Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kip Kip is offline

Default Mitsubishi WS48311 Television 1080i - Front panel buttons do not work, or work intermittently

I have a Mitsubishi WS48311 48" widescreen TV that operates fine with the
exception of the switch panel on the front of the TV.

The functions of the switch panel (power, volume, channel, enter, menu,
input) work intermittently at best. At times I can press the buttons
repeatedly and one will trigger some action, but most times nothing happens.

All of the functions represented by the front panel buttons work from the
remote control. The green light indicating "ON" works fine.

Anyone have any idea what the television needs? It is nearly 4 years old,
purchased Feb 2003, and I would like to repair it if possible.

Anyone experience this problem and fix it or have it fixed? I don't know
what to expect for a repair bill, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and help.