Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Right To Work

In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights'
and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom
of collective bargaining...

Unity
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The value of unions has greatly diminished over the decades. There was a
time and a place in history for them. The currently existing unions
typically hinder productivity for employees, companies, schools, and the
USA. Outsourcing and Unions have cost us, my children, and my
children's children a to much.
Just look at the state of the California schools, the automotive, steel,
and airline industries.

Simon Shabtai Evan

Millwright Ron wrote:
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights'
and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom
of collective bargaining...

Unity
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights'
and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom
of collective bargaining...

Yep! EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD!

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 04:06:17 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights'
and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom
of collective bargaining...

Yep! EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD!

Hayseuss, is that asshole still plugging unions here? Just plonk the
tweaker and forget him. Spammers deserve no attention whatsoever.

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Shabtai Evan" wrote in message
t...
The value of unions has greatly diminished over the decades. There was a
time and a place in history for them. The currently existing unions
typically hinder productivity for employees, companies, schools, and the
USA. Outsourcing and Unions have cost us, my children, and my
children's children a to much.
Just look at the state of the California schools, the automotive, steel,
and airline industries.

Funny that you would look at those industries and conclude that the reason
for their problems stems from unions. Any unbiased and critical look at each
of those you mentioned will show that each of them has unique challenges and
problems. It will also show that the fact that those industries have unions
has little or nothing to do with what's ailing them. But then if you start
with the assumption that unions are bad it's not really a surprise that you
wind up blaming them for everything. That has been a favorite tactic of
company management ever since unions were legalized. If you are not a
businessman or part of company management then that would be a surprise for
you to have that anti union view. But then, ever since Reagan many ordinary
working class whites have blamed unions for their problems when in reality
all unions ever did for the working class was to help it. Which is something
you can't say about management.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no
'rights' and no 'works.'

No, it just recognizes that you can get a job without belonging to a
parasitic union.

Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom of
collective bargaining...

You say that like it's a BAD thing...

Unity

Unity in doing as little as you can get away with for as much as you
can get till your job goes abroad.

David

Spoken like a true business owner, which I doubt you are, and makes your
point foolish.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/mcwane/

turns out you can watch the entire episode on-line.

when i read shabtai evan's post i thought "..unions hinder productivity.."
huh. unlike how productivity is raised in the conditions at places like
mcwane. work fast and hard (and get crushed by a truck) or be safe and
reduce productivity. i guess it depends on where you stand which is the
more desirable result.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

It's not that unions are good or bad, it's that they are seriously flawed in
concept. In Japan, unions actually function to better the lives of the
employees AND better the position of the company within it's market. There
exists a high degree of cooperation. Here in the US, unions have a reputation
of corruption, hindrance to productivity and low value returned for dues levied
on employees. The bad thing is that unions could be a good thing but choose not
to change their structure and methods...that's why they are diminishing. I USE
the union in my place to actually accomplish things. It took a long time to get
them on a new paradigm and shed the '50s mentality.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:

In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being
fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights'
and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom
of collective bargaining...

Why aren't you out campaigning for Obama? You're both union ass
kissers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Since you believe that unions are perfect and can do no wrong it is no
surprise that you would overlook the lost jobs, and reduced efficiency
caused
by unions.

That has been a favorite tactic of
company management ever since unions were legalized. If you are not a
businessman or part of company management then that would be a surprise
for
you to have that anti union view. But then, ever since Reagan many
ordinary
working class whites have blamed unions for their problems when in reality
all unions ever did for the working class was to help it. Which is
something
you can't say about management.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against
being fooled by false slogans, as 'right-to-work.' It provides
no 'rights' and no 'works.'
No, it just recognizes that you can get a job without belonging
to a parasitic union.

Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom of
collective bargaining...

You say that like it's a BAD thing...
Unity
Unity in doing as little as you can get away with for as much as
you can get till your job goes abroad.

David

Spoken like a true business owner, which I doubt you are, and makes
your point foolish.

Hawke

No, I don't own a business, but I have been a union member at Briggs &
Stratton and am simply reporting what I saw there and in former union
members that I've worked with at non union shops.

David- Hide quoted text -

Employees nationwide are struggling with economic and workload
issues: whether a Janitor, Home Care Worker, a a Security Guard, a
Nurse, a Police Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Construction Worker, an
Office Worker, or any worker who is mistreated in the workplace each
day; each are turning to labor unions for organizing.
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:46:39 -0800 (PST), Millwright Ron

Employees nationwide are struggling with economic and workload
issues: whether a Janitor, Home Care Worker, a a Security Guard, a
Nurse, a Police Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Construction Worker, an
Office Worker, or any worker who is mistreated in the workplace each
day; each are turning to labor unions for organizing.
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Sure they are. This is the 1950s, right?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:46:39 -0800, Millwright Ron wrote:

Employees nationwide are struggling with economic and workload
issues: whether a Janitor, Home Care Worker, a a Security Guard, a
Nurse, a Police Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Construction Worker, an
Office Worker, or any worker who is mistreated in the workplace each
day; each are turning to labor unions for organizing.

Yeah: "Well, we're not good enough to _earn_ the kind of wages we demand,
so what the heck - let's just gang up on him and _force_ him to pay us
more than what our work is worth."

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:46:39 -0800, Millwright Ron wrote:

Employees nationwide are struggling with economic and workload
issues: whether a Janitor, Home Care Worker, a a Security Guard, a
Nurse, a Police Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Construction Worker, an
Office Worker, or any worker who is mistreated in the workplace each
day; each are turning to labor unions for organizing.

Yeah: "Well, we're not good enough to _earn_ the kind of wages we demand,
so what the heck - let's just gang up on him and _force_ him to pay us
more than what our work is worth."

Cheers!
Rich

Right! your work is worth the same as an illegal alien. You deserve six
dollars an hour and no benefits and an unsafe workplace. You should just be
glad someone will hire you at all and it's not your business if he makes
1,000 times more than you do. He's supplying you a job and you should be
grateful for that. It's only fair that you live like a laborer in the 1930s.
That's all your work is worth. I'm sure glad I'm not you though.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:49:53 -0600, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

Millwright Ron wrote:

No, I don't own a business, but I have been a union member at
Briggs & Stratton and am simply reporting what I saw there and in
former union members that I've worked with at non union shops.

David

******************************************* Employees nationwide
are struggling with economic and workload issues: whether a
Janitor, Home Care Worker, a a Security Guard, a Nurse, a Police
Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Construction Worker, an Office Worker,
or any worker who is mistreated in the workplace each day; each are
turning to labor unions for organizing. Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Yeah! Let's get Burl Ives and Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger all
together and have an organizing hootenanny! We can sing about how
great it is to be paid more than we're worth to do as little as we can
get away with! That's our way of sticking it to the Man!

David

"Have you seen the vigilante man...have you seen the viiigilllante
man.... got a club and a gun in his hand...gonna shoot your brudder
and sister down....."

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Millwright Ron wrote:

[...]

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Unions are less corrupt: than corporations

Several studies have been done that have demonstrated that less than
1% of locals had corruption problems. Contrast this with investigation
into corporate corruption by Fortune magazine that found that
corporate corruption ran at 11%.

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com