. Is that about right?

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dear Santa,

Thank you so much for the most unexpected Christmas present in July. Such a
joy to get something when you least expect it.

I'll put that 9mm lead to good use.

Thanks again,

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

I'll send the vid to iggy. I don't have a copy of a police report but you
can ask them for it yourself. Or, you can post a $10,000 bond and I'll do
the same. If I can't produce the report you get both bonds. If I do, I get
both. Since you say I'm lying, it's a sure bet. Let me know if you have
any balls and my lawyer will be in touch with the escrow instructions.
Otherwise, why should I spend hours tracking it down? Proving ANYTHING to
you means nothing to me, you're the one with credibility issues.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Dear Santa,

Thank you so much for the most unexpected Christmas present in July. Such
a joy to get something when you least expect it.

I'll put that 9mm lead to good use.

Thanks again,

karl

Any questions on the lube? It's Lee Liquid Alox with about 10% mineral
spirits to thin it a bit. Sizing is good for my 9 and I get no leading with
less-than max loads.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There's a chance that a new roadway will come right through my factory and
will move it out here in corn country! They have four possible routes and
two of them hit me.

So you want to move, don't want to sell on the free market, and are
hoping for a government check instead. Is that about right?

Wayne

No, I'm going to give all my property and buildings away for free! Speaking
of Government checks, did your cheese check make it to your mommy's trailer
OK? Does her boyfriend still make you sit on his lap and call him "Uncle"
while you wiggle and squirm?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let me know when you send it, in a separate email, just ni case if it
is trapped by a spam filter or does not make it because of size.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any questions on the lube? It's Lee Liquid Alox with about 10% mineral
spirits to thin it a bit. Sizing is good for my 9 and I get no leading
with less-than max loads.

Is this right?

Put lube in bottle with bullets. Shake. pour out excess. Dump bullets in
tray one layer thick to dry.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6355" wrote in message
Let me know when you send it, in a separate email, just ni case if it
is trapped by a spam filter or does not make it because of size.

I don't know of any public venue, I've never posted anything on youtube,
I'll try to figure it out. I hope I still have the video, it was a couple
of years ago and my DVR recycles the hard drive but I did save it to DVD and
in another forder. 70% chance I still have it. It is fun to watch! It
ammases me the amount of work somebody will do to get something for nothing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:06:35 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

wrote in message

I'll send the vid to iggy.

LOL Yesterday you were sending the video to me if I provided an email
address which, considering that it's included with every one of my
posts, may as well have been Dorothy's ruby slippers. So this morning
I checked my email, and guffaw what a shock, no video.

Here's my prediction - if Ig receives anything, it will demonstrate
that such videos don't tend to be useful on their own to catch
burglars. More often the burglar is caught by some other means, such
as offering a reward. Then if the video quality is good enough, it
becomes corroboration. If it were otherwise, you'd simply post the
damned thing as so many other people do, instead of all this silly
excuse-making.

BTW, if you were a genuine conservative, nobody would need to explain
to you that it's not cost-effective to assign detectives to small-fry
burglaries when the only clues are from surveillance video. And if you
had any common sense, you wouldn't try to spin it any other way.

I don't have a copy of a police report but you
can ask them for it yourself. Or, you can post a $10,000 bond and I'll do
the same. If I can't produce the report you get both bonds. If I do, I get
both. Since you say I'm lying, it's a sure bet. Let me know if you have
any balls and my lawyer will be in touch with the escrow instructions.
Otherwise, why should I spend hours tracking it down?

1. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. You made the claim
that liberals were making bomb threats against you, so it's up to you
to prove it if you can. If it takes "hours", then so be it, that's
nothing compared to the time you spend here posting foolishness. Until
then, you're a fair target for ridicule.

2. The mere existence of a police report does little for your
credibility. The only way it will help you is if it mirrors your
comments here. Common sense tells us that if it did that, then we'd
have seen it already, just like the video. Instead we get convoluted
gummeresque excuses.

Proving ANYTHING to you means nothing to me, you're the one with credibility issues.

And yet here you are wasting more time to respond rather than doing
something easier and more productive such as emailing the video and
image. Now, the fact that you haven't done those things doesn't
necessarily prove that you made up or exaggerated these stories, but
if it walks like a duck...

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:15:13 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

There's a chance that a new roadway will come right through my factory and
will move it out here in corn country! They have four possible routes and
two of them hit me.

So you want to move, don't want to sell on the free market, and are
hoping for a government check instead. Is that about right?

Wayne

No, I'm going to give all my property and buildings away for free!

I didn't suggest that you should give anything away, weasel. If you
want to move, then sell and move. But it's clear now that you expect
more from the government than market value. Typical phony
conservative.

Speaking
of Government checks, did your cheese check make it to your mommy's trailer
OK? Does her boyfriend still make you sit on his lap and call him "Uncle"
while you wiggle and squirm?

Writing nonsense like that, and then claiming to be a wealthy
businessman, is exactly the kind of thing I love about Usenet. You may
not be as absurd as some others here, but you sure are working on it!

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that ATP fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:37:30 -0400:

I agree with you on the video, unless you have an
HD quality closeup of the skell's face, it would only lead to problems
caused by mistaken identity.

could you have a camera at eye level, with some bait to lure the perp
into range?
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:15:13 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

I'm by no means wealthy. I can sell out but not have enough for the rest of
my life. Besides, I like my business and my employees. The ones that don't
work out go out the door. I'm in the ghetto so the labor pool is shallow.
But, I train them in marketable skills, I sign their pay checks, I pay
medical, vacations and holidays. Do you do anything for others? Oh,
never...liberals don't usually contribute to society.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 01:16:05 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Its truely fascinating that Whine blithers on and on about a business
owner of some note..while living in a 1960s 24' travel trailer out in
the middle of **** all

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 01:16:05 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

Which should readers believe - fall Tom, or summer Tom?

I can sell out but not have enough for the rest of
my life.

Let me guess... Liberals took your millions recently? You don't
consider millionaires wealthy? You can't get by on mere millions? LOL
I'm thinking that your ghetto business premises isn't worth peanuts on
the open market, and that you're hoping taxpayers will pay some crazy
cheese-check price for it so that you can finally retire.

Besides, I like my business and my employees.
The ones that don't
work out go out the door. I'm in the ghetto so the labor pool is shallow.
But, I train them in marketable skills, I sign their pay checks, I pay
medical, vacations and holidays.

I remember asking you a while back to show some proof of that
healthcare insurance policy that you claimed would cover a new hire
with a history of heart attacks. Easy enough for you to post a link to
your insurance company's web page showing the policy you're subscribed
to. But then as now, nothing except for more wild assertions.

Regardless, I still don't see any explanation of why you're waiting
for a new highway to move you out of that ghetto, Mr. Millionaire
Weasel. But the fact that you keep talking around the issue says it
all.

Do you do anything for others? Oh,
never...liberals don't usually contribute to society.

Yet another delusion made from whole cloth that you won't back up with
word one.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

The link does not work.

Which should readers believe - fall Tom, or summer Tom?

I am not sure how much he is worth. But I can tell you for sure that
being worth one million does not really amount to much, or allows any
kind of extravagant lifestyle.

I would surmise that two millions (which is the lowest for saying
"millions") probably is the same as one.

That said, I do not really believe extraordinary claims on usenet,
unless they are backed up with at least something.

I looked at commercial RE recently and my guess as to the value of
Tom's building, after looking at google maps, is 200-400k depending on
location, more likely towards the low end of the estimate. The value
of equipment is hard to pin down, my best guess is $100k tops, due to
large quantity of old or shop made equipment. Inventory, probably not
much. So, any value in excess of liquidation price, would be due to
business profits, which are hard to estimate. That's hard to estimate.
It may well be a very profitable enterprise.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Iggy, if you do find a surveillance camera small enough to fit your needs, I
was wondering if you could forward a copy of the website link to Cliff. That
way maybe he could buy one and attach it to a stick and give it a good shove
past his pea brain, while he searches his butthole for WMD. If it's not too
much trouble, thanks in advance. Appreciate it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

The link does not work.

Oops, missed it by an 8. :-)
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....f4b0b649a5bbf8

Which should readers believe - fall Tom, or summer Tom?

I am not sure how much he is worth. But I can tell you for sure that
being worth one million does not really amount to much,

Well, a million might not last a celebrity or a lottery winner very
long, but it's 5 times the average net worth of somebody 55-64.

http://www.bargaineering.com/article...an-family.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...ealth-Spectrum

And I'm thinkin' it would put the owner somewhere around the 95th
percentile.

or allows any kind of extravagant lifestyle.

I don't see where that's a requirement. I imagine Tom's ideal
lifestyle as living in a bunker, hunkered over a keyboard complaining
full time about "libtards" getting "cheese checks". Well affordable on
SS alone as proven thousands of times daily. :-)

I would surmise that two millions (which is the lowest for saying
"millions") probably is the same as one.

What? Modest interest income on that would be ~$100k per year. Not
bad, especially with SS on top. And it might put the holder at about
the 99th percentile. Whittle down the principal during one's declining
years and it should be an even sweeter ride.

That said, I do not really believe extraordinary claims on usenet,
unless they are backed up with at least something.

I looked at commercial RE recently and my guess as to the value of
Tom's building, after looking at google maps, is 200-400k depending on
location, more likely towards the low end of the estimate.

Some real estate isn't selling at all. Tom's "ghetto" is very likely
one of those where you can buy property seriously cheap.
http://www.realestatedecline.com/Housing_Crash_Bottom_Homes_For_$1000.htm
In some such markets one can have property that's only saleable for a
small fraction of most would consider its "value". Now consider that
when property is expropriated for highways, the owners frequently moan
about not receiving fair market value. But in this case, Tom is
*hoping* he can sell to the taxpayer, which is a pretty strong clue
about the market in his area.

The value
of equipment is hard to pin down, my best guess is $100k tops, due to
large quantity of old or shop made equipment. Inventory, probably not
much. So, any value in excess of liquidation price, would be due to
business profits, which are hard to estimate. That's hard to estimate.
It may well be a very profitable enterprise.

He says that he's turned down multiple offers for big money. But he
sure doesn't talk like any multi-millionaire I've ever known, which
includes more than a few. For example, I've never known one to say
"I'm worth millions" at all, never mind on Usenet. :-)

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-10,
wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

The link does not work.

Oops, missed it by an 8. :-)
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....f4b0b649a5bbf8

Which should readers believe - fall Tom, or summer Tom?

I am not sure how much he is worth. But I can tell you for sure that
being worth one million does not really amount to much,

Well, a million might not last a celebrity or a lottery winner very
long, but it's 5 times the average net worth of somebody 55-64.

http://www.bargaineering.com/article...an-family.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...ealth-Spectrum

And I'm thinkin' it would put the owner somewhere around the 95th
percentile.

Yep. But that is not as huge as it sounds. Basically most people who
try to get there, can, if they do not suffer from major bad luck. Most
people do not even try, which is completely fine, by the way. Not
everyone needs or wants money that badly. The millionaire next door is
a great book that sheds a lot of light on the subject.

or allows any kind of extravagant lifestyle.

I don't see where that's a requirement. I imagine Tom's ideal
lifestyle as living in a bunker, hunkered over a keyboard complaining
full time about "libtards" getting "cheese checks". Well affordable on
SS alone as proven thousands of times daily. :-)

I would really like to retire, personally.

I would surmise that two millions (which is the lowest for saying
"millions") probably is the same as one.

What? Modest interest income on that would be ~$100k per year.

At current short term rates, it is more like 10k per year. (0.5%).

Not bad, especially with SS on top. And it might put the holder at
about the 99th percentile. Whittle down the principal during one's
declining years and it should be an even sweeter ride.

I would double check your math.

Longer maturities pay 3+ percent annually, but carry a lot of interest
rate and inflation risk.

[...]

Selling property in high crime areas is difficult, which is why I
leaned towards the bottom of the range that I gave.

The value
of equipment is hard to pin down, my best guess is $100k tops, due to
large quantity of old or shop made equipment. Inventory, probably not
much. So, any value in excess of liquidation price, would be due to
business profits, which are hard to estimate. That's hard to estimate.
It may well be a very profitable enterprise.

He says that he's turned down multiple offers for big money. But he
sure doesn't talk like any multi-millionaire I've ever known, which
includes more than a few. For example, I've never known one to say
"I'm worth millions" at all, never mind on Usenet. :-)

many people do not even know how much thye are worth.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:48:21 -0500, Ignoramus7096
wrote:

I would really like to retire, personally.

I think you'd love it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

Your link doesn't work...just like you!

BTW, how much do you THINK it takes to retire? I don't live in a trailer
like you do, nor do I count on cheese-checks like you do. Emminant domain
only pays market value you idiot! Do you see why I named the criminal in my
video "Wayne"? Snicker-snicker, from now on I will be calling EVERY idiot
"Wayne" in honor of you! If somebody screws up, I will say they "Wayned"
the job. Every time somebody says something stupid, acts stupid, steals
something, smells bad, pickes his nose, drools, farts or is
butt-ugly...they will be named "WAYNE"!

OK, I'm through playing with you so you now go into the bit-bucket, never to
be heard from again! Have a ****ty life!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 10, 11:48*pm, Ignoramus7096

I would really like to retire, personally.

I think you will make it. Mostly it just takes realizing that one
needs to save and invest. And then start doing that while you are
young.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

Your link doesn't work...just like you!

BTW, how much do you THINK it takes to retire? I don't live in a trailer
like you do, nor do I count on cheese-checks like you do. Emminant domain
only pays market value you idiot! Do you see why I named the criminal in
my video "Wayne"? Snicker-snicker, from now on I will be calling EVERY
idiot "Wayne" in honor of you! If somebody screws up, I will say they
"Wayned" the job. Every time somebody says something stupid, acts stupid,
steals something, smells bad, pickes his nose, drools, farts or is
butt-ugly...they will be named "WAYNE"!

OK, I'm through playing with you so you now go into the bit-bucket, never
to be heard from again! Have a ****ty life!

You are one of the kind of people who it won't matter if you're working or
retired. You're going to be miserable no matter what you do, where you are,
or who you are with.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-10,
wrote:

[...]

No, most people have no hope of getting there, which is why so few
make it. Yes, most everyone *could* do better, but most get mired
early on and from there it's pretty tough. You might note that the
average net worth is driven down substantially by the number of those
whose net worth is negative.

Most
people do not even try, which is completely fine, by the way. Not
everyone needs or wants money that badly. The millionaire next door is
a great book that sheds a lot of light on the subject.

or allows any kind of extravagant lifestyle.

I don't see where that's a requirement. I imagine Tom's ideal
lifestyle as living in a bunker, hunkered over a keyboard complaining
full time about "libtards" getting "cheese checks". Well affordable on
SS alone as proven thousands of times daily. :-)

I would really like to retire, personally.

I recommend it. It can be done for a lot less than you think. You
needn't take my word for it, just look at the stats. Only the tiniest
fraction of retirees have a net worth of a million. Your biggest
impediment could be aiming to high, and consequently taking too many
risks.

As it happens I have a friend who's worked towards a worst-case
scenario, which in his mind is many years for him and his wife in an
upscale nursing home. I thought that he was overestimating the time,
and being a bit demanding on his expectations of quality of life. I've
forgotten the number he came up with, but I bet he'd be surprised to
learn how much more you think it would take.

I would surmise that two millions (which is the lowest for saying
"millions") probably is the same as one.

What? Modest interest income on that would be ~$100k per year.

At current short term rates, it is more like 10k per year. (0.5%).

Not bad, especially with SS on top. And it might put the holder at
about the 99th percentile. Whittle down the principal during one's
declining years and it should be an even sweeter ride.

I would double check your math.

Longer maturities pay 3+ percent annually, but carry a lot of interest
rate and inflation risk.

I remember some months back you were telling us about some nice
returns. I remember because I noted that they were better than my own.
So why do you think that others would be limited to minimum returns?

There's nothing wrong with keeping the minimum required safe, and
taking some risk with the rest. I'm not talking about greedy-crazy
risk, just sensible risk.

[...]

My point was that all signs are that it would be fair to lean even
lower. It seems counterintuitive that even crummy real estate can be
worth so little, but all you have to do is imagine starting a business
in a declining area. Costs for the big items like police, fire, and
schools can be higher than that in better locations. Yet incomes are
lower, which means that all those budgets are stretched past the
breaking point. Leading to the usual product of bad schools, which
tends to cause more crime and a death spiral. All confirmed by Tom's
desire to move if the taxpayers will fund it.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 03:11:54 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm by no means wealthy.

Too funny.

Buerste, last September: "I'm worth millions"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8f4b0b649a5bbf

Your link doesn't work...just like you!

The link had a minor typo, and has already been corrected as you well
know, weasel.

BTW, how much do you THINK it takes to retire?

I don't think, I know. Having been retired quite a while, and knowing
lots of retired folks living a wide range of lifestyles.

I don't live in a trailer
like you do,

As you also well know, I live in a nice custom home, my third in fact.
Which makes you a blatant liar.

nor do I count on cheese-checks like you do.

Yet another piece of BS you won't back up with word one.

Emminant domain only pays market value !

That's the general idea. So if you want to move, why would you be
waiting for the taxpayers to buy your place? Answer: because you hope
that the taxpayers will pay you some "market value" that's higher than
the true market value. And the majority of that money will likely come
from the feds desire to stimulate the economy in depressed areas.
Which means that you're hoping for something that you like to rail
against.

you idiot Do you see why I named the criminal in my
video "Wayne"? Snicker-snicker, from now on I will be calling EVERY idiot
"Wayne" in honor of you! If somebody screws up, I will say they "Wayned"
the job. Every time somebody says something stupid, acts stupid, steals
something, smells bad, pickes his nose, drools, farts or is
butt-ugly...they will be named "WAYNE"!

You should print out that paragraph, as well as some of the other
nonsense you post here, and show it to your customers and employees in
order to prove your intellectual bona fides. chuckle

OK, I'm through playing with you so you now go into the bit-bucket, never to
be heard from again! Have a ****ty life!

Oh please. You'll read every word and reply through others. Anything
to avoid answering simple questions plainly.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:49:33 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

BTW, how much do you THINK it takes to retire?

You are one of the kind of people who it won't matter if you're working or
retired. You're going to be miserable no matter what you do, where you are,
or who you are with.

Steve

LOL The voice of experience. Yup, Tom is probably destined to end up
like you, feeling that he needs a police scanner, a gun, and mace just
to drive to the 7-11. The liberals are everywhere, and don't you
fearful old farts forget it!

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
You are one of the kind of people who it won't matter if you're working or
retired. You're going to be miserable no matter what you do, where you
are, or who you are with.

Steve

I'm very happy, except with fools. I don't associate with fools. YOU on
the other hand, seem to be a very bitter person, I feel sorry for you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Well, a million might not last a celebrity or a lottery winner very
long, but it's 5 times the average net worth of somebody 55-64.

http://www.bargaineering.com/article...an-family.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...ealth-Spectrum

And I'm thinkin' it would put the owner somewhere around the 95th
percentile.

Yep. But that is not as huge as it sounds. Basically most people who
try to get there, can, if they do not suffer from major bad luck.

No, most people have no hope of getting there, which is why so few
make it. Yes, most everyone *could* do better, but most get mired
early on and from there it's pretty tough. You might note that the
average net worth is driven down substantially by the number of
those whose net worth is negative.

Obviously, it is impossible to have a society where everyone is a
multimillionaire AND where no one has to work.

Anyway, a million nowadays is not a huge sum as it used to be, and
saving a million dollars requires only a modest effort -- and yes,
people have to start early on, instead of screwing up their
lives. There are many ways to get rich, but the most straightforward
one is to get educated, stay out of prison, earn a good salary and
save money.

Most
people do not even try, which is completely fine, by the way. Not
everyone needs or wants money that badly. The millionaire next door is
a great book that sheds a lot of light on the subject.

or allows any kind of extravagant lifestyle.

I don't see where that's a requirement. I imagine Tom's ideal
lifestyle as living in a bunker, hunkered over a keyboard complaining
full time about "libtards" getting "cheese checks". Well affordable on
SS alone as proven thousands of times daily. :-)

I would really like to retire, personally.

I recommend it. It can be done for a lot less than you think. You
needn't take my word for it, just look at the stats. Only the tiniest
fraction of retirees have a net worth of a million. Your biggest
impediment could be aiming to high, and consequently taking too many
risks.

All I want to say publicly is I want to be rational about it. I also
have a family and young kids. I do not really seek total idleness, I
just hate waking up at 6am.

If I was single, with my websites and stuff, I could just retire right
now in a modest home.

As it happens I have a friend who's worked towards a worst-case
scenario, which in his mind is many years for him and his wife in an
upscale nursing home. I thought that he was overestimating the time,
and being a bit demanding on his expectations of quality of life. I've
forgotten the number he came up with, but I bet he'd be surprised to
learn how much more you think it would take.

A lot of people, myself included, are just greedy.

I would surmise that two millions (which is the lowest for saying
"millions") probably is the same as one.

What? Modest interest income on that would be ~$100k per year.

At current short term rates, it is more like 10k per year. (0.5%).

Not bad, especially with SS on top. And it might put the holder at
about the 99th percentile. Whittle down the principal during one's
declining years and it should be an even sweeter ride.

I would double check your math.

Longer maturities pay 3+ percent annually, but carry a lot of interest
rate and inflation risk.

I remember some months back you were telling us about some nice
returns. I remember because I noted that they were better than my own.
So why do you think that others would be limited to minimum returns?

This is a big topic and I do not want to get started. My returns were
not from "interest" but from stocks, and you mentioned "interest".
Past performance does not guarantee future results. I would never dare
to project perpetual returns of 10% for estimating how long money will
last in retirement.

That said, stocks are relatively cheap now. With P/E ratios of 12-13
or there abouts, one could safely expect, in the long run, to get at
least 4-5% out without eindangering the principal too much.

There's nothing wrong with keeping the minimum required safe, and
taking some risk with the rest. I'm not talking about greedy-crazy
risk, just sensible risk.

Risk is all about how much you pay. So if assets are cheap, owning
them is relatively safe.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sure, but a million is still a nice net worth, and so much that I'd
guess the majority can't even explain it. Check this out
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz0sfoqkSDa.
There's a full 26% of the population who should probably aim quite a
bit lower than a million for retirement. A more reasonable goal for
them might be to reach retirement age without any debt or
bankruptcies.

and
saving a million dollars requires only a modest effort

I don't see how you can say that. A huge portion of the population is
underemployed in one way or another. That's been going on for a while
and it's one of the reasons that so many have a negative net worth. I
invite you to take a closer look at the reality of how very many
people live. If you're only talking about upper middle-income folks
who are fully employed, then I agree with you.

-- and yes,
people have to start early on, instead of screwing up their
lives. There are many ways to get rich, but the most straightforward
one is to get educated, stay out of prison, earn a good salary and
save money.

Again, you're not being realistic. A lot of parents can't afford
college for their kids, and students who borrow their way through
college start off in the hole. When they graduate the good salaries
aren't there for many of them, and therefore saving will difficult,
perhaps even impossible. Something we're seeing more of are folks who
endure multiple extended periods of unemployment during their lives.
So that even the efforts of those who do save can be repeatedly
stymied.

If I was single, with my websites and stuff, I could just retire right
now in a modest home.

Well, there you go. You're doing well, but lots of people have no hope
of supporting their kids properly, much less saving at the same time.
Consider any young couple earning modest wages, and paying for day
care. They're on the ragged edge, and don't even know if there will be
jobs for the kids 20 years from now.

As it happens I have a friend who's worked towards a worst-case
scenario, which in his mind is many years for him and his wife in an
upscale nursing home. I thought that he was overestimating the time,
and being a bit demanding on his expectations of quality of life. I've
forgotten the number he came up with, but I bet he'd be surprised to
learn how much more you think it would take.

A lot of people, myself included, are just greedy.

For sure. The definition of a minimum standard of living has changed a
lot. How it ever got to include things like $70 a month for cable TV,
and a refusal to drink tap water, I'll never understand. On one hand I
see some trends towards forced frugality, but on the other is the
reality that most people can't install their own spare tire, much less
do any of the other hundreds of chores that our parents wouldn't dream
of hiring others to do for them.

[...]

Wrong word, my mistake.

Past performance does not guarantee future results. I would never dare
to project perpetual returns of 10% for estimating how long money will
last in retirement.

I used 5% of 2 million, but I can see that wasn't clear.

That said, stocks are relatively cheap now. With P/E ratios of 12-13
or there abouts, one could safely expect, in the long run, to get at
least 4-5% out without eindangering the principal too much.

Bingo.

Which brings us back to my point - someone who has a net worth of
"millions", is a wealthy person by any sensible measure (not that I
believe tom's claim), and perfectly able to retire comfortably at
will. Now, some might say "but a tract house in my neighborhood costs
a million, and expenses for all my "needs" cost thousands per month".
To them I offer a reality anecdote: a friend who lives on acreage
amongst pine trees on a mountain 10 minutes from town. Home, 30' boat,
40' motor home, Harley etc, all paid for. SS pays the routine bills,
and a few hundred K in cash keeps the vacations and toys coming. A
very enviable lifestyle and a net worth well under a million. Most of
his retired friends have substantially less, but they too are
perfectly comfortable.

Wayne