Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Obamas passport?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

My understanding is that Obama's birth certificate has been physically
inspected and appears legitimate and that the applicable agency in
Hawaii has certified that it is a normal, legal birth certificate.

What more is there to do?

Show it to me and the American public

He already has. You can see it online. Here are nine photos of it:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

Is he supposed to bring it to your house and show it to you personally?
And who is this "American public"? Most of us are satisfied.

...who, BTW ARE citizens.

So are the rest of us. And we don't want him wasting any more time on it.

I just had to show mine to a guy I didn't know at the post office to get
a passport. Why don't I have the right to see other people's birth
certificates, especially if it is someone working for me?

Because you don't. He's not your employee, anyway -- not that it would
give you the right to demand his birth certificate if he were.

--
Ed Huntress

If his paycheck comes from my taxes, doesn't it follow he works for me?

No. He's an elected official, not your employee.

Why did all this falderal occur in the first place...

Good question. It apparently has several sources, all of them from people
who are looking for a way to cause trouble for the President, or to make
money for themselves (Corsi, professional liar, with his book). The rest is
the right-wing echo chamber working at full volume, repeating the lies until
some people have come to believe them. That, of course, was their intent.

Wikipedia has done a good job of keeping up with it, if you want to look
into it yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...cha rd_Shelby

There also was a good, brief report from ABC news, which you can see he

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-nonsense.html

...when he was FIRST asked about his birth certificate. Seems like any
red blooded true American wouldn't have a problem showing something that
is required for holding an office in the US.

I went to the site you posted. It all looks authentic. It must be true.
I mean, if it is on the Internet, or on television, or on radio, it HAS to
be true for those guys to put it out. Right? Even you said it was so, so
it HAS to be so.

Steve

It's been authenticated by so many sources now, including Snopes,
Politifact, Factcheck.org, the state of Hawaii, and others, that one has to
be a complete paranoid not to believe *any* of them.

Now I have two questions for you, Steve. First, what other president has had
people from the opposing party demand to see his birth certificate?

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY do
you doubt it?

--
Ed Huntress