Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

I just pick what I think is the lesser of the two
evils. .

You usually lose your bets, eh?
Must be boring.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

He must of used the term "G%^d D$%n" 50 times.

Sort of like Nixon, Ronnie Raygun, Bush-I, Bush-II ....

What an inspired Statesman!!
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

There is a SERIOUS catastrophe at hand down there, getting up on radio,
cursing, blaming, and losing control, is not helping anyone.

You ever see or hear the shrubbie on one of his "WMD" rants?
Or Rumsfeld, Rice, Cheney, etc.?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

Three hours
round trip I estimate it took him, three hours that WOULD of been very well
used in some form of leadership.

Not even long enough for a decent vacation.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

I feel sorry for the people in general.

Well, a great many of them voted for him it seems.
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

This man does not have the
leadership to work as shift manager at McDonalds yet alone run one of our
great cities.

Much less look for "WMDs".
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:04:25 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

The mayor's speech was way
out of line and far from any slip-up.

Perhaps he just needs a prompter in his hidden backpack with
Karl Rove & some expensive speechwriters on the other end.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:04:25 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

No blame here, I refused to vote last election, as not one candidate
deserved it.

Well, the one guy was well educated, a real war hero, very
well respected worldwide with lots of experience. And once had
the courage of his convictions (and might still have had it).
--
Cliff
Cliff

On 3 Sep 2005 19:19:17 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

He's upset because he knows that his career is over.

Well, there's no city left .....
Being a bit upset about it seems reasonable to me.

BTW, How were they to see your post?
--
Cliff
John R. Carroll

"Chris" wrote in message

"Graphic Queen" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"Graphic Queen" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:44:10 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 02:06:54 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"RJ" wrote in message
news:mgcih1tmimk7r2kbdufps3qokqe5mtr6uu@4ax. com...
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:16:57 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"Don Gabacho" wrote in message
news:1125678908.962850.101960@z14g2000cwz. googlegroups.com...
"I think no-one envisaged that it wold be this bad,..."

If anyone heard the NO mayor cursing up a storm on a radio interview

the
other day, it is clear were a good part of the problem lies. Sounded
more
like a street thug, than a Mayor. One quote I remember "We need to

stop
givin G@# D@# interviews, and solve the G&*# D#% problem at hand".

Or a President. I thought much the same when I saw this.

As one might expect, much of Bush's work for his father's presidential
campaigns was done behind the scenes. Yet it's clear he was steeped in
political minutiae and imposed few limits on what he was willing to do to
get the job done. In 1986, veteran reporter Al Hunt predicted that Jack Kemp
would receive the 1988 Republican presidential nomination instead of George
H.W. Bush. When George W. saw Hunt dining with his wife and 4-year-old son
at a Mexican restaurant in Dallas, he went up to their table and said, "You
****ing son of bitch. I won't forget what you said and you're going to pay a
****ing price for it." Bush didn't apologize until 13 years later, when the
incident resurfaced in the context of his own presidential campaign.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Cliff

On 3 Sep 2005 19:19:17 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

It has been well known for a long time that the city lacked an effective
evacuation plan.

Name two cities that do. That has been well tested.
Think you could evacuate Chicago in one or two days?
They actually seem to have done rather well, considering.
--
Cliff
Pete C.

Graphic Queen wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:49:13 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

I just pick what I think is the lesser of the two
evils. .

You usually lose your bets, eh?
Must be boring.

Not to mention that we are the big mess in this country because people
keep picking the lesser of two evils instead of looking elsewhere.

There's "elsewhere"???

I try to pick the lesser of all of the evils we have to choose from. I
haven't seen a single viable supportable option in a long time.

Pete C.
Chris

"Graphic Queen" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:01:36 -0700, Pope Secola VI
wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Graphic Queen wrote:

snipped

I blame Bush for not IMMEDIATELY going back to the Whitehouse when he
knew of the hurricane and knew how bad it was going to be. He was too
****in' worried about bhis damn vacation and making speeches to his
Bush bots out there.

What exactly do you think the would have been able to do by going back
to the White house that he would not have been able to do while
remaining at his house? Are you ignorant enough to think that he has any
less access to communications from his place in TX than from the White
house?

Pete C.

Save your breath Graphic Queen is a complete moron who thinks she thinks.

hahahahahaha Spoken from one of the biggest ignorant poster here.

I remember as a youngster getting mad at my little sister. I put a note on
her bedroom door calling her a "stuopid little girl". To this day I have
always remembered, when insulting intelligence (or ignorance), always check
your grammar and spelling.
:O

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman

Chris

"Pete C." wrote in message
Graphic Queen wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:49:13 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:56:05 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

I just pick what I think is the lesser of the two
evils. .

You usually lose your bets, eh?
Must be boring.

Not to mention that we are the big mess in this country because people
keep picking the lesser of two evils instead of looking elsewhere.

There's "elsewhere"???

I try to pick the lesser of all of the evils we have to choose from. I
haven't seen a single viable supportable option in a long time.

Pete C.

There was that guy who dropped out of the running of president, than entered
again. What was his name. LOL

I think roughly 30% of the American population could do a better job than
most of the public office holders we have now. Problem is these 30% are
smart enough not to run.

Next election we should just allow prisoners run for office.

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.

Lets Roll

"Pete C." wrote in message
Graphic Queen wrote:

snipped

I blame Bush for not IMMEDIATELY going back to the Whitehouse when he
knew of the hurricane and knew how bad it was going to be. He was too
****in' worried about bhis damn vacation and making speeches to his
Bush bots out there.

What exactly do you think the would have been able to do by going back
to the White house that he would not have been able to do while
remaining at his house? Are you ignorant enough to think that he has any
less access to communications from his place in TX than from the White
house?

Pete C.

Why even bother having a Whitehouse or a Capitol Building if the little
tyrants can run things from their private homes? Especially Boosh. The
majority of foreign dignitaries that visit have paid their visit to the
Crawford Whitehouse. It would save a whole heap of tax payer dollars if we
didn't have to maintain the DC mansion for the aristocracy's residence.
Absent the residency, it could even satisfy some capitalists greed by being
converted into a museum or something, open for tours for a fee.

Pete C.

Graphic Queen wrote:

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 21:26:16 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
Graphic Queen wrote:

[...]

Not smarts...MONEY is what it takes.

Um, no. Doesn't matter how much money you have when you realize what a
sucky job it ultimately is. I certainly would not run for much of any
office, even if I had billions of dollars worth of backing.

Pete C.
RAM^3

"Pete C." wrote in message

Um, no. Doesn't matter how much money you have when you realize what a
sucky job it ultimately is. I certainly would not run for much of any
office, even if I had billions of dollars worth of backing.

Pete C.

The REAL money is to mount an unsuccesfull campaign: all campaign
contributions not spent on the campaign can be left in the "campaign fund"
as an IRA.

The "secret" is to collect a lot of contributions and, then, not use them.

D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:n0ikh19vj1ov9b89hmg77mjn1mvlokvrnt@
4ax.com:

Name two cities that do. That has been well tested.
Think you could evacuate Chicago in one or two days?
They actually seem to have done rather well, considering.

Sure they did. Providing you weren't poor or elderly or infirm, or lacked
your own way out.

Hey shouldn't you be staked out on moveon.org? Chief Justice Rehnquist died
today. How will you know what to think hanging around on the usenet? Soros
should issue some talking points soon so you can start spamming the usenet
with his wisdom.

--

Dan

Gunner Asch

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:42:52 -0500, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

No more lies. No more photo ops. No more backslapping. In the wake of the
worst natural disaster in our history, we see the fruits of the failed Iraq War and
the casualness and apathy this administration has had for five years now. The
priorities of this administration have never been the American people, never.

The man who ran on Christian values and morals has now been proved to be
completely devoid of them.

Which one..Kerry or Clinton?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:34:56 GMT, Graphic Queen
wrote:

Ahhh I am sure that you can remember when Cheny used "F" word in the
Senate right on the floor.

Sure do. Off the microphone and in private conversation, not on prime
time in front of a camera.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner Asch

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:48:09 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

John,
Good for you. Never thought of it in a non-emergency situation. Given the
$160 a pint going rate (guesstimate) that the RC is charging the hospitals
and the 100% markup (at least) that the hospitals out on it, I figure you
saved the insurance company $2880. You should send them a bill.

The RC would be the 14th highest profit margin company, if ranked along with
the Fortune 1000.

--
Chris

My son had a kidney removed when he was 15. We saved up 5 pints of his
blood, and the blood bank charged us a $250 handling fee per pint, and
the surgeons never did use any of it. We asked that it be put into the
blood donation program..but they had destroyed it by then.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Abrasha

Pope Secola VI wrote:

That's my attitude. **** you Democrats and the horse you rode in on. I
don't give a **** how many of you *******s die.

Hmmm,

Another "compassionate conservative". Is this a great country, or what?

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Chris

"RJ" wrote in message
news:mgcih1tmimk7r2kbdufps3qokqe5mtr6uu@4ax. com...
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:16:57 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"Don Gabacho" wrote in message
news:1125678908.962850.101960@z14g2000cwz. googlegroups.com...
"I think no-one envisaged that it wold be this bad,..."

The "breaking of the levees and the tens of thousands of deaths"
was
predicted precisely on NPR radio just days before Katerina made
landfall.

The prediction was NOT unique.

Bush, whose family owns a residence in the oil refining center of
Belle
Chase immeadiately alongside the river and levees, chose, in lieu
of
presiding over and mobilizing National Guard, all available
transportation outifts, Army Corps of Engineers, etc., he went to
Arizona to push "Social Security."

Um.... The democratic Governor is the one in charge of mobilizing
the
NG,
not the pres. That is sort of the reason for the NG.

Don't confuse him with facts.

RJ

Actually now that I read this again.

The NPR prediction is pretty impressive. How did they do it? Let me
see.....a cat 5 storm is about to hit a city that has levies designed
for
cat 3 storm. With such little information and only days before the
storm
hit, how did NPR make the prediction?

Maybe because they've been making that prediction for years? I made
the
same
prediction years ago, when I got out of Louisiana.

Or is this the new liberal way? When the local democrats fail, blame
Bush.

But you don't seem bothered that the Republicans like to blame
everything and anything on Clinton and the Democrats. Chris, you can
not have it both ways. Both parties suck and I am sick and tired of
hearing about how the Republicans are so far superior to the Democrats
because they are not. They aren't even conservative anymore and that
makes them assholes in my book.

If anyone heard the NO mayor cursing up a storm on a radio interview the
other day, it is clear were a good part of the problem lies. Sounded
more
like a street thug, than a Mayor. One quote I remember "We need to stop
givin G@# D@# interviews, and solve the G&*# D#% problem at hand".

Graphic,
You are correct, as both parties suck. Nothing could be further from the
truth that is for sure. I just pick what I think is the lesser of the two
evils. . If Clinton was being blamed for the LA Govenors lack of
response I would of corrected that as well.

He was at his wit's end Chris and people were dying like flies out
there. Give him a break.

There is some level of tolerance, but if you heard the interview....... I
guess this is were we separate the men from the boys. No type of leader
gets up on public radio and curses, uses foul language, and is generally
out
of control God forbid if any president got up on the radio and used
anywhere of 10% of the language he used. I heard it on TV and actually
had
to look at the screen to ensure myself that I was indeed listening to an
elected official. I honestly did think it was some kind of sick joke. A
normal speech translated into street thug. When things get rough, a
leaders
true ability shines through. He must of used the term "G%^d D$%n" 50
times.
I am sure that we will see him in front of the cameras on Sunday, going to
church.

Ahhh I am sure that you can remember when Cheny used "F" word in the
Senate right on the floor. And of course we all have seen the picture
of Bush giving the finger to people so please don't talk about leaders
not using bad language in public. I agree but it seems that it only
bothered you because it happened to be a Democrat doing it this time.
Is that true?

Neither one of these are acceptable in my mind. Than again I would classify
them as slip-ups. Happens to the best of them. The mayor's speech was way
out of line and far from any slip-up. Heck we all slip-up from time to
time, forgive and forget. I would suggest listening to the speech. It was
not a slip-up. Constant use of foul language, street talk, etc. Makes no
difference if he was a repub or demo, people who thrust themselves into
leadership postions should be more controlled and refined. Not wasting time
baching either party when there is true work to be done.

Listen to the speech, or try to find a transcript of it. The tone and the
grammer is something I would expect from a street thug, not a mayor of
either party. Makes you wonder how he even made it into politics. Than
again they all have false fronts.

There is a SERIOUS catastrophe at hand down there, getting up on radio,
cursing, blaming, and losing control, is not helping anyone. Three hours
round trip I estimate it took him, three hours that WOULD of been very
well
used in some form of leadership. Than again we seem to think these days
that blaming, is some form of leadership.

I feel sorry for the people in general. After listening to the interview,
some of that sorrow was taken away. Anyone who elected this man into
office, is definitely partially to blame. This man does not have the
leadership to work as shift manager at McDonalds yet alone run one of our
great cities.

And the way I think is anyone who voted for Bush is partially to blame
for all of the misery and destruction he has caused.

No blame here, I refused to vote last election, as not one candidate
deserved it.

But......getting back to the original, you cannot blame Bush for not calling
out the NG. That is the Governors duty. If you blame Bush, then why have
governors with the duty in the first place.

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.

Pope Secola VI

Sue wrote:
I snipped the above bull ****

IIRC the US sent military ships to the tsunami area.
Sue

Sue the ships got diverted and not sent. They were in the area, (making
a port of call in Hong Kong on their way to the Persian gulf if I
remember correctly. The left Hong Kong the day after the Tsunami hit
and steaming at best possible speed (around 25 knots) at 600 nautical
miles a day it took them 2 and a half days to get into the area.

The stores ship anchored at Guam left a day or so later but because of
its slower speed (16 knots) and a longer way to go it made it in about a
week. These ships were in the area relatively speaking and had crews
and stores on board so the could leave quickly. (well the ship in Guam
had to bunker up (load fuel) and put stores (food, water, mainly) and
then leave.

I don't know were people get this idea that response is going to be
instantaneous. Even in the active military it takes 48 hours to get a
movement under way.

You try and deploy the Guard (civilians with military training and
civilian jobs, families, sick kids, elderly grand parents, school
teachers trying to get ready for the new school year, key members on
vacation, (it was only a week to labor day, and you can take a week off
and get 12 days out of it), and a dozen other reasons for not being able
to move out)

Four days is about what I would have expected for a out of state guard
unit to get to the New Orleans area.

What makes me angry is these no brain arm chair experts that have never
been in this kind of a situation think that if they were president they
would just snap their fingers and it would all be done.

They just don't know it doesn't work that way.

besides , it makes political sense to wait a while , let a few more die
off , then there is less effort to be expended rescuing folk , cos there
is less to rescue AND , the folk that are rescued , they will love the
govt cos they seen what it can be like without them

--
There are in fact two things, Science and opinion,
the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.

Hippocrates
467-377 B.C.

pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Pope Secola VI wrote back
on Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:48:01 -0700 in misc.survivalism :

Four days is about what I would have expected for a out of state guard
unit to get to the New Orleans area.

What makes me angry is these no brain arm chair experts that have never
been in this kind of a situation think that if they were president they
would just snap their fingers and it would all be done.

They just don't know it doesn't work that way.

Shiites, I was just a GI Brat with the Air Force, and even I knew
nothing happens until the paperwork exceeded the gross takeoff weight of
the aircraft involved.

Fnord, I've watch the "ready" alert aircraft making a maximum effort
squadron launch, just as we arrived on base for school. (Okay, they were
tankers, probably launched to refuel the returning "strike" AC. But it
makes a better story this way.)

One of the great Legends of Strategic Command was the weekend shortly
after taking command, that Gen LeMay called an alert. One of those "launch
the birds and prep the missiles, and call me when you have done so" kind of
things. Some units didn't respond until Monday, and that was it, career
wise, for those officers. But of course, SAC was suppose to be on a war
footing as part of MAD.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Any entity big enough to meet your needs,
myal

Graphic Queen wrote:
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:04:25 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

snipped

Neither one of these are acceptable in my mind. Than again I would classify
them as slip-ups. Happens to the best of them. The mayor's speech was way
out of line and far from any slip-up. Heck we all slip-up from time to
time, forgive and forget. I would suggest listening to the speech. It was
not a slip-up. Constant use of foul language, street talk, etc. Makes no
difference if he was a repub or demo, people who thrust themselves into
leadership postions should be more controlled and refined. Not wasting time
baching either party when there is true work to be done.

I heard the whole speech when he made it. Thanks for offering though.
What Cheny said was not a slip-up at all. He meant it and he said he
did. The President giving the finger is not a slip-up either.

Chris, you may not realize it but you just made excuses for Bush and
Cheney but can't stand it when a Democrat did what he did.

Listen to the speech, or try to find a transcript of it. The tone and the
grammer is something I would expect from a street thug, not a mayor of
either party. Makes you wonder how he even made it into politics. Than
again they all have false fronts.

I heard the speech when he gave it. Why are you so worried about it?
Because he is a Democrat?

[...]

I voted but was not ignorant enough to vote for either party.

But......getting back to the original, you cannot blame Bush for not calling
out the NG. That is the Governors duty. If you blame Bush, then why have
governors with the duty in the first place.

I blame Bush for not IMMEDIATELY going back to the Whitehouse when he
knew of the hurricane and knew how bad it was going to be. He was too
****in' worried about bhis damn vacation and making speeches to his
Bush bots out there.

He was busy hiding from the circus happening at his fron gate actualy ,
kinda sad how a peace protest trying to save lives in Iraq terrified the
prez so much it delayed him from saving lives in NO...
myal

Graphic Queen wrote:

hahahahahaha Spoken from one of the biggest ignorant poster here.

DOnt you mean lughed fromthe biggest fattest lardassed poster here ?
dont sell yourself short you fat toad now .

"As always the most intelligent ones start cursing and name
calling.?.?.? "

Why don't you go jump in the lake---Lake Pnchatrain.

Dumb-ass **** head.

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:18:02 GMT, the blithe spirit Gunner
clearly indicated:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 03:23:13 GMT, "Tom Accuosti"
wrote:

"John Scheldroup" wrote in message

John has been into the Kickapoo Joy Juice all weekend long.

Plonk! Plonk! Fizz! Fizz! OH, what a relief it is!

-------------------------------
Iguana: The other green meat!
-------------------------------
Dave Hinz

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:27:15 -0400, Chris wrote:

"axolotl" wrote in message

I have a very good friend in the blood and guts business. But Google can
provide you the same numbers.

I have no doubt that this is what the highly inefficient Red Cross is
claiming. It is just that a number that they claim to be spending. Than
again a monopoly can say whatever they want, hospitals have no real choice.

You've obviously got your mind made up already, and won't be swayed by
facts. Whatever... enjoy living in whatever world you're in, and don't
let actual data have any risk of changing your mind, whatever you do.

"Um.... The democratic Governor is the one in charge of mobilizing the
NG, not the pres."

So, its Blanco's fault for not having ordered the NG to return from
Iraq.

Abrasha

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:03:27 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Hey John,
Any idea where I can get a Booya kettle?

Booya is Ghetto Speak for a sawed off shotgun.

Gunner

You clueless wonder!

The word Booya has several meanings:

* Booya is a simple meat stew that is cooked overnight, typically
in huge batches for public festivals.
* The Booya Tribe is a Samoan gangsta rap band. They also refer to
a "booya" as the noise made by a shotgun when it is fired.
* "Booya" is a catch-phrase (or, in this case, a catch-word)
popularized by the comic book superhero Cyborg and by Cosmo Kramer, a
character from the Seinfeld television sitcom. Christopher Letts, CNBC
Mad Money host James Cramer, SportsCenter news anchor Stuart Scott and
Ron Stoppable (from TV's Kim Possible, voiced by Will Friedle) have also
been known to use it.
* "Booya" is also commonly confused with the motivational chant
"HooHa" in the Marines.
* "Booyah" is a trademark for baits from the Booyah Bait Company.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

I would donate to the local New Orleans man, Skye who encouraged a
French tourist to take shelter in the Super Dome, saving the tourist's
life, who stayed with him inside until he watched the French guy being
told by National Guard to leave.

Cliff

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:30:51 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I was raised in Michigans UP

Since when is Grayling in the UP?
Are you map & geography impaired yet again?
I've been there.

[
You Know You're From Northern Michigan When...

The fishing opener is a BIG deal!

Competing against Moorhead and Bemidji in sports is scary.

You know exactly where people ar talking about when they say I-Falls
or DL.

You could name all the ___ Falls. (International Falls, Little Falls,
etc.)

Track season starts with indoor meets and the first three outdoor
meets are cancelled because it's just too cold.

All the rest of the schools in the state are cancelled because of the
snow or cold, but the buses are still running on time at home.

You know what radio station KB101 is all about and depend on them for
weather related announcements.

Most people drive a 4-wheel drive truck.

An ice-scraper is necessary equipment for traveling anywhere
September- April.

You've seen -50 temperatures more than once.

You spend your summer building deer stands.

Everyone in your school thinks that deer season should be considered a
national holiday.

People sit in deerstands for hours on end in -20 weather just for the
thrill of shooting a deer.

You get excited when you hear "Da Tirdy Point Buck" "Second Week of
Deer Camp" and "Da Fourdy Pound Croppie" on the radio.

Everybody gets together in the spring and goes mudding.

Your hometown has more gas stations than stores in the mall(if there
even is a mall).

A boy wearing tight jeans, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat can be
considered hot.

You have more than one wild-life animal mounted in your home.

Pets are indefinately kept outside.

You hail Perkins as the all-mighty hangout place.

You can walk into Perkins and know every high schooler in there.

The people in the town consider hockey players bigger heros that
football players.

Baseball players need a hat and mittens when the season starts.

Going to "The Cities" is a big deal.

Shopping MUST be done out-of-town.

Your house runs on the heat of a wood stove.

You have gotten your tounge stuck on something metal.

You can name half of the "10,000 Lakes".

You depend on Target for your every need.

You feed the wild-life that lives in your yard.

You either have a cabin or stay at someone else's.

You own a snowmobile, 4-wheeler, and a jet-ski to cover all
conditions.

The only "gym" there is to work out at is the one at the local high
school.

They grow the girls big in your hometown.

Industrial Tech classes have more students than the art and music
classes combined.

Your car is always dirty from driving on all the dirt roads.

It takes 2 hours to get to anywhere worth going.

The only thing to do on a Friday or Saturday night is to have a
bonfire or rent movies with friends.

You've been out-hunted by a girl hunter.

You don't call a foot of snow falling overnight a state of emergency;
you call it Wednesday.

You have combination bait, tackle and gift shops.

You drink beer brewed in Canada.

The majority of the parties you've attended in your life had one
corner of the room set aside for people playing euchre.

People walk into banks wearing ski masks, and no one gets excited.

You can tell a person is a 'fudge' regardless of whether they have
fudge in their possion.

Sitting for hours on a frozen lake in front of a hole in the ice is an
activity you look forward to for months.

On your weekend trips on I-75, both Friday on the way out and Sunday
on the way back, you're in the fast moving lane, looking across the
median at the bumper-to-bumper crawl.

You're fiercely loyal about your particular make of snowmobile.

Your wife has shot a buck.

You regularly drive on roads that have never been paved, and probably
never will be.

You know every person you graduated from high school with.

You go to restaurants named after the person who is actually cooking
the food.

You've helped push the vehicle of someone you've never met before out
of a snowbank.

Your town has a curfew whistle.

When you think of a 'pasty,' you think of something to eat, not
something a stripper would wear.

You have seven right-handed gloves

You tap-tap your feet to knock of the snow before you get into your
car

You're from the U.P.

You see the annual snowbird migration to the south

You put cherries in everything you eat

You wear four different-size jeans throughout the year

You can get to another town through the woods

You put plastic on your windows

You have a DUI or two

Anyone from below M-72 is from "the south"

You take your hooded parka everywhere - just in case

You have long underwear in three or more colors

You work your own hours, eat venison and fish regularly

You drive to Grand Rapids to catch a plane because it's half the price

Tourists make you late all summer but snow doesn't slow you down at
all

Every restaurant menu: steak & whitefish, steak & whitefish, steak &
whitefish...

You can greet every store or gas station counterperson by their first
name

You keep a broom in your car to clear your windows.

It's completely understandable to have an umbrella, snow shovel and
swimsuit in your vehicle all on the same day.

You don't get a glass for your beer.

Da Yoopers are your wedding band.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from
Northern Michigan.
]
--
Cliff
John Scheldroup

wrote:

I was raised in Michigans UP

Since when is Grayling in the UP?
Are you map & geography impaired yet again?
I've been there.

[

You drink beer brewed in Canada.

Finlanders buy Canadian beer, unlikely.

Finlander UP Joke:

"Speaking of those steam baths, did you hear that story they tell of the Finnish G.I.
who was captured by some cannibals in the Philippines? They put him in a big pot to
boil and left him there about six hours. Then the cannibal chief lifts up the cover, and
the Finn sticks out his head and says, "What blace is de switches and towel?"

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from
Northern Michigan.
]
--
Cliff

John

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

I was raised in Hancock/Larium/Eagle Harbor, until the tender age of
9-10, then the family moved to Grayling via a number of other places
as Dad was a gypsy road/harbor builder. We settled in Grayling, Dad
bought and ran a jewelry store for nearly 30 yrs, and I graduated from
highschool there. And of course, spent many of my summers in the UP
on the family properties. I left for the military..and have seldom
been back, having lived and worked in 39 states and 5 countries since
then. Ive lived in my current town since 1983.