Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kip Kip is offline

Default Mitsubishi WS48311 Television 1080i - Front panel buttons do not work, or work intermittently

I have a Mitsubishi WS48311 48" widescreen TV that operates fine with the
exception of the switch panel on the front of the TV.

The functions of the switch panel (power, volume, channel, enter, menu,
input) work intermittently at best. At times I can press the buttons
repeatedly and one will trigger some action, but most times nothing happens.

All of the functions represented by the front panel buttons work from the
remote control. The green light indicating "ON" works fine.

Anyone have any idea what the television needs? It is nearly 4 years old,
purchased Feb 2003, and I would like to repair it if possible.

Anyone experience this problem and fix it or have it fixed? I don't know
what to expect for a repair bill, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Kip" wrote in message
I have a Mitsubishi WS48311 48" widescreen TV that operates fine with the
exception of the switch panel on the front of the TV.

The functions of the switch panel (power, volume, channel, enter, menu,
input) work intermittently at best. At times I can press the buttons
repeatedly and one will trigger some action, but most times nothing
happens.

All of the functions represented by the front panel buttons work from the
remote control. The green light indicating "ON" works fine.

Anyone have any idea what the television needs? It is nearly 4 years old,
purchased Feb 2003, and I would like to repair it if possible.

Anyone experience this problem and fix it or have it fixed? I don't know
what to expect for a repair bill, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and help.

Some Mitsubishi sets have a front panel disable feature that you will find
in the menus.

Leonard

It has removed 22041 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Several things cause this type of problem.

The switches and or the circuit board may have been damaged from when
cleaning the screen, some cleaner was allowed to drip down below the CRT
mask on to the board. In this case the complete circuit board will have to
be most likely replaced.

One of the switches may be defective, and holding to the on position. By
pressing hard, you may be lifting its contact momentarily.

There may be an intermittent on the board or with the connector socket or
harness, thus causing intermittent operation.

In any case, you will have to have the set serviced if you want to have it
working properly again.

--

JANA
_____