Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT surveillance camera for a car?

My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6391 wrote:

My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

Never leave bling in view. I keep a gps under a shirt on the passenger seat that I use
every day. No see, no steal. Also, no NRA or pro gun stickers. There could be firearms
inside my vehicle and I'm not advertizing.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive

Constant streaming to a flash device is going to burn out the cells. You need a
triggering system if you want to use flash.

You need a ultrasonic glass break detector or an ultrasonic perimeter alarm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burglar_alarm

4) NOT BULKY

They make small very small PC's for embedded applications. You can run them no-headed. I
*assume* you will run a *nix OS. I suspect I could find a few boards in any recent copy
of Circuit Cellar.

5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

Put it in the trunk. I suspect it is cooler there since there isn't any glass. I *hope*
you can deselect the inside the car trunk release. My car has a lever on the trunk lock I
set when carrying arms or other valuables. That car battery is huge compared to a laptop
battery. Thinking of laptop, some cheap fleabay laptop likely fills the bill. You only
need enough PC to record video and even old crap has 60MB of disk. You can use a USB web
cam too.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

It sure sucks to be violated. Been there before but not too often.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:06:08 -0500, Ignoramus6391
wrote:

My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

Lots of possibilities. These links should get you started.

http://www.supercircuits.com/Securit...Board-Cameras/
http://www.supercircuits.com/Securit...Video-Cameras/
http://www.supercircuits.com/Digital...le-DVRs/MDVR25

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

5 minutes huh? Sounds like you live in Obamaland. Never leave anything in
plain view in Obamaland.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

Maybe something here you could use.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/gadgets.html

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, Liberal Leroy wrote:

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

5 minutes huh? Sounds like you live in Obamaland. Never leave anything in
plain view in Obamaland.

Actually this is not obamaland. We have a Republican congresswoman
representing us.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:47:33 -0500, Ignoramus6391

On 2010-07-07, Liberal Leroy wrote:

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

5 minutes huh? Sounds like you live in Obamaland. Never leave anything in
plain view in Obamaland.

Actually this is not obamaland.

You voted for him, and you're how few miles away, but it's not
Obamaland?

We have a Republican congresswoman representing us.

Good...maybe.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, Liberal Leroy wrote:

[...]

You have crime like in Obamaland. Maybe it is Obamaland and nobody told her.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

I had full video from motion detecting overlapping cameras of a break-in.
The guy broke through a skylight as the video shows first the cloud of dust
that set off the camera then you see him drop into view and go about his
thieving. I thought the police would be thrilled to have all this
documentation. The cop says to me: "OK, we'll get right on it and issue an
APB in the ghetto for a 20-40 year old, 140 lb Black male. You'll hear from
us REAL soon!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

As others have pointed out, a photo of the perp after the fact doesn't
necessarily do you much good. You really want to discourage the break in.
Before anyone will break in they will peer inside. Have a something inside
that looks like a camera, maybe with a blinking light to attract attention.
Next to it should be a sign saying something like "Smile, wireless web cam.
See your face at somefakeurl.com"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

*Have a something inside
that looks like a camera, maybe with a blinking light to attract attention.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 01:42:22 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote the following:

[...]

Ah, isn't it lovely to hear those words from a caring representative
of your local gov't?

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers. A cell phone in the
-dark- could have taken better shots than those hi-rez pics, wot?
Could the banks have figured out what you just did, that the cops
don't care and the system is broken, so they put only the minimum
dollars into a system which isn't really utilized anyway?

Just another one of those things that make you go "Hmmmmmm?"

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:10:24 -0700, "anorton"
wrote the following:

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

[Hover one of these over the vehicle wherever she goes, Ig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5kY...eature=related
The music would cause the perps to look up, too, capturing their
faces. (Sing it, Norah baby!) ]

As others have pointed out, a photo of the perp after the fact doesn't
necessarily do you much good. You really want to discourage the break in.
Before anyone will break in they will peer inside. Have a something inside
that looks like a camera, maybe with a blinking light to attract attention.
Next to it should be a sign saying something like "Smile, wireless web cam.
See your face at somefakeurl.com"

You assume too much, sir. Things like that would be entirely lost on
illiterates and illegal aliens, 2 groups which make up a sizable
portion of the criminal population.

[billboard] "Illiterate? Write to us for help!"

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

Drive a crappy dirty car. Leave the right rear window rolled down. Get
some McDonald's wrappers and Big Mac cardboard containers and sprinkle the
interior. Put a rolled up baby diaper in the back window filled with some
newspaper stuffing. Put a terrycloth towel over the front seat like it's
covering a hole. Whenever you get out, turn the rearview mirror very askew.
Remove diagonal hubcaps. Smear a little lard on your left rear window, then
dust with fine sand. It will pick up a nice umber tone as it ages.

Works great for me. I've had people throw dollar bills and free car wash
certificates in the open window.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

[...]

Called when someone tried to steal the Pathfinder from our driveway when we
were in the pool. Broke some scissors in the ignition, so could not start
the car. The man said that I needed to come to the station and do a station
report, as I had disturbed the crime scene, and they did not send officers
out for attempted thefts. They would only send them out if the perp were
still in the car. And they tell you to drive to the station, sometimes an
impossibility if your column lock has been jammed.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Strap sez:

"You assume too much, sir. Things like that would be entirely lost on
illiterates and illegal aliens, 2 groups which make up a sizable
portion of the criminal population."

Right on Strap! The criminal element is not deterred by laws. They got here by ignoring laws.
They only understand examples made of themselves.

Bob Swinney

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus12585" wrote in message

Buerste, maybe you can post that video publicly? Maybe that would
help?

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus12585" wrote in message

Buerste, maybe you can post that video publicly? Maybe that would
help?

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

What kinds of litigation?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:02:33 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Ignoramus12585" wrote in message
m...

Buerste, maybe you can post that video publicly? Maybe that would
help?

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/7/2010 10:22 AM, Steve B wrote:

Drive a crappy dirty car. Leave the right rear window rolled down. Get
some McDonald's wrappers and Big Mac cardboard containers and sprinkle the
interior. Put a rolled up baby diaper in the back window filled with some
newspaper stuffing. Put a terrycloth towel over the front seat like it's
covering a hole. Whenever you get out, turn the rearview mirror very askew.
Remove diagonal hubcaps. Smear a little lard on your left rear window, then
dust with fine sand. It will pick up a nice umber tone as it ages.

Works great for me. I've had people throw dollar bills and free car wash
certificates in the open window.

Steve

LOL .. One of the major reasons why I don't wash my car or clean it out
much. It's dirty on the inside, but just from ashes and plastic soda
bottles.. Oh, and those damn ATM / gas receipts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that Larry Jaques fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:11:54 -0700:

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers.

I was told once that they look fine when viewed in their native
format. The conversion to NTSC or PAL messes them up.

That and over re-using tapes.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...=feeds-newsxml

H.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

You need an active security system, not a passive one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

H.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus12585" wrote in message
m...

Buerste, maybe you can post that video publicly? Maybe that would
help?

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

LOL Tell us that other one again about how the liberals were making
bomb threats against you.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers. A cell phone in the
-dark- could have taken better shots than those hi-rez pics, wot?

A while back, like 2001, I was working for a guy that serviced banks. Mostly PC support
but while I was with him I got a look at how how efficient the data compression was of
those cameras at ATM's. The data was cached at each branch location and then sent over
some damn slow links like 56K frame relay to the momma bank. He was using compression
software from RealNetworks back then. Those banks squeezed their data links like they
squeeze customers.

Oh, the pictures were color and looked pretty good.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for a
couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 20:34:43 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for a
couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody?

If you were truly afraid of having your factory burned down etc. then
you for damned sure wouldn't be spewing the crap you're so fond of
here. For gawds sake, you already claimed that the liberals were
threatening you with bombs, but failed to post the proof of that as
well.

It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

You can't think of a single reason, yet it's the reason you won't show
the video. Ridiculous.

Oh well, at least we know you can't be on the list of cullers. Too
much chance of getting sued, right? Too funny.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:59:47 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote the following:

Strap sez:

"You assume too much, sir. Things like that would be entirely lost on
illiterates and illegal aliens, 2 groups which make up a sizable
portion of the criminal population."

Right on Strap! The criminal element is not deterred by laws. They got here by ignoring laws.
They only understand examples made of themselves.

Red Rivulets Rule, Right, Swiney?
(after the pink mist flyeth)

Alas, 'tis only a pleasant dream.

Maybe if the rest of the states adopted Utah's firing squad
techniques...

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for
a couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

Tom,

Have you ever considered picking up and moving? Pick your spot anywhere in
the Midwest bible belt and you'll get a great workforce for a much lower
labor cost, local governments will give you incentives, buildings are
standing empty. Not to mention the better quality of life and crime like
this just don't exist.

I know we'll make the local paper over this:

A Holstein bull calf was found in our driveway. Julie called the sheriff
and then I noticed a sticker on the calf. We said, it had to come from the
local auction; Hotoveck's run that. So, we called and reminded him his wife
is out here every year with her kindergarten class. he went into his office
at night to find the owner. meanwhile, we knew the calf was starving so we
asked a neighbor that used to run a dairy to help. He made a hut for the
calf and found milk replacer to feed him. A short while later, both the
sheriff and Hotoveck's called back with the ID of the owner. The calf had
fell off the back of his truck onto the highway. The calf is now doing well.

Do you see items like this in your police report?

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

"Ignoramus12585" wrote in message
m...

Buerste, maybe you can post that video publicly? Maybe that would
help?

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

sigh Doesn't it truly suck that the speaking weasels and cops are on
the side of the perp? And it's illegal to trap and/or destroy the
vermin, too. Well, if you're caught.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"dan" wrote in message
What's that Lassie? You say that Larry Jaques fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:11:54 -0700:

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers.

I was told once that they look fine when viewed in their native
format. The conversion to NTSC or PAL messes them up.

That and over re-using tapes.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

most have switched to dvr's at this point. Quality is improving but it will
be not be good enough as the sole evidence unless it gets super crisp and
the perp is in view of the camera while commiting the crime.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for
a couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

The system is completely rigged against employers and for malcontents and
non-productive employees. I agree with you on the video, unless you have an
HD quality closeup of the skell's face, it would only lead to problems
caused by mistaken identity.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

You need an active security system, not a passive one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

Right you are, Howie! LOL

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:33:03 -0400, Wes
wrote the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers. A cell phone in the
-dark- could have taken better shots than those hi-rez pics, wot?

A while back, like 2001, I was working for a guy that serviced banks. Mostly PC support
but while I was with him I got a look at how how efficient the data compression was of
those cameras at ATM's. The data was cached at each branch location and then sent over
some damn slow links like 56K frame relay to the momma bank. He was using compression
software from RealNetworks back then. Those banks squeezed their data links like they
squeeze customers.

Oh, the pictures were color and looked pretty good.

I see. "were" and "lookED" being the key terms, eh?

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for a
couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

You cant simply slip someone a grand and have the perp killed?

Damn..Cleveland has gotten a whole bunch kinder and gentler since I was
there 40 yrs ago.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

You cant simply slip someone a grand and have the perp killed?

Damn..Cleveland has gotten a whole bunch kinder and gentler since I was
there 40 yrs ago.

Gunner

And cheaper. I hear the cost has been driven down to $500 or below. Or
just throw the wrong fingers in the air, and you'll get shot for nothing.
Being a deaf mute and using Ames in public must be getting hazardous.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:37:30 -0400, "ATP"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
,snip

And open myself up to all kinds of litigation?

Such as what?

Gunner

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to
go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for
a couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the
possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting
somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued
because.......................

The system is completely rigged against employers and for malcontents and
non-productive employees.

That shouldn't be an issue for Tom, who's said that he only hires
hard-working conservatives. snorf As for his claim that "every" one
of them he fires causes him to go through hearings and appeals, that's
just another whopper that he won't back up. Not to mention that it has
nothing at all to do with being sued over surveillance video.

I agree with you on the video, unless you have an
HD quality closeup of the skell's face, it would only lead to problems
caused by mistaken identity.

There are surveillance videos of such things on the news nightly, and
unlimited numbers of them on YouTube, many of which *have* resulted
in the perp being caught. The only reason Tom hasn't posted his is
because it won't back up his story. If it exists at all then it's
probably the typical 380 line infrared big-foot quality video that's
mostly useless for catching anyone. The only thing it's any good for
is as invisible evidence that the cops wouldn't do anything for him.
Ironically, he says that it's worth nothing to him to track down a
couple hundred dollar loss. Unless it's taxpayers footing the bill,
then he'd be happy to have an investigator spend a day or two on the
case.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 20:53:59 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

[...]

I saw a newspaper article on a rare cribbage hand that happened
locally.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

[...]

I heard a Utah local AM radio program a while back called Tradio where
people call in to get rid of all manner of things, or find things. I had a
friend in the car with me, and was dialed in to the program. He was from
southern Cal. I said, "We get the dangdest things on this program."

Then a caller wanted to know if anyone had any rotten apples they wanted to
get rid of. He wanted them to feed his pigs, and all the ones on his trees
that would fall off did. So, he offered to come over to your house and
clean your yard if you had apple or fruit trees that had dropped fruit on
the ground.

My liberal yuppy friend looked back and forth to me and the radio as this
transpired.

I was going to tell him the latest news about the local polygamists, but
figured he had enough for one day.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message

[...]

Yeap, I know your area Steve. Wife wanted to stay over night in that
little town just outside of Zion then she wanted to go see a movie at
that big movie complex. As we were standing in line I noticed that
there was only one movie to choose from and commented about it and
this young couple says that they only get a new movie like every month
or two and that they have seen it a couple of dozen times and it's
good.

Or a place not far from there I used the restroom in this nice old
country store and there were about six men there talking at the
counter all dressed the same in overalls and with the same looking
gray beards as they walked out they all said good bye, bye brother
Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother
Bob, bye brother Bob.

The young people are the best, it must be the things I say to them,
they seem to be missing something very basic that I can't place. They
seem perplexed like your trying to explain something that they have
never encountered, like something out of the Twilight Zone or Stepford
Wives or maybe the Serta Sheep eyes. Hmmm, maybe not the sheep, just
looked they have more expression LOL.

SW