Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] is offline

Default OT surveillance camera for a car?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:10:24 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

"Ignoramus6391" wrote in message
news
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS
stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well.

I would like to find a surveillance system for a car.

Requirements a

1) 12v power supply and low power consumption
2) Unobtrusive look or, better, designed to be hidden
3) Good recording capability to a flash drive
4) NOT BULKY
5) Ability to survive 60 degrees C or so inside a vehicle.

I have looked a little and everything I found is kind of ridiculous,
huge in your face things and huge tape recorders, etc.

Any suggestions?

As others have pointed out, a photo of the perp after the fact doesn't
necessarily do you much good. You really want to discourage the break in.
Before anyone will break in they will peer inside. Have a something inside
that looks like a camera, maybe with a blinking light to attract attention.
Next to it should be a sign saying something like "Smile, wireless web cam.
See your face at somefakeurl.com"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...=feeds-newsxml

H.