Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FedEx is slower than the Pony Express

So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The package started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged 10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2021 9:28 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away.Â* The
package started its journey 128 hours ago.Â* I still have not received
the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx
system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

That also depends on where the package is coming and going too. Winter
storms have created havoc with package delivery.

OTOH, I got one delivered Thursday overnight from 1400 miles away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The package started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged 10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Seems to me that sometimes something gets balled up in the system. I
have had 2 day USPS package get hung up and taken almost a month go get
here. The package acording to the tracking almost made it , got with in
about 40 miles , then sent to another state, then back again, each time
taking about a week before moving on to the next distribution place. It
started out about 4 states away on the east coast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 15, 2021 at 9:28:49 AM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The package started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged 10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

The Pony Express didn't deliver packages. Wells Fargo would be
a better comparison. Plus, we have that song from The Music Man.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/21 9:28 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away.Â* The
package started its journey 128 hours ago.Â* I still have not received
the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx
system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

*And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?*

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Not necessarily. "FedEx" is more a company name, with 3 distinct
services: FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Freight®

Posted to alt.home.repair

Grumpy Old White Guy wrote

So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The package
started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received the package.

Definitely time to slash your wrists or shoot yourself.

Do so forthwith, no please, thats an order.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx system
at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.
https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

Then you should have used it.

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Wouldnt be the first time some operation lied, stupid.

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

See my first para.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/21 9:28 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away.Â* The
package started its journey 128 hours ago.Â* I still have not received
the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx
system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Mebbe so...but a FedEx delivery won't leave any horse poop in your lawn
or driveway

--
I hate it when people act all intellectual and stuff...talking about
Mozart and Beethoven when theyve never even seen one of their paintings
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 03:22:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:27:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/15/2021 9:28 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away.* The
package started its journey 128 hours ago.* I still have not received
the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx
system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

That also depends on where the package is coming and going too. Winter
storms have created havoc with package delivery.

OTOH, I got one delivered Thursday overnight from 1400 miles away.

My ColoGuard sample made it to Wisconsin from Mississippi in about 11
hours. That's fast enough for me, and no horses were abused.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:28:25 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

USPS? That's just DeJoy streamlining the system.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:55:27 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:28:25 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Isn't he Biden's man now?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2021 08:28 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Seems to me that sometimes something gets balled up in the system. I
have had 2 day USPS package get hung up and taken almost a month go get
here. The package acording to the tracking almost made it , got with in
about 40 miles , then sent to another state, then back again, each time
taking about a week before moving on to the next distribution place. It
started out about 4 states away on the east coast.

I had one where the tracking said something like

Left Billings 09:37
Arrived Billings 09:51

I guess the bird didn't want to fly that day. They did manage to fix it
and I had my package by 19:00.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2021 10:27 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/15/21 9:28 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The
package started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received
the package.

At little math reveals that the package is moving through the FedEx
system at about 3.9 MPH.

Ironically, a bing search revealed that even the Pony Express averaged
10MPH...using horses.

https://stories.wf.com/pony-express-...fast-fearless/

And doesn't the "Ex" in FedEx stand for express?

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Mebbe so...but a FedEx delivery won't leave any horse poop in your lawn
or driveway

It would just blend in with the deer ****. That's my spring lawn care --
spreading out Bambi's winter output. I don't even need a chain harrow; a
common rake will do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:28:25 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

No, of course not. He was appointed during the Trump administration, but
Biden has nominated 3 people to the board that could one day remove DeJoy.
Hopefully, that happens sooner rather than later.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 19:49:46 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

It would just blend in with the deer ****. That's my spring lawn care --
spreading out Bambi's winter output. I don't even need a chain harrow; a
common rake will do.

God! You are one endlessly blabbering, driveling, gossiping senile twerp!
tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 12:38:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:07:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/15/2021 6:02 PM, wrote:

Congratulations FedEx, you're now slower than the post office!

Seems to me that sometimes something gets balled up in the system. I
have had 2 day USPS package get hung up and taken almost a month go get
here. The package acording to the tracking almost made it , got with in
about 40 miles , then sent to another state, then back again, each time
taking about a week before moving on to the next distribution place. It
started out about 4 states away on the east coast.

USPS? That's just DeJoy streamlining the system.

Isn't he Biden's man now?

Hope he can dump him but it is not easy. He may have a few good ideas
but eliminating first class mail
is not one of them.

I never heard him say he was eliminating 1st class mail but sizing the
infrastructure down to the demand isn't a bad idea.
1st class mail peaked in 2000 at 103,526M pieces.
Last year it was 52,624M and declining.

Source
HISTORIAN
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
FEBRUARY 2021

I am sure the union disagrees.

I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky for
people who get their meds by mail.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky for
people who get their meds by mail.

Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:05:44 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky for
people who get their meds by mail.

Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...

Heh. Good one.

My husband still insists on getting Netflix DVDs. I'd be happy to just
stream stuff.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2021 11:24 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

My understandign is the USPS is loosing money every year. My thoughts
would be to reduce the routs as the postal people retire. Double up on
the routes by having one person run say route 1 on Monday, Wed, Fri one
week and route 2 on Tue, Thur and maybe Saturday or eliminate Saturday
mail. Then do the opposite on the next week. An extra day or two will
not make much if any delivery on the mail to homes. Even the
medications by mail should not be that closely time related.

Most anything time important is going out by email, text, or a phone
call now that most long distance is 'free service' with many phone
systems.

Yes, they lose because Congress diddles with them. They have to prepay
huge sums of pension money and were not allowed one of the requested
rate increases.

There has been suggestions to eliminate one day a week delivery but that
has not been allowed either. I could live with 5 days a week easily.

DeJoy mostly just effed up deliveries for the voting and caused a lot of
backups in the various offices around the country. I'd also gladly pay
another dime or so to mail a letter.

The USPS performs some services none of the commercial entities do. You
can no longer mail your kids but they handle live animals every day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Not really, just order a bit earlier.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky
for
people who get their meds by mail.

Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...

Dinosaur stuff. Streaming leaves it for dead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky
for
people who get their meds by mail.

Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...

Heh. Good one.

My husband still insists on getting Netflix DVDs. I'd be happy to just
stream stuff.

Yeah, he is a real dinosaur. You need to trade him in on a new toy boy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 12:06:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/16/2021 11:24 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

My understandign is the USPS is loosing money every year. My thoughts
would be to reduce the routs as the postal people retire. Double up on
the routes by having one person run say route 1 on Monday, Wed, Fri one
week and route 2 on Tue, Thur and maybe Saturday or eliminate Saturday
mail. Then do the opposite on the next week. An extra day or two will
not make much if any delivery on the mail to homes. Even the
medications by mail should not be that closely time related.

Most anything time important is going out by email, text, or a phone
call now that most long distance is 'free service' with many phone
systems.

Yes, they lose because Congress diddles with them. They have to prepay
huge sums of pension money and were not allowed one of the requested
rate increases.

That gets back to that union that coerced a pension plan that congress
approved but never properly funded. It was the classic DC "Kick the
can down the road". I agree the biggest single problem for the post
office is their unfunded pension plan but that is true of virtually
all government pension plans. It is why our big cities are broke.

Government unions are in the unique position of being able to
negotiate from both sides of the table. They have the political power
to choose the politicians they have to negotiate with and on things
like pensions, that politician will not be around when the time bomb
they create, goes off.

There has been suggestions to eliminate one day a week delivery but that
has not been allowed either. I could live with 5 days a week easily.

DeJoy mostly just effed up deliveries for the voting and caused a lot of
backups in the various offices around the country. I'd also gladly pay
another dime or so to mail a letter.

The USPS performs some services none of the commercial entities do. You
can no longer mail your kids but they handle live animals every day.

More FUD
There is zero evidence that mail problems did anything to affect the
election.
I was not aware people ever "mailed" their kids but I assume that is
even less that putting them on Allegiant and probably safer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:18 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 03:18:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:18 in Australia, you senile trolling swine? So you WILL be up and
trolling ALL NIGHT, ALL MORNING and ALL DAY LONG, yet again, you clinically
insane cretinous senile pest!

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 03:36:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, he is a real dinosaur.

Listen, senile asshole: it's YOU who is the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin here!

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky
for
people who get their meds by mail.
Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...

Heh. Good one.

My husband still insists on getting Netflix DVDs. I'd be happy to just
stream stuff.

Yeah, he is a real dinosaur. You need to trade him in on a new toy boy.

They don't make them like him anymore. I don't want some useless prettyboy.
I want a guy who can build, shoot, cook, and make me laugh.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Retirednoguilt wrote

As you said, the USPS is Constitutionally mandated, just as the Army
and the Navy are Constitutionally mandated (Article 1, Section 8).

In fact a standing army is forbidden but that ban is ignored.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 05:46:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

In fact a standing army is forbidden but that ban is ignored.

In fact, it's not forbidden at all, you demented senile sociopath from Oz!

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:53:42 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

No ****! They 'moved' it fast because they didn't like the smell. 8)

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 13:10:01 -0400, Retirednoguilt posted for all of us to
digest...

I suggest abolishing 100% of private funding for
Congressional campaigns. Make it a felony!

I agree

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 14:19:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

As for the kids
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ail-180959372/

I thought I saw this on the Andy Griffith Show, glued stamps to the forehead,
maybe Leave It to Beaver. IDK

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2021 7:52 PM, wrote:

First class mail is a declining industry. We do not need to make the
infrastructure bigger. We should make is smarter.
Rates could use an increase too but Congress capped postal rate
increases.
Adjusted for inflation it is still a bargain.
In 1975 when air mail became the standard a 1st class stamp was 13
cents and that would be 64 cents right now. We pay 55 and that stamp
will always mail a letter no matter what happens to rates. I am still
using stamps I paid 49 cents for and I may still have some 45 cent
ones if I dig around a little.
As a historical note a 1st class stamp was 6 cents in 1863 when the
post office as we know it started. Adjust that for inflation and you
are up around a Fed X envelope.

It is declining but still very important. Rather than slow things down,
pay a fair price. Not just first class but the junk stuff too.

I use one or two stamps a week. What I send often travels 1200 to 1500
miles. Double the price and it is still a decent price for what you get.

Another factor is packages. Trump is jealous of Jeff Bezos because he
is worth more than Trump. Therefore he went after him by making false
claims. Another reason he brought it DeJoy to ruins the Postal Service

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...osing-fortune/

Package delivery, however, was one of the few bright spots in its latest
financial statement. In 2017, parcels brought in $19.5 billion, or 28
percent of USPS annual revenue. At $2.1 billion, packages contributed
the largest revenue increase.

While we dont know the deal USPS crafted with Amazon, we know its not
losing money. A 2006 law codified profitability into law, and an
independent regulatory commission that reviews their deals annually gave
it a green light on March 29.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 3/16/2021 7:52 PM, wrote:

[...]

Fark, I dont use 1 a year.

What I send often travels 1200 to 1500 miles.

None of the ones I send do.

Double the price and it is still a decent price for what you get.

Yeah, outs is $1.10 now for a standard letter.

Another factor is packages. Trump is jealous of Jeff Bezos because he is
worth more than Trump. Therefore he went after him by making false
claims. Another reason he brought it DeJoy to ruins the Postal Service

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...osing-fortune/

Package delivery, however, was one of the few bright spots in its latest
financial statement. In 2017, parcels brought in $19.5 billion, or 28
percent of USPS annual revenue. At $2.1 billion, packages contributed the
largest revenue increase.

Yeah, ours is booming too and most stuff arrives that way.

While we dont know the deal USPS crafted with Amazon, we know its not
losing money. A 2006 law codified profitability into law, and an
independent regulatory commission that reviews their deals annually gave
it a green light on March 29.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/16/2021 04:33 AM, wrote:
I'd be fine with five (or three) deliveries per week. Could be tricky for
people who get their meds by mail.

Just as long as the flow of Netflix DVD's isn't interrupted...

Heh. Good one.

My husband still insists on getting Netflix DVDs. I'd be happy to just
stream stuff.

When you have a 15GB / month data cap... I do stream some Amazon stuff
but I have to be careful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:28:26 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/16/2021 7:52 PM, wrote:

[...]

I agree package service is a money maker for the USPS but they are not
artificially constrained from raising package rates to reflect actual
cost. hat os only 1st class. I agree if it takes another dime a letter
to put 1st class back in the black, do it but they still have that
unfunded pension liability problem.

Fed X does not have that issue. PBGC assures that Fed X funded their
pension plan and now they really don't have one for anyone hired in
about a dozen years so that is not really a drain on their budget.

UPS is tied to the Teamsters fund that has been robbed and the
Democrats just threw $8B at it in this last spending bill.