Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT surveillance camera for a car?

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 01:42:22 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote the following:

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

I had full video from motion detecting overlapping cameras of a break-in.
The guy broke through a skylight as the video shows first the cloud of dust
that set off the camera then you see him drop into view and go about his
thieving. I thought the police would be thrilled to have all this
documentation. The cop says to me: "OK, we'll get right on it and issue an
APB in the ghetto for a 20-40 year old, 140 lb Black male. You'll hear from
us REAL soon!

Ah, isn't it lovely to hear those words from a caring representative
of your local gov't?

Were your pictures as grainy and sucky as all of those captured by the
high-tech, expensive systems used in our banks, Tawm? I cannot believe
the crap I've seen on TV and in the newspapers. A cell phone in the
-dark- could have taken better shots than those hi-rez pics, wot?
Could the banks have figured out what you just did, that the cops
don't care and the system is broken, so they put only the minimum
dollars into a system which isn't really utilized anyway?

Just another one of those things that make you go "Hmmmmmm?"

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is