Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obamas passport?

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:52:20 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
..

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

The passport he has, which is a US passport. There was no reason why he should
not use a US passport to visit Pakistan in 1981.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

The passport he has, which is a US passport. There was no reason why he should
not use a US passport to visit Pakistan in 1981.

Do you have a picture of that passport? And any cites as to which
passport he actually used?

Or are you simply giving your opinion? Again.

Gunner

Mark Rand
RTFM

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

A far more interesting question is: "If there is even a tiny chance
that you are correct why has there not been a concentrated effort by
the Republican Party to obtain this information?"

One would tend to believe that if it were possible to prove that an
election of a Democrat President was fraudulently that the Republicans
would want it publicized. Wouldn't one?

Regards,

J.B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

The passport he has, which is a US passport. There was no reason why he
should
not use a US passport to visit Pakistan in 1981.

Do you have a picture of that passport? And any cites as to which
passport he actually used?

Or are you simply giving your opinion? Again.

Gunner

Another birther on a fishing trip.

This is what I mean that it would make no difference if Obama walked around
downtown DC waving his long-form birth certificate. The birther nutbags
would just keep finding one more thing to question, world without end, amen.

What reason do you have to believe it wasn't a US passport, Gunner? Except
for the discredited ones you've come up with so far, that is.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Or are you simply giving your opinion? Again.

Gunner

Guns! Take a step back and breathe!

Bottom line - it doesn't matter anymore.
The guy IS the President of the United States, and yes,
he's not only a democrat, he's black.

Deal with it, man.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

Conclusion:
When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a
British passport or an Indonesian passport.

Imagine my surprise that Snopes has seen this as well...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/passport.asp

So which passport did he use?

Gunner

A far more interesting question is: "If there is even a tiny chance
that you are correct why has there not been a concentrated effort by
the Republican Party to obtain this information?"

One would tend to believe that if it were possible to prove that an
election of a Democrat President was fraudulently that the Republicans
would want it publicized. Wouldn't one?

Have any idea how many times this question has been brought to court so
far?

33 times

And it never ever goes to trial or a jury.

Democrats make sure to put up such a fuss...that it is tossed out of
court. generally without "prejudice"...which means it can be opened
again.

And when it is...its again tossed without prejudice..and then again and
again.

Seems no court wants to be the one to upset the apple cart..or be the
first one to find a president there illegally.

Must scare the **** out any judge put in that position.

Gunner

Regards,

J.B.

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:22:55 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Or are you simply giving your opinion? Again.

Gunner

Guns! Take a step back and breathe!

Bottom line - it doesn't matter anymore.
The guy IS the President of the United States, and yes,
he's not only a democrat, he's black.

Actually...he is only 6% black, 50% white, and 44% middle eastern, but
that really doesnt mean anything to me. What bothers me (and we are
drifting from the topic) is that he is a Marxist Community Organizer
with absolutely NO clue what he is doing as president. And Ill bet he
would admit that, if you got him high enough, or drunk enough.

Now..as to his passport...and is he Legally the President of the USA?
He may have been voted in..but frauds happen every day. Look at Wall
Street for an example.

Deal with it, man.

I was simply asking questions. Shrug..if the Left doesnt like the
questions..then they should be able to answer it promptly and properly.

Their Opinions are like assholes..everyone has one..and they all stink.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

[...]

Do you really believe all this conspiracy stuff? Do you really believe
that there is not a single judge somewhere in this Brave Land, elected
in a good strong Republican jurisdiction (so he doesn't have to worry
about next year), that would hear the case?

Do you really believe that not only the Republican National Committee,
to say nothing of the Democratic National Committee and those
political neophytes, the Clintons, are somehow partners in a cover up?

Or do you believe it just might be possible that the reason the courts
haven't disqualified the President is because there isn't any
evidence, that will stand the light of day, to support these fantastic
theories.

Regards,

J.B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

[...]

Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

Best guess? About the same time you have to produce yours...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

[...]

When will gunner release his military service records? His employment
records? His educational records?
Get a life.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.

[...]

My understanding is that Obama's birth certificate has been physically
inspected and appears legitimate and that the applicable agency in
Hawaii has certified that it is a normal, legal birth certificate.

What more is there to do?

School records? Didn't he attend Harvard University? Or are you
referring to the "Moslem School" that he went to in Indonesia, which
everyone just knows is a "Moslem country", right?

You will note the inverted commas I hope.

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.
[...]

*AP declared Obama “Kenyan-Born”*

(The Post & Email)

What most people know is that the Associated Press (AP) is one of the
largest, internationally recognized, syndicated news services. What
most people don’t know that is in 2004, the AP was a “birther” news
organization.

How so? Because in a syndicated report, published Sunday, June 27,
2004, by the Kenyan Standard Times, and which was, as of this report,
available at

http://web.archive.org/web/200406271...ws26060403.htm

The AP reporter stated the following:

*Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over
the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of
the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.*

**This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between
Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for
not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick
retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the
presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office.**
**Seeing that an AP reporter is too professional to submit a story which
was not based on confirmed sources (ostensibly the Obama campaign in
this case), the inference seems inescapable:** **Obama himself was
putting out in 2004, that he was born in Kenya .**

The difficulty in finding this gem of a story is hampered by Google,
which is running flak for Obama: because if you search for “Kenyan-born
US Senate” you wont find it, but if you search for the phrase without
quotes you will find links which talk about it.

For those who believe what they see, here is the screen capture of the
page from the Kenyan Sunday Standard, electronic edition, of June 27,
2004 — Just in case that page is scrubbed from the Web Archive:

Readers should take note that this AP story, was syndicated world-wide,
so you should be able to find it in major newspapers, archived in
libraries world-wide. If any reader does this, please let *The Post &
Email*know, so that we can publish a follow up-story. You can scrub the
net, but scrubbing libraries world-wide is not so easy.

Hanen of *Sentinel Blog Radio* broke the public news of the existence of
this AP story at on October 14, 2009 at 12:31 pm. However, *The Post &
Email* can confirm that a professional investigator had uncovered this
story months ago, and that certified and authenticated copies of this
report, meeting Federal Rules of evidence, have already been prepared
and archived at many locations nationwide.

It should be noted that on January 8, 2006, the *Honolulu Advertiser*
also reported that Barack Hussein Obama was born outside the United States .

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...601080334.html

*A Chronology of Deceit*

One can now ask an important question which has not yet been emphasized
enough: “/Just when did Obama begin to publically claim he was born in
Hawaii ?” /This question is distinct from the question, /“Just where in
fact was Obama born?”/, and from the other question, /“What do official
documents say about where he was born?”/

Regarding his claims, we can summarize what is known:

1. As of Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, Obama’s Campaign was putting out that he
was born in Hawaii . This is known from the introductory speech given
by Prof. George A. O. Magoha, Vice-Chancellor of the University of
Nairobi , on the occasion of a speech given there by Senator Obama that
day. /(One presumes that the Vice-Chancellor was given notes from the
Obama campaign, as is customary on such occasions)/

2. From the newspaper reports above, it is clear that the Obama campaign
was putting out that he was born in Kenya , or overseas, during the
period of June 27, 2004, until January 8, 2006.

**3. In October of 2004, during the ABC Chicago Affiliate’s broadcast of
the Obama-Keyes debates, Obama openly admitted — he conceded — that he
was not a natural born citizen. /(C-Span aired the uncut version of the
debates, which contained this exchange, in the second half of April,
2005)/**

4. It is known from a classmate of Obama at Harvard University , that
while at Harvard, Obama at least on one occasion admitted that he was
born in Kenya . /(This friend went on record on a call in radio program
in Idaho in early July, 2009)/

If any reader can find a link which documents a claim to a birth
location before Aug. 28th, 2006, which differs from this timeline or
which supports it; please let *The Post & Email* know of it, by posting
it in the comment section below.

In a follow up report, *The Post & Email* has published a brief analysis
of the Google Newspaper archive, which shows that Obama’s story changed
after June 27,2004.

*Finally, that the AP did cover this story,* reprinted by the East
African Standard, *can be seen from the citation made to AP stories
about it *(Jack Ryan dropping out of the race), in the following
contemporary news articles, which however are incomplete:

June 25, 2004 — http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,123716,00.html

June 26, 2004 — Bellview News Democrat

June 26, 2004 — AP Online Story by Michael Tarm

June 25, 2004 — AP Syndicated Story by Maura Kelly Lannan

(Second Source on June 26, 2009, which cites Associated Press Special
Correspondent David Espo and reporter Dennis Conrad as contributors to
this report)

(Third Source, The Ledger, print edition of June 26, 2009: partial
republication)

October 16, 2009

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
.
[...]

More lies. Don't you know how to use Snopes, Steve?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

I heard on those radical right wing talk shows that he and the DNC has spent
about $900,000 on the lawyers that are keeping this info from the public.
But you know, you can't believe all you hear on those right wing talk shows.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote

My understanding is that Obama's birth certificate has been physically
inspected and appears legitimate and that the applicable agency in
Hawaii has certified that it is a normal, legal birth certificate.

What more is there to do?

Show it to me and the American public, who, BTW ARE citizens. I just had to
show mine to a guy I didn't know at the post office to get a passport. Why
don't I have the right to see other people's birth certificates, especially
if it is someone working for me?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

My understanding is that Obama's birth certificate has been physically
inspected and appears legitimate and that the applicable agency in
Hawaii has certified that it is a normal, legal birth certificate.

What more is there to do?

Show it to me and the American public

He already has. You can see it online. Here are nine photos of it:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

Is he supposed to bring it to your house and show it to you personally? And
who is this "American public"? Most of us are satisfied.

...who, BTW ARE citizens.

So are the rest of us. And we don't want him wasting any more time on it.

I just had to show mine to a guy I didn't know at the post office to get a
passport. Why don't I have the right to see other people's birth
certificates, especially if it is someone working for me?

Because you don't. He's not your employee, anyway -- not that it would give
you the right to demand his birth certificate if he were.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

[...]

If his paycheck comes from my taxes, doesn't it follow he works for me? Why
did all this falderal occur in the first place when he was FIRST asked about
his birth certificate. Seems like any red blooded true American wouldn't
have a problem showing something that is required for holding an office in
the US.

I went to the site you posted. It all looks authentic. It must be true. I
mean, if it is on the Internet, or on television, or on radio, it HAS to be
true for those guys to put it out. Right? Even you said it was so, so it
HAS to be so.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

[...]

No. He's an elected official, not your employee.

Why did all this falderal occur in the first place...

Good question. It apparently has several sources, all of them from people
who are looking for a way to cause trouble for the President, or to make
money for themselves (Corsi, professional liar, with his book). The rest is
the right-wing echo chamber working at full volume, repeating the lies until
some people have come to believe them. That, of course, was their intent.

Wikipedia has done a good job of keeping up with it, if you want to look
into it yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...cha rd_Shelby

There also was a good, brief report from ABC news, which you can see he

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-nonsense.html

...when he was FIRST asked about his birth certificate. Seems like any
red blooded true American wouldn't have a problem showing something that
is required for holding an office in the US.

I went to the site you posted. It all looks authentic. It must be true.
I mean, if it is on the Internet, or on television, or on radio, it HAS to
be true for those guys to put it out. Right? Even you said it was so, so
it HAS to be so.

Steve

It's been authenticated by so many sources now, including Snopes,
Politifact, Factcheck.org, the state of Hawaii, and others, that one has to
be a complete paranoid not to believe *any* of them.

Now I have two questions for you, Steve. First, what other president has had
people from the opposing party demand to see his birth certificate?

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY do
you doubt it?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

[...]

Because his lips are moving.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

[...]

You didn't answer this question.

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY
do you doubt it?

--
Ed Huntress

Because his lips are moving.

There's the answer to your earlier question. That's where the falderal comes
from: Anything about him is believable as long as it's negative.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:57:40 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

Best guess? About the same time you have to produce yours...

Hell..I can produce my Miami Beach, Florida (Nov, 1953) birth cert in
about 5 minutes

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

Best guess? About the same time you have to produce yours...

Hell..I can produce my Miami Beach, Florida (Nov, 1953) birth cert in
about 5 minutes

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Has anyone asked to see it lately?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

More lies. Don't you know how to use Snopes, Steve?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

Yes, and I also don't trust them as my only source.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-kenya.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lawyersues.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-lies.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ibutions-2.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ruth-squad.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...-auschwitz.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...yer-md-not.htm

The fact is that it would be very easy to stop all of this crap. Just
release his original birth certificate NOT a copy generated AFTER people
asked for it.

I would bet that very few people here (yourself included Ed) don't have
the original document. I have the original and a state generated copy.
They are ENTIRELY different documents.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

Or are you simply giving your opinion? Again.

Gunner

Guns! Take a step back and breathe!

Bottom line - it doesn't matter anymore.
The guy IS the President of the United States, and yes,
he's not only a democrat, he's black.

Deal with it, man.

What do you think they are doing? This is how they do it. This is just
more of the campaign to destroy the president. They did it with Clinton
and now this is round two. This ploy is the one perfected by the Nazis.
It's the big lie routine. They make up lies and keep telling them over
and over in the hope that if you hear the lie enough times you start to
believe them. It's very effective on average people. But this is only
one technique they have in their bag of tricks. You'll see every one of
them over the next four years. It's all about tearing down Obama. They
don't care what damage they do to the country because the see replacing
the Democratic president with any republican, even a Sarah Palin, as
being good for the country. So they will try every dirty, sneaky,
underhanded trick they can come up with. You just have to consider who
this is coming from and then pay no attention to any of it. Just
remember if it is being said by a right winger it's a lie.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Now I have two questions for you, Steve.

I'm not Steve but I'd like to answer those questions.

First, what other president has had
people from the opposing party demand to see his birth certificate?

Chester Arthur.
Chester A. Arthur was the 21st president of the United States, he took
office upon the death of James Garfield. Arthur was Garfield's vice
president.
Section 1 of Article 2 of the constitution states; No person except a
natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of
the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of
President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall
not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen
Years a Resident within the United States."

Natural born citizen? Chester Arthur was not a natural born citizen and
he knew it. To be a natural born citizen he would have had to be born
of parents who were citizens of the United States, but his father who
was born in Ireland did not become naturalized until Chester was 14
years old. Chester Arthur perpetuated his lie well enough and long
enough that it wasn't until much later that it was discovered that he
had usurped the office of the presidency. Historic accounts show that
Chester Arthur went to great lengths, even ordering all of his personal
papers to be burned (sounds familiar) and lying about the year he was
born in hopes that claiming to be one year younger would add
plausibility to whether his father had been in the U.S. long enough to
acquire citizenship.

Barack Obama's father was born in Kenya, to that there is no dispute,
there is also no dispute that at the time of Barack Jr. birth he was a
citizen of Kenya and a british subject. Barack Sr. never sought nor did
he receive United States citizenship. According to the constitution, it
takes both parents being citizens to convey natural born citizenship to
their offspring.

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY do
you doubt it?

Why would it matter which state he was born in? His father was not a
U.S. citizen so he could not by any stretch of the imagination convey
natural born citizenship to his son who now occupies the White House.

The whole issue of the Hawaiian birth certificate is a rouse, a red
herring, the so called "birthers" are a ploy by those who strive to
dismantle the constitution to divert and deflect the real issue.

Again, it wouldn't matter if he was born on the lawn of the White House
with J. Edgar Hoover as witness, his father was a Kenyan national, was
NOT a U.S. citizen and could NOT convey natural born status to his son.

The largest crime since the inception of this country is being
perpetrated right under your noses, right now,and you all think that's
just dandy.

Am I a racist? I might be, I voted for Obama.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Computer power to the People!
Remember that logo on Micro Cornucopia Magazine and doctor Dobbs Journal?

Back in the mid 70s, when we were struggling to get computers into the hands of
the people, it seemed like the road to utopia. Everybody would have the power
to say his or her thing - and we would make the world a better place that way.

It didn't quite work out the way we imagined it would...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Time will tell eh. So when will Obama release his original Birth Cert
and his school records?

So far..they are locked securely away from the People.

Any idea why that is?

Hummmm?

Gunner

Best guess? About the same time you have to produce yours...

Hell..I can produce my Miami Beach, Florida (Nov, 1953) birth cert in
about 5 minutes

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Has anyone asked to see it lately?

Nope.
Im not President.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:33:03 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

If you have "the original" then how could the state generate a copy?
What did they copy?

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:46:53 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

wrote

My understanding is that Obama's birth certificate has been physically
inspected and appears legitimate and that the applicable agency in
Hawaii has certified that it is a normal, legal birth certificate.

What more is there to do?

Show it to me and the American public, who, BTW ARE citizens. I just had to
show mine to a guy I didn't know at the post office to get a passport. Why
don't I have the right to see other people's birth certificates, especially
if it is someone working for me?

Steve

Why should he show you his birth certificate? You are not an
authenticating agency. Has any previous president been asked to show
you his birth certificate?

My guess is that prior to being nominated by the national party there
would have been some formalities; proof of citizenship, etc.,
accomplished and whatever regulations and laws that applied would have
been conformed with.

To believe that somehow Obama slipped through a crack is pretty far
fetched given that not only was it to the Democrat's best interest to
ensure that he was squeaky clean but certainly the Republicans would
have had a good strong look at his antecedents. Given the Republican's
history with various intelligence organizations one must assume that
any shortcomings would have been disclosed early on and trumpeted to
the skies.

If the Democrats and the Republicans were too stupid to have a look at
his background wouldn't the Clintons been interested? How much good
old American green-back dollars would Hillary have been willing to
front up about the time she was running out of speed in the primaries
if you could actually prove that Obama was ineligible to be president?

And, of course any of the big news agencies would be glad to do a bit
of investigative reporting and blow the whistle on the President who
wasn't qualified to be elected. Better then torture, sex in the oval
office and Mai Lai all rolled into one.

But strangely, none of these heavy hitters have said a word about
Obama not being eligible. Not a peep out of any of them.

So what is the reason here? A conspiracy? Can't be the Knights of the
Bed Sheets -Nope, Obama is part colored. The International Jewish
Conspiracy? Doubtful. Obama seems soft on Moslems. The Democrats? Of
course they would deliberately pick an unqualified candidate?
Maybe the Clintons - Hills wanted to be Secretary of State and didn't
care about the presidency?

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:05:46 -0600, Neil Nelson
wrote:

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Are you really, really sure of your facts here? that to be considered
a native born citizen of the United States you must be born to a man
and woman who are both citizens? You are sure? Really sure? Absolutely
sure?

Unfortunately you are wrong. The 14th amendment to the constitution
says, in the first paragraph that:

" 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject
to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of
the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law
which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life,
liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any
person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

More lies. Don't you know how to use Snopes, Steve?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

Yes, and I also don't trust them as my only source.

Then why didn't you check them for the facts before posting that hoax?

That's where the "smoke" that Joe Agro was talking about comes from. Some
liars post something negative about Obama on the Internet; someone else
picks it up and starts spreading it around by e-mail (are you on Gunner's
re-mail lists? I am. They're full of crappy lies.). Then you post it here,
even though you know how to check it easily, and would have found out, if
you had checked, that it's a hoax.

So you perpetuate the crap. Get enough of this noise going, and it works
like Joseph Goebbels said it does: repeat a lie often enough, and people
start to believe it. Or, as in Joe's case, they start to believe that
"something must be there."

But nothing is really there, except a lot of people who mindlessly repeat
the lies, bouncing it back and forth in an echo chamber, until the truth
hardly has a chance.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-kenya.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lawyersues.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-lies.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ibutions-2.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ruth-squad.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...-auschwitz.htm
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...yer-md-not.htm

The fact is that it would be very easy to stop all of this crap. Just
release his original birth certificate NOT a copy generated AFTER people
asked for it.

I would bet that very few people here (yourself included Ed) don't have
the original document. I have the original and a state generated copy.
They are ENTIRELY different documents.

This isn't Hawaii, Steve. Laws are different in different states. NOBODY
requires the original document for anything. That includes joining the CIA.
A certification with a certifying seal is considered standard today.

The whole birther thing is nuts.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Neil Nelson" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Now I have two questions for you, Steve.

I'm not Steve but I'd like to answer those questions.

First, what other president has had
people from the opposing party demand to see his birth certificate?

Chester Arthur.
Chester A. Arthur was the 21st president of the United States, he took
office upon the death of James Garfield. Arthur was Garfield's vice
president.

snip

This is a complete pack of lies and ignorance, Neil. To be a "natural born
citizen," one has to be born in the US. It has nothing to do with where your
*father* was born, fer chrissake.

Wikipedia does a pretty good job of explaining where the "birther" nonsense
comes from on Arthur. It was a bit similar to what Obama faces -- political
opponents who lied through their teeth to try to stop Arthur's presidency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester...ur#cite_note-1

Section 1 of Article 2 of the constitution states; No person except a
natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of
the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of
President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall
not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen
Years a Resident within the United States."

Natural born citizen? Chester Arthur was not a natural born citizen and
he knew it. To be a natural born citizen he would have had to be born
of parents who were citizens of the United States...

Complete baloney.

[...]

Complete nonsense. Show us this provision in the Constitution. (Hint: It
doesn't exist.)

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY
do
you doubt it?

Why would it matter which state he was born in? His father was not a
U.S. citizen so he could not by any stretch of the imagination convey
natural born citizenship to his son who now occupies the White House.

This is an absolute crock of nonsense.

Now I have a question for you, Neil: Where did you get this pile of crap? I
don't believe you made it up on your own. This was written by someone who
was counting on his audience to be too dumb or lazy to check any of it out.
I don't believe you did that. So, who did you get it from?

I'm always curious about where these lies get their start.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

When I was a kid, I saw my birth certificate. I took it with me when I left
home for ID purposes. I had it a long time. It was about half the size of
a piece of letter paper, very fragile thin paper, but it had a stamp, and
was legal. It got away from me over the years. Then, I needed a passport
to go to Kuwait, and could not find it. So, I sent for another. A big full
sized sheet of blue paper with fancy border, looking in no way or font like
the original.

Now, I ask this. What happened to my "original" birth certificate? Why
can't they produce a copy of the one I have burned on my memory banks? It's
a conspiracy, I tell ya, a Goddam conspiracy. I bet Bush and Rush had
something to do with it, but I can't prove it. Copies of birth certificates
can be produced from templates in minutes, reading just what is inputted.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote

A certification with a certifying seal is considered standard today.

Ed Huntress

And anyone with $12 worth of software can produce one.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:05:46 -0600, Neil Nelson
wrote:

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Yes. You should be also.

that to be considered
a native born citizen of the United States you must be born to a man
and woman who are both citizens? You are sure? Really sure? Absolutely
sure?

Unfortunately you are wrong. The 14th amendment to the constitution
says, in the first paragraph that:

" 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject
to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of
the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law
which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life,
liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any
person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It says that all persons born or naturalized in the United States and
subject to the jurisdiction of are CITIZENS of the United States.

IOWs, being born here merely conveys _citizenship_.

Being born here doesn't not automatically make one a _natural born
citizen_.

The phrase to which you refer gives equal status (citizen) to someone
who was born here -or- has been naturalized.

I can't understand how so many can so easily confuse the issue, it's
simple enough to understand.

Then again, I can't understand how someone who was convicted of
possession of crack cocaine could be elected to mayor of the city of
Washington D.C.

Our standards keep dropping...

Regards to you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

So you perpetuate the crap. Get enough of this noise going, and it works
like Joseph Goebbels said it does: repeat a lie often enough, and people
start to believe it.

A good example would be;
"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of
Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the
Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was
born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen."

Or, as in Joe's case, they start to believe that
"something must be there."

But nothing is really there, except a lot of people who mindlessly repeat
the lies, bouncing it back and forth in an echo chamber, until the truth
hardly has a chance.

Seems to be working.

[...]

It certainly is.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"aarcuda69062" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

So you perpetuate the crap. Get enough of this noise going, and it works
like Joseph Goebbels said it does: repeat a lie often enough, and people
start to believe it.

A good example would be;
"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of
Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the
Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was
born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen."

He's right. That's what it takes to be a natural-born citizen.

Or, as in Joe's case, they start to believe that
"something must be there."

But nothing is really there, except a lot of people who mindlessly repeat
the lies, bouncing it back and forth in an echo chamber, until the truth
hardly has a chance.

Seems to be working.

Indeed it does.