Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama's Olympic Failure Highlights Limits of His International Appeal

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Jeez. *You're* the one with his asshole sliding down over a rock, not me,
pard'.

Ed, what is with you and John lately? You both are sliding into the gutter with your

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Jeez. *You're* the one with his asshole sliding down over a rock, not me,
pard'.

Ed, what is with you and John lately? You both are sliding into the
gutter with your

Wes

Testing Adolescent's cool. He reacts in a funny way. It looks like he's had
it too easy for a while, and I'm just trying to provoke him. d8-)

This is Whac-a-Mole with righties, Wes. It's the only entertainment left in
this place, thanks to Cliff and a couple of others who keep cross-posting.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ed, what is with you and John lately? You both are sliding into the
gutter with your

Wes

Testing Adolescent's cool. He reacts in a funny way. It looks like he's had
it too easy for a while, and I'm just trying to provoke him. d8-)

This is Whac-a-Mole with righties, Wes. It's the only entertainment left in
this place, thanks to Cliff and a couple of others who keep cross-posting.

If Cliff and TMT left this world or found other interests, this group would come back to
life. While I like the relative anonymity of Usenet, I'm starting to think maybe we
should all declare who we are.

I also wonder how many psychologists are researching Usenet and behavior. It seems to
bring out the worst in some people.

I'm even filtering right wingers out if they are not metalworking participants at RCM or
AMC.

If only we could learn to stop feeding the trolls. Myself included.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:44:16 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Jeez. *You're* the one with his asshole sliding down over a rock, not me,
pard'.

Ed, what is with you and John lately? You both are sliding into the gutter with your

There's prolly a little bit of arsenic in the Obama koolaid, or they
drank triple doses. shrug

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 3, 6:44*pm, Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:
Jeez. *You're* the one with his asshole sliding down over a rock, not me,
pard'.

Ed, what is with you and John lately? *You both are sliding into the gutter with your

Wes

You mean you don't like to hear someone sound like you?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 3, 7:32*pm, Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:
[...]

But of course your buddies like Gunner get a free pass.

Wes...just admit it...you are a conservative winger who can't handle
The Truth.

And there is plenty of Truth to go around as the Country struggles
back from the edge of the disaster that Bush brought us to.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Wes, take a look at a few patterns that have emerged lately. Adolescent
isn't responding with a list of NGs that happens to include RCM: he CREATES
new posts, one after another, with RCM in the list. He's actively inserting
RCM into the distributions. That's why I have no respect for him, and feel
free to say anything to him that reflects my annoyance. d8-)

And a few weeks ago you, or someone else, trimmed a distro from a thread
that Cliff had created, leaving just RCM on it, and Cliff responded with all
of the other NGs pasted back on.

Also note that Adolescent got no responses from RCM for a long time but he
continued to include RCM in his distro lists. He's operating like a spammer;
once a NG is on there, he keeps using it. It's a numbers game for him.

There is no way that non-response is going to affect these people. Trolling
has morphed into something that's more like spamming. They aren't looking
for an argument so much as a forum for plastering their views up on the
wall, like posters in a subway. Cliff, Adolescent, and one or two others are
creating threads to provoke and to insult other people, and they don't care
when or if anyone responds from those groups. If they don't get enough
response to indicate that they're getting under someone's skin, they just
start new, more provocative threads.

You aren't going to get rid of them, least of all by ignoring them. They'll
just turn up the noise level until they get a response or two. That's all it
takes to keep them going. And if no one responds, they just keep starting
new threads.

Adolescent has picked up one of Gunner's old habits, cutting and pasting
lengthy diatribes from the right-wing media. He's not looking for arguments
at all. You can tell he isn't really into that part of it. What he's "into"
is spreading his obnoxious polemics around Usenet.

I have several people, one from RCM, in my bozo bin and they've all been
there for over a year. But they keep "leaking" through. Often it's because
someone from another NG responded to them -- something which no amount of
discipline on our part will stop.

The effect, to me, is to seriously foul the air and the mood in this place.
It's really become obnoxious, especially since the right wing has taken off
on a rampage against the new administration. These people are among the most
loutish, juvenile, and selfish creeps I've ever seen. In that atmosphere,
good on-topic discussions tend to have a short life and to go through a
transformation into name-calling with amazing speed.

So I'm not really here in spirit. I welcome the few worthwhile things that
get through the noise, but Usenet is near death as it is, and I'm getting
ready to move out and find another place to talk. Maybe I'll follow Jim
Rozen. Meantime, I may hammer on the Whac-a-Moles from time to time, because
it really has no effect, except to relieve some annoyance. I'm really
tempted to take the gloves off and see how much Adolescent can take. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Wes, take a look at a few patterns that have emerged lately. Adolescent
isn't responding with a list of NGs that happens to include RCM: he CREATES
new posts, one after another, with RCM in the list. He's actively inserting
RCM into the distributions. That's why I have no respect for him, and feel
free to say anything to him that reflects my annoyance. d8-)

I kill filtered CA a long time ago. Googling shows a pure troll as in no redeeming
qualities.

I know how you feel though. TMT iritated me enough that I used some rather foul language
in reponse. That is problably what he wanted. He wanted me to lower myself. Perhaps CA
wants the same from you?

And a few weeks ago you, or someone else, trimmed a distro from a thread
that Cliff had created, leaving just RCM on it, and Cliff responded with all
of the other NGs pasted back on.

Cliff could be a contributing member of some groups but he can't turn off his rants. I
wonder how he would have tested on that narcissist test in an earlier thread?

Also note that Adolescent got no responses from RCM for a long time but he
continued to include RCM in his distro lists. He's operating like a spammer;
once a NG is on there, he keeps using it. It's a numbers game for him.

The view from here is you, replying to yourself since most of his troll bait from the
other groups have been filtered out. I fired up the laptop the other day and saw R.C.M.
with the filters off. What a mess. I gotta transfer my current filter list to it asap.

There is no way that non-response is going to affect these people. Trolling
has morphed into something that's more like spamming. They aren't looking
for an argument so much as a forum for plastering their views up on the
wall, like posters in a subway. Cliff, Adolescent, and one or two others are
creating threads to provoke and to insult other people, and they don't care
when or if anyone responds from those groups. If they don't get enough
response to indicate that they're getting under someone's skin, they just
start new, more provocative threads.

That is why we have kill filters. If we don't see them, we don't get tempted to reply. I
know it is hard though. You can look up some of my earlier posts and I was prime troll
bait. I keep trying not to bite. Hope I can keep my resolve come winter.

You aren't going to get rid of them, least of all by ignoring them. They'll
just turn up the noise level until they get a response or two. That's all it
takes to keep them going. And if no one responds, they just keep starting
new threads.

The analogy of a screaming kid being ignored by the parent until the kid wears himself out
applies. However, the screaming is hard on all the bystanders.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Whack a mole? The only thing Ed whacks off is himself. I have asked many
times in this group to put your spammers on a shorter leash. That includes
TMT, Cliff, and now for some reason Ed **** in a dress. You choose to spill
your spam into m.s., I just forward it back here where it belongs. I have
never seen a post from this group reprimanding either TMT or Cliff for
cross-posting their racist bigoted crap into m.s.

Childish Ed **** in a dress freely admits that this is fun for him, good,
let him enjoy the fun. He's another troll that you let run off leash and
**** in m.s. I'm just throwing the **** back over the fence. Keep your
trolls on a shorter leash and you will see the cross-posting go away. FWIW,
r.c.m. is only experiencing a small fraction of what we experience from your
trolls. Have a nice day.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

discussion snipped

. I'm really
tempted to take the gloves off and see how much Adolescent can take. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

the problem is, as we know that without more effort than it's worth, it's
only words - and to go seek out Adolescent, or any of the other "special
people" and to actually show them how annoying they are, would probably be
a violation of some laws. Even in Texas, the "he needed killing" defense
seems weaker when the intenet is in the middle. And, forensics being what
they are, implanting a digital reward would probably not remain anonymous.
But maybe we can take a lesson from Gandalf, in the Hobbit, where he saves
Bilbo and the others in the party by tricking the trolls into arguing with
themselves until the sun comes up, at which time they are turned into
stone. Maybe some sunshine on the trolls....

Recording for my records.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Compact Adolescent" wrote in message

[...]

I've been lurking, but I guess it's time to speak up. This CA character has
a very good point. The m.s. group which is one of my favorites has been
over-run with spam from this group. The suspects seem top be Cliff and TMT
who post to many newsgroups at the same time.

While I don't like seeing the spam here in rec.crafts.metalworking, I can't
say that I blame the misc.survivalism crew from taking out their
frustrations on us. Cliff, TMT and now Ed and John Carroll (not mentioned
earlier, but is also a participant) are all belong to us, and we have
ignored requests to try to keep them in check. So quit posting off-topic to
their newsgroup and lets see if the spam eases up as CA seems to be saying
it will.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Sorry about the double-post, still new to posting

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, shoot, I'm not talking about a physical confrontation. I'm talking
about discussing his intellectual and sexual inadequacies. g

--
Ed Huntress

no, no - remember Gandalf - get a different troll to do that, you just
provide the sunshine - a real name and address might make Adolescent grow
up, and I don't think that discovering such a thing violates any laws.

You have a deep and transcendant faith, Bill. g I suspect he'd just get
nasty.

as an aside, out of 12 new topics/threads posted since I posted the thing
you replied two, one is related to metal working, the remainder are all
spam/OT, and they are all political.

One more neuron, he'd have a synapse

Stand back...it's time to flush!

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

I realize that, and I'm sorry for contributing to the mess. But I love the
smell of napalm in the morning...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

You're the mole.

I have asked many times in this group to put your spammers on a shorter
leash.

We have one for you, Adolescent. You won't like the collar, though. It
tightens up as you hang there.

I'm just throwing the **** back over the fence.

You're a lying slimeball, Adolescent. You're the source of much of it.

Have a nice day.

It's time for you to drive your bus, Adolescent. There's a nice cliff over
on your right...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Amint" wrote in message

[...]

I've never posted off-topic to "their" newsgroup. All I've ever done is
reply to the insulting provocations from the creeps, freaks, and k00ks who
post from there to here -- like the Perpetual Adolescent.

We don't control Cliff or TMT any more than we control the Adolescent, and
he should realize that. So taking out his frustrations by spamming here just
makes him another one of the jerks.

If he only replied to posts from here, I might feel a little differently.
But that's not what's going on. He's initiating it, taking out his
frustrations about Cliff and TMT by spamming everyone. In other words, he's
living up to his nym. He's an immature jerk who doesn't care about anyone
else but himself.

Tell him to knock off initiating posts to RCM, and it may quiet down.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Amint" wrote in message

[...]

Just a few minutes ago you responded to my post where I replied to a post
from here. So either you are a liar or just purposely being obtuse, or
both. I suspect both.

Hey, jackass, I REPLIED to a post. That's what I said -- I never initiate
a post, or a new thread, that crosses newsgroup lines. I only respond to
cross-posted messages that are initiated by some insulting jackass -- like
you.

Your words... "If he only replied to posts from here, I might feel a little
differently." So tell me, what other newsgroups do you see posted above in
the newsgroup list, jackass? You are both a liar and being obtuse, as I
suspected.

But that's not what's going on. He's initiating it, taking out his
frustrations about Cliff and TMT by spamming everyone. In other words,
he's living up to his nym. He's an immature jerk who doesn't care about
anyone else but himself.

Tell him to knock off initiating posts to RCM, and it may quiet down.

A few lines up you state that you don't control Cliff or TMT. What makes
you think someone else controls me?

Hey, butthead, I said that we don't control you. If Amint thinks we can
control Cliff or TMT, then let him try to control YOU, and see how far he
gets.

Your words... "Tell him to knock off initiating posts to RCM, and it may
quiet down." So tell me...what makes you think you can control either Amint
or me, butthead?

If he thinks we can do something about Cliff or TMT -- and Lord knows,
we've tried -- then let's see what happens when he tries to do what he
says we should do.

I'm curious, what have you tried? Because if you have tried something I may
be wrong about you. Please post what you have tried in the white space right
here --

You'll either straighten out and knock it off on your own, or not.
Meantime, I've NEVER started a thread that crosses newsgroup lines. I only
reply when the k00ks and freaks post something insulting here.

I'll stop initiating posts here to see if it makes a difference in m.s.
I'm not a jerk like Cliff or TMT. I expect your reciprocation. Any ****
is still going to come back over the fence though.

Unless I screw up and fail to strip out a newsgroup in the header, which I
do sometimes by accident, I'll continue to strip out the other newsgroups
in any message that I know was written by someone from RCM.

But now you're posting from RCM yourself, so I won't know where the hell
YOU're coming from half of the time. d8-)

Your words... "If he only replied to posts from here, I might feel a little
differently." So tell me, are you feeling differently now? =|:-)'

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Amint" wrote in message

[...]

I DO feel differently about that post. d8-)

But your other posts are those stinking cross-posted crap.

Now, if you want to stay here and join Cliff and TMT in everyone's bozo bin,
I'm sure things will die down quickly, because you'll find yourself pretty
universally ignored. It's mostly when your misc.survivalist.nutbags buddies
chime in that the leakage starts smelling the place up.

snip

Your words... "Tell him to knock off initiating posts to RCM, and it may
quiet down." So tell me...what makes you think you can control either
Amint or me, butthead?

Who said anyone can control you? I said nobody *can*. And if you or Amint
think we can control Cliff or TMT, let's see Amint try to control *you*, and
see how far he gets.

sheesh I'll have to find a way to post in larger letters. You seem to have
quite a reading problem.

Here, look at that paragraph again and see where you get the idea that
anyone can control you. AFAIC, you're completely out of control:

If he thinks we can do something about Cliff or TMT -- and Lord knows,
we've tried -- then let's see what happens when he tries to do what he
says we should do.

I'm curious, what have you tried? Because if you have tried something I
may be wrong about you. Please post what you have tried in the white space
right here --

ask Cliff if he's saved my old e-mails. As I said, I've surely tried.

Now, do you have something to contribute about metalworking? If not, maybe
it's time for you to hurry home to m.s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Amint" wrote in message

[...]

Maybe we can invite the whole lot to come over here to play. Just so we're
clear about your wishes, is that what you are asking for? We can grant an
doddering old man a final wish.

snip

[...]

Sure, I'll play. Try sticking a ball peen hammer up your ass and see if you
can give your brain a few taps.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Compact Adolescent" wrote in message

Maybe we can invite the whole lot to come over here to play. Just so we're
clear about your wishes, is that what you are asking for? We can grant an
doddering old man a final wish.

Of course you can. Being a selfish, self-centered prick, you'd find that to
be right up your alley.

I took a look in at misc.survivalist.nutbags and I see you're running a
swell cesspool over there, Adolescent. Isn't there enough pig**** for you to
wallow in at home? You want to spread it around, so you've come in here to
take a dump?

You guys could do something for yourselves by trading recipes or something.
Gunner can give you tips on how to spot the salmonella and rat **** in a
Dumpster. He's eaten out of one, he says.

And there must be a lot of ways to make jerky out of your pets. You'll be
all ready for the revolution that Gunner says is coming. Make sure you have
plenty of antibiotics; you never know what kinds of conservatives will move
in with you when the **** hits the fan.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

You will be one of the first to go during the Great Cull, right alongside
your butt buddy TMT.