Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 01:37:49 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 4, 2021 at 4:02:19 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
On Mar 3, 2021 at 5:26:13 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I'm happy with a single copy! ;-)

Most of the time it is fine... but good to be able to quickly find things you
copied a bit ago. I have more clipboards than I can imagine using: 200. That
is their default and to change it you have to pay a few bucks for the "Pro"
version. Not worth it to me.

If you care, this is what I use: https://copyless.net

Or at the App Sto https://apps.apple.com/app/id993841014

All it would add is syncing between computers and changing the 200 up or down.

Thanks for the tip!

The main thing I use it for is just having a searchable list of things I have
copied through the day. Useful in many situations.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

haha! :-D I've done that too!

I think it is a very human thing to do. It is odd, though, in that at least
for me part of my brain seems to know to NOT hit the send button but the
muscle memory is already doing it almost on auto-pilot.

Some things in life cannot be undone. Posting a letter, you can't get it back out.

Trouble with computers is a lot of things have "edit undo". If only real life had that, we could have so much fun.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 23:02:19 -0000, David Brooks wrote:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

The worst thing to do is to send something to the wrong person, for example if you have two friends with the same first name, you type that first name then click the wrong one, and send something kinky to the other one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 02:21:57 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/04/2021 11:35 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:46:34 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas. A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police. I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

I came back from a hike, got on my dirt bike, and headed for home. A cop
had a bunch of kids on dirt bikes pulled over and stopped me. To his
credit one of the kids spoke up and said 'He's not with us. The bike has
been parked at the trail head all afternoon.'

There weren't many houses around but someone must have ratted them out.

Why the **** did that kid do that? If I was you I'd find out who he is
and return the favour.

???? Because the kid was honest? They'd been raising hell on their dirt
bikes when somebody called the cops. He was telling the cop I wasn't
part of the hell raising and the bike was parked at the time.

If I was hell raising I wouldn't be an honest person.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 20:33:42 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 5, 2021 at 12:24:59 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:19:11 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 4, 2021 at 11:40:48 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I would never even bother trying that. As you said, how do I remember what I put where? It would only be any use if I was copying nad pasting a few different things for the same task, then I might remember. But it doesn't solve the problem of the copy key ignoring me, so I paste something else into the conversation. And if it's a live chat, you can't take it back!

I generally just do it the "normal" way but there have been some cases I want
to be pasting multiple things in multiple areas... but even then I use the
mouse to drag and drop from the clip board manager more than the hot keys.

Unless you have multiple screens or a very large screen, dragging and dropping is very difficult.

I have an iMac (smaller screen type, but still bigger than a notebook) and a
second screen attached. Even then drag and drop is usually easy.

The app is set to go away after a drag -- wish there was a pin icon to have it
stay. Sorta silly there is not given how the icon for the app itself is a
pushpin! But on the rare times I need that I just go to the settings and
change it, then change it back. I should send a suggestion to the author.

This is why I hated the older macs (I think they fixed it now) - if I wanted to copy or move a file from one folder to another, I had to have both on the screen at once, clumsily arranging them. In windows I just used CTRL-C to copy it, went to the destination, then pasted it.

I never had an issue with the old behavior but am happy they added the new as
an option.

Consider a normal Mac - no second screen, no huge screen. You have a folder open with some files in it and want to copy some somewhere else. With the old method you had to try to fit both folders on the same screen. Pure insanity.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

Probably html or ASCII or the like. It's amazing that even the space character causes problems, getting converted to %20 etc. 50 different standards for spacing and carriage returns, it's a bloody mess.

Yup.

You know what really ****es me off? I like to leave two spaces between sentences, it makes it easier to read. Some web forums (about 50% of them) delete a double space, due to a technical problem or oversight.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 02:30:48 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/04/2021 11:37 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:41:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet
and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit",
but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the
priest.

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase? Modern
education is grand. Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper
took at least two years of Latin at my high school. We would argue over
the pronunciation with the kids from Catholic High.

Why is America still teaching Latin? It's not used in everyday society.

It still is a bit by professional roman catholics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 04:08:17 -0000, Bob F wrote:

On 3/5/2021 11:30 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 22:19:18 -0000, Bob F wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:07:00 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 02:36 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 21/02/2021 09:01, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 21/02/2021 01:47, rbowman wrote:
On 02/20/2021 11:44 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:28:28 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/20/2021 01:58 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 19:03, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 18:39, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for
organ
donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead,
you
don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on
paperwork?
Why murder someone after your death who could have been
saved by
your
body parts? And no I dont care if you have some crazy
religion.

not just thinking

https://www.organdonationscotland.or...caAp6cEALw_wcB

speaking as someone who has the liver of a 20 odd year old boy
racer if
they don't want to live I do ......

Motorcycle riders are sometimes called organ donors but anybody
waiting
for my spare parts has had a hell of a long wait.

You know what ****es me off? A car in a legally unroadworthy state
cannot drive on the road without you getting in trouble, but it's
still
10 times safer than a motorbike.

Would it ramp your ire up a notch if I told you in this state
motorcycles don't need insurance? That registration is a one time
affair? You buy the bike and register it and the plates are good for
as long as you own it. I think that went into effect in 2000 so that
last time I forked over money to the state for my '98 Harley was 21
years ago.
cool..just like my lecy scooter in the UK
Only you don't even have to register it....

They haven't figured out what to do with those here. I think the one
wheel electric skateboards are banned in the city but hoverboards and
other configurations are a grey area.. eBikes are banned on some of the
trails. Full sized electric motorcycles like the Zero are treated as
other motorcycles.

Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas.. A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police. I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

[1] I know how heavy they are as I saw one later pushing one up a hill
that had broken down.

I once happened upon a Parks ranger in the Olympic Mountains walking
down the trail as I was going up. He had the front wheel of a motorcycle
tied to his pack. I asked him what he had the wheel for, and he told me
that he had happened upon someone on a dirt bike on the trail, which is
closed to motorized vehicles.

Think they got the message?

What a ******, ruining the fun of others. If I was one of the riders
and caught up to him, I would have pushed him off a cliff.

Although I've done similar to someone else, who was doing something
that's actually wrong. I saw some folk out shooting deer at the top of
some hills. The landrover (a 4x4 if you're an American) was parked with
the keys still in it, facing a steep slope, so I placed it in neutral..
A slight lean on the back and a loud crash was heard a few minutes later
after I made my way down the path.

Just another trumptard murderer?

What have you got against right wing? Left wing = theft, stealing from the rich to give to the poor.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 05:55:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:45:08 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

I love hearing people speak of how things that are unclear are "pixelated" or
how they "deleted" something they thew out. Human thinking os weird.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:54:01 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

[...]

There were times. Now I do this often but do not use copy and paste but drag
and drop -- just open a separate tab in the Finder and navigate to where I
want to go. Then I go back to the first tab and drag to the second. Or if I am
doing it a lot I put the folder in the side bar (or toolbar, but usually side
bar).

In the old days you had to, gasp!, drag to a folder and hover for a bit -- it
would open and you could navigate that way. That way still works but I rarely
use it... though I sometimes drag to the tab, wait for it to open, and then
realize I wanted a sub folder so I combine the two.

[...]

The standard for typing was two spaces. The standard for computers is one.
Yeah, it can be annoying for us old folks.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 12:03:36 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 00:29:12 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 5, 2021 at 12:22:24 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

If you care, this is what I use: https://copyless.net

Or at the App Sto https://apps.apple.com/app/id993841014

All it would add is syncing between computers and changing the 200 up or down.

What I'd prefer is just the single copy key, but it keeps a history, so if I say "oh ****, I just overwrote the clipboard!" I can go back to a previous one.

The standard command+P to paste works fine and is what I generally use. Same
with C for copy.

Not if you command-C, get interrupted, command-C something else, then lose the first one. I've done that many times.

Yes. It works for times when I do that, not that I ever would being as perfect
as I am.

Except with a PC it's CTRL, which I remember my schoolfriend telling me it meant "computer tries to reload". This was in the days of the BBC 32KB computers.

I go back and forth with no real issue -- knowing to use control on Windows
and ChromeOS and Command on macOS. The few times I use a terminal on Linux or
Windows it always seems weird the "standard" copy and paste does not work. I
get why.

What doesn't work?

Terminals use things like Control+C to abort (terminate) a processes. You try
to copy and you literally kill whatever process (app) you are using! Some
processes will thankfully warn you and you do not lose everything, but the
concept is absurd. The UNIX way was first... then Apple used the Command key
(they used to call it the Open Apple key) and then Windows and later Linux
copied the Mac but did it in a way where they used the UNIX keys to do the
wrong thing. On Windows that is not quite so bad, but Linux is a UNIX clone.

Also do not like the weird hand calisthenics needed with Control,
though not a big deal.

I press the CTRL with my little finger, and the X/C/V with my first finger. I'd find CMD in the wrong place - next to spacebar isn't it? Too close.

I use my thumb for the Command key... and out of habit do so when on Windows
or Linux, so yeah, I likely am having the issue because I do it wrong. I also
am a CRAPPY typist... the "normal" way uses so many fingers!

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

On forums which allow editing, I get lazy and just send, then proofread and adjust it. Sometimes I make so many adjustments, and someone replies so quickly, that they reply to something I've no longer written, or miss out on more information I added.

I have done that.

How many have you been banned from?

A few on Facebook... groups that are supposed to be "debate" or "political"
groups -- but are run by right wingers. All it takes is posting links to fact
checking sites, or scientific sites, to get many right wingers angered.

I keep ****ing off the left wingers (and pro-vaxxers) in imgur. My score is now -220, which apparently is still "neutral".

I tend to fact check things people post. That irks some.

Speaking of being a crappy typists, I have no idea what error I made, but the
autocorrect changed "irks" to "girls". Um, what?

I've been silently censored on World Community Grid (one of those science projects). I could post and see my reply, but if I made a fake account and logged in, the posts were invisible. I found them out, sent a very rude email to the admins, and removed all my computers from their research. Censorship is wrong, end of story.

Sneaky of them to do it in a "silent" way.

Indeed. At least the cryptography project admin just said "I won't respond to such a rude question", and left the post there, despite me getting the Large Hadron Collider project admin to argue with him too. They're both getting more of my 90 CPU cores now that I banned WCG.

And, I've found 7 arithmetic progressions of primes! Don't ask me what that means. See if you can explain this like I'm five:
229634460420232057+216066175*23#*n for n=0..21

You found a really, really big number. There are not other numbers you can use
to multiple together to get that answer.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:45:53 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

I am too cheap to buy a package tracker that works on both my computer and my
phone so I have a free on on each. They do not communicate -- but that is OK,
I only want some on my phone anyway. For those ones I right click on the item
on the computer one and select "Send to Mail" and then mail to an address I
have listed as "Package Tracker". Sometimes I only type the "pa" and wait for
it to autofill. Well, if I have recently emailed someone which that is
relevant to I will create an email to that person showing my tracking stuff.
Usually catch it... except once. Now I try to be a bit more careful. Patrick
did not want to know when the inflatable sheep was getting to my house.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default ****, the Git, the Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE!

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:04:22 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I use my thumb

Yeah, make him happy, **** the Git, you senile cocksucker! BG
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:47:22 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman wrote:

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit",
but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the
priest.

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase? Modern
education is grand. Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper
took at least two years of Latin at my high school. We would argue over
the pronunciation with the kids from Catholic High.

Why is America still teaching Latin? It's not used in everyday society.

People DO still travel to Latin America!

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:48:17 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I love hearing people speak of how things that are unclear

HE loves it when you speak while you are sucking him off, toothless senile
****head!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 12:16:23 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

What a ******, ruining the fun of others. If I was one of the riders
and caught up to him, I would have pushed him off a cliff.

Although I've done similar to someone else, who was doing something
that's actually wrong. I saw some folk out shooting deer at the top of
some hills. The landrover (a 4x4 if you're an American) was parked with
the keys still in it, facing a steep slope, so I placed it in neutral.
A slight lean on the back and a loud crash was heard a few minutes later
after I made my way down the path.

Just another trumptard murderer?

What have you got against right wing? Left wing =3D theft, stealing from the rich to give to the poor.

The idea of the left is to STOP stealing from the poor and middle class to
give to the rich.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:51:02 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

There were times.

Was there EVER a time when you were NOT a sucker of troll cock, **** the
Git?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 03/06/2021 11:46 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

If I was hell raising I wouldn't be an honest person.

Fortunately we raise our kids better, at least in this neck of the woods.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 11:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 02:30:48 -0000, rbowman wrote:

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase? Modern
education is grand. Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper
took at least two years of Latin at my high school. We would argue over
the pronunciation with the kids from Catholic High.

Why is America still teaching Latin? It's not used in everyday society.

I doubt they do anymore. When I was in high school the theory was Latin
was the basis in part for many languages. The shop and business kids
took Spanish which would have been handier in later life.

The college entrance kids took two years of Latin and then a modern
European language, usually French for the arty types and German for the
STEM crew.

French was interesting. Due to the French Canadian influence some
students spoke Quebec French which had departed from continental French
in the 17th century. The teachers had mostly learned Parisian French.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Presumably the alg decided that since k and l are adjacent and adding g made
it a real world.

The iOS voice to text input is even weirder. It does keep track of
what you have said previously but does some really weird stuff
with what it initially gets right and then changes to some quite
different phrase later, and you can see the change sequence.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:22:29 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Fortunately we raise our kids better, at least in this neck of the woods.

So what did your parents do wrong that you became a ridiculous, endlessly
blathering and gossiping bigmouth, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:16:28 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

The idea of the left is to STOP stealing from the poor and middle class to
give to the rich.

HIS idea that you senile asshole should never stop sucking him off, **** the
Git! BG
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:12:11 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I am too cheap

Ohhh, yeah, we can see what a cheap whore you are, senile sucker of troll
cock!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:13:48 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

People DO still travel to Latin America!

Nope, senile sucker of troll cock! The troll STILL keeps baiting you! Now
keep sucking! BG
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:41:31 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I doubt they do anymore. When I was in high school

Oh, NO! Not yet again!!!!

FLUSH another lengthy senile bull**** story

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 07:52:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Presumably the alg decided that since k and l are adjacent and adding g made
it a real world.

Presumably BOTH of you are typical driveling senile idiots! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Bad idea to ask this question

You made your objections clear already and he did not see a reason to rethink

he is going to do whatever the heck she wants

not sure why anyone would confess to a crime, hope the statute of limitations has run

mk5000

If there is love, there is hope that one may have real families, real brotherhood, real equanimity, real peace. If the love within your mind is lost and you see other beings as enemies, then no matter how much knowledge or education or material comfort you have, only suffering and confusion will ensue
The Little Book of Buddhism (2000)Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:47:28 PM UTC-6, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

I do not think she is planning to get rid of it because there are jobs with competitive salary that still use it

sciences (nomenclatures),, medicine and law, amongst others

Since she is going to do what she wants in spite of you voicing your needs you go do what you are going to do on your schedule

mk5000

exclusively of the abstract sciences, the largest and worthiest portion of our knowledge consists of aphorisms and the greatest and best of men is but an aphorism.--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 1:52:53 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

A few on Facebook... groups that are supposed to be "debate" or
"political"
groups -- but are run by right wingers. All it takes is posting links
to fact checking sites, or scientific sites, to get many right wingers angered.

I keep ****ing off the left wingers (and pro-vaxxers) in imgur. My score
is now -220, which apparently is still "neutral".

I tend to fact check things people post. That irks some.

Speaking of being a crappy typists, I have no idea what error I made, but
the autocorrect changed "irks" to "girls". Um, what?

Presumably the alg decided that since k and l are adjacent and adding g made
it a real world.

Makes sense. I am not sure what my typo was.

The iOS voice to text input is even weirder. It does keep track of
what you have said previously but does some really weird stuff
with what it initially gets right and then changes to some quite
different phrase later, and you can see the change sequence.

I have seen that, too.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Snit" wrote in message
[...]

I spose it must be trying to create a useful sentence or something. The
end result usually is a useful sentence even if it isnt what you intended.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 2021 at 3:22:19 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

"Snit" wrote in message
[...]

Most of the time it is. Most. Not all. And I see people trying to mix
dictation with commands -- things like "send" and the like.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:55:01 -0800 (PST), marika, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE, blathered:

Why is America still teaching Latin? It's not used in everyday society.

I do not think

I think you are another mentally deficient, troll-feeding senile ****head!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 22:11:06 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

Makes sense. I am not sure what my typo was.

I AM sure now that BOTH of you are useless, brain dead, driveling, senile
IDIOTS! BG
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

They would have to be really geeky to use computer terminology in everyday life. I've never heard anyone say that.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:51:02 -0000, Snit wrote:

[...]

Far too much hassle, juggling between two windows.

In the old days you had to, gasp!, drag to a folder and hover for a bit -- it
would open and you could navigate that way. That way still works but I rarely
use it... though I sometimes drag to the tab, wait for it to open, and then
realize I wanted a sub folder so I combine the two.

There's something in Windows like this but I don't like it. On the left is a column showing the hierarchy of folders. If I drag a file there and hover over a folder, the subfolders open up, but what usually happens is I drop the file somewhere, but just as I let go of it, it decides to open the ones underneath and shift everything upwards so it falls into somewhere else. Now I have to go find where that file went.

[...]

Nothing to do with age or what you're used to. It's for clarity. A bigger gap between sentences than between words is easier to read. In your sentence above, I have to go by the tiny one pixel fullstop, or the capital letter (of which there are some in the middle of sentences).
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

What's a package tracker? If I want to see where something I've bought is, I go to the website of the company that's delivering it.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2021 19:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:48:17 -0000, Snit wrote:
On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:45:08 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

Some things in life cannot be undone.* Posting a letter, you can't
get it back out.

Trouble with computers is a lot of things have "edit undo".* If only
real life had that, we could have so much fun.

I love hearing people speak of how things that are unclear are
"pixelated" or
how they "deleted" something they thew out. Human thinking os weird.

They would have to be really geeky to use computer terminology in
everyday life.* I've never heard anyone say that.

You can put bread in the toaster "landscape" or "portrait". Or try to
enlarge print on a page by stretching it (unpinching?) with your
fingers. I've heard.

--
Max Demian
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 22:41:01 +0000, Max Dumb, the real dumb, notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

You can put bread in the toaster "landscape" or "portrait". Or try to
enlarge print on a page by stretching it (unpinching?) with your
fingers. I've heard.

Or you can just stop sucking off that trolling attention whore! No?
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 7, 2021 at 12:47:12 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

Or maybe just geeky to catch it.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Why Oil & Gas Industry Should Opt For Ex-proof Camera? Ada Khan Metalworking 0 December 17th 18 11:22 AM
Compulsory water metering Pete C UK diy 175 March 8th 06 11:28 AM
Compulsory water metering Adam UK diy 95 March 8th 06 10:33 AM
Compulsory water metering Adam UK diy 3 March 2nd 06 09:47 PM
Why not compulsory water meters? Timothy Murphy UK diy 59 August 1st 05 04:02 PM