Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Irurra Deign and the Pony Express

It only took 9 months, but I finally got the Iturra "catalog," which
consists of 4 double-sided sheets of paper. ok.

They do seem to have some cool parts at decent prices.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in -
september.org:

It only took 9 months, but I finally got the Iturra "catalog," which
consists of 4 double-sided sheets of paper. ok.

They do seem to have some cool parts at decent prices.

Yeah same here. It says that if you place an order they will send you the
fancy catalog.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/11/2010 1:50 AM, Steve wrote:
wrote in -
september.org:

It only took 9 months, but I finally got the Iturra "catalog," which
consists of 4 double-sided sheets of paper. ok.

They do seem to have some cool parts at decent prices.

Yeah same here. It says that if you place an order they will send you the
fancy catalog.

Sign of the times. I can understand the financial reasons behind not
sending out the old catalog in today's economic climate. The "fancy"
catalog could almost be sold for the information it contains, and it's
not like a band saw is a hot selling consumer item, so business is
probably slow.

In addition, Iturra appear to be Luddites as far as technology is
concerned and don't even have a website last time I looked.

Perhaps someone should offer/propose to them to make the full catalog
available as a pdf on a website as a public service ... it couldn't hurt
business, unless they don't want anymore than they have.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

In addition, Iturra appear to be Luddites as far as technology is
concerned and don't even have a website last time I looked.

Speaking of Luddites...

I was cleaning out some old files yesterday and found some old catalogs of
some business products. These are in the catagory of organizers, etc.,
simple stuff used for many years by business folks to organize their
activities and days, etc. I check on the web and find that these folks never
grasped the concept of the internet. I found lots of referene on the web of
folks lamenting their demise. The demand was there and they couldn't figure
out how to exist in a changing world. I may be getting older, but I am not
going to reject technology.

I do reserve the right to bitch and complain though. Somebody has to play
the curmudgeon role.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/11/10 8:25 AM, Swingman wrote:
Perhaps someone should offer/propose to them to make the full catalog
available as a pdf on a website as a public service ... it couldn't hurt
business, unless they don't want anymore than they have.

According to this leaflet, that's exactly what they have planned.

est launch date: 2020 :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

American Express Ed Huntress Metalworking 9 August 4th 08 08:07 PM
pony clamp question tr Woodworking 3 November 27th 06 01:09 AM
RPC pony motor getting hot? Jim Wilson Metalworking 7 February 24th 06 06:56 AM
RPC pony motor getting hot? Jim Wilson Metalworking 10 January 22nd 06 03:47 PM