Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Obama's Olympic Failure Highlights Limits of His International Appeal

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Wes, take a look at a few patterns that have emerged lately. Adolescent
isn't responding with a list of NGs that happens to include RCM: he CREATES
new posts, one after another, with RCM in the list. He's actively inserting
RCM into the distributions. That's why I have no respect for him, and feel
free to say anything to him that reflects my annoyance. d8-)

I kill filtered CA a long time ago. Googling shows a pure troll as in no redeeming
qualities.

I know how you feel though. TMT iritated me enough that I used some rather foul language
in reponse. That is problably what he wanted. He wanted me to lower myself. Perhaps CA
wants the same from you?

And a few weeks ago you, or someone else, trimmed a distro from a thread
that Cliff had created, leaving just RCM on it, and Cliff responded with all
of the other NGs pasted back on.

Cliff could be a contributing member of some groups but he can't turn off his rants. I
wonder how he would have tested on that narcissist test in an earlier thread?

Also note that Adolescent got no responses from RCM for a long time but he
continued to include RCM in his distro lists. He's operating like a spammer;
once a NG is on there, he keeps using it. It's a numbers game for him.

The view from here is you, replying to yourself since most of his troll bait from the
other groups have been filtered out. I fired up the laptop the other day and saw R.C.M.
with the filters off. What a mess. I gotta transfer my current filter list to it asap.

There is no way that non-response is going to affect these people. Trolling
has morphed into something that's more like spamming. They aren't looking
for an argument so much as a forum for plastering their views up on the
wall, like posters in a subway. Cliff, Adolescent, and one or two others are
creating threads to provoke and to insult other people, and they don't care
when or if anyone responds from those groups. If they don't get enough
response to indicate that they're getting under someone's skin, they just
start new, more provocative threads.

That is why we have kill filters. If we don't see them, we don't get tempted to reply. I
know it is hard though. You can look up some of my earlier posts and I was prime troll
bait. I keep trying not to bite. Hope I can keep my resolve come winter.

You aren't going to get rid of them, least of all by ignoring them. They'll
just turn up the noise level until they get a response or two. That's all it
takes to keep them going. And if no one responds, they just keep starting
new threads.

The analogy of a screaming kid being ignored by the parent until the kid wears himself out
applies. However, the screaming is hard on all the bystanders.

Wes