Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:51:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 22:34:06 -0000, David Brooks
wrote:

On 03/03/2021 22:08, David Brooks wrote:
On 03/03/2021 20:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:43:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 11:50 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Come to think of it, the same car a year earlier was a write off but
not
a right off. A woman (it's always a woman) reversed into the side
of me
in a car park. She bent the central pillar and dented both doors
severely. Her foot had slipped off the clutch and she reversed
rapidly. The insurance company inspected my car and said the damage
was
more than the value of the car, so gave me the value of the car,
£700.
I kept the car, bought my boss's car which was almost identical but
falling to bits for £70, and swapped the doors over, then bent the
pillar back with a sledgehammer. £630 in my pocket due to stupid
insurance.

A friend bent the center pillar and we attempted to straighten it by
tying a come-along (winch) off to a sturdy maple tree. We succeeded in
pulling the '59 Chevy sideways across the drive in a series of small
hops. Cars were sturdier then.

I sorted my Peugeot out more easily. I took it to a small local
garage who did some other minor work after I rear ended someone. They
hadn't bent back the huge bend in the front of it yet when I was
passing, so he actually told me to get in my car and reverse as hard
as possible. He tied a chain to it and a sturdy fence post at the
side of his garage. Somehow I got it just right. He probably asked me
to do it so I wouldn't blame him if the front fell off.

I did a similar thing with my hedge once. I needed to remove some
stumps, so I tied a chain to each stump in turn, and the other end to
my towbar, then drove forwards rapidly. The stumps flew out of the
ground nicely. My neighbour didn't like it, since I was driving the
car across my drive directly towards her kitchen window.

Reminded me of this!

https://thepiratebay0.org/user/raidy/

Oops! :-(

Wrong link. Sorry.

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers
instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting
the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

Stealing music, are you? Piracy is not a victimless crime and Interpol
has been informed.

Every time I see that message on a DVD I get a real urge to hoist the
Jolly Roger.

That message was removed from all the DVDs I made, along with all the annoying trailers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:46:34 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas. A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police. I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

I came back from a hike, got on my dirt bike, and headed for home. A cop
had a bunch of kids on dirt bikes pulled over and stopped me. To his
credit one of the kids spoke up and said 'He's not with us. The bike has
been parked at the trail head all afternoon.'

There weren't many houses around but someone must have ratted them out.

Why the **** did that kid do that? If I was you I'd find out who he is and return the favour.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:41:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman wrote:

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit", but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the priest.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 23:53:42 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 3, 2021 at 3:40:28 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 22:34:06 -0000, David Brooks wrote:

On 03/03/2021 22:08, David Brooks wrote:
On 03/03/2021 20:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:43:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 11:50 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Come to think of it, the same car a year earlier was a write off but
not
a right off. A woman (it's always a woman) reversed into the side
of me
in a car park. She bent the central pillar and dented both doors
severely. Her foot had slipped off the clutch and she reversed
rapidly. The insurance company inspected my car and said the damage
was
more than the value of the car, so gave me the value of the car, =A3700.
I kept the car, bought my boss's car which was almost identical but
falling to bits for =A370, and swapped the doors over, then bent the
pillar back with a sledgehammer. =A3630 in my pocket due to stupid
[...]

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I would never even bother trying that. As you said, how do I remember what I put where? It would only be any use if I was copying nad pasting a few different things for the same task, then I might remember. But it doesn't solve the problem of the copy key ignoring me, so I paste something else into the conversation. And if it's a live chat, you can't take it back!

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 00:42:59 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 3, 2021 at 5:26:13 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I'm happy with a single copy! ;-)

Most of the time it is fine... but good to be able to quickly find things you
copied a bit ago. I have more clipboards than I can imagine using: 200. That
is their default and to change it you have to pay a few bucks for the "Pro"
version. Not worth it to me.

If you care, this is what I use: https://copyless.net

Or at the App Sto https://apps.apple.com/app/id993841014

All it would add is syncing between computers and changing the 200 up or down.

What I'd prefer is just the single copy key, but it keeps a history, so if I say "oh ****, I just overwrote the clipboard!" I can go back to a previous one.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

On forums which allow editing, I get lazy and just send, then proofread and adjust it. Sometimes I make so many adjustments, and someone replies so quickly, that they reply to something I've no longer written, or miss out on more information I added.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 23:55:10 -0000, David Brooks wrote:

On 03/03/2021 22:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 22:19:22 -0000, David Brooks
wrote:

On 03/03/2021 20:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[....]
Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas. A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police. I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

[1] I know how heavy they are as I saw one later pushing one up a hill
that had broken down.

Can you describe what happens when a hill breaks down?

I took physics, not geology.

You said you SAW one!

Can't you recall WHAT it was you saw?

He was a well built lad, but I wouldn't have called him a hill.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 17:31:43 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 2/20/2021 5:07 PM, Snit wrote:
On Feb 20, 2021 at 2:59:52 PM MST, "Fredxx" wrote

They are party to the formation of an embryo. Unless your name is Mary/

They STILL have no control over the woman's body.

The problem is that women who abort their children are not taking
responsibility for their own actions. Then they kill a living human
baby because they refuse to take responsibility for THEIR actions.

Murdering a baby is just not a reasonable response to a refusal to take
personal responsibility for having sex that results in conception.

You're a religious nut, aren't you? An unborn baby has the intelligence of a housefly, and most people don't have a problem swatting those.

Anyway, they created the baby, it belongs to them, not the state, and not god.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:23:42 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 02:04 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
most sill boys write off a car in their first year of driving I know I
did at 17 in 1970 ...... made me a better driver though

It took my a lot longer than that but it wasn't from lack of trying. One
time after leaving the road going backwards my friend rolled down the
window and hung his hat on the adjacent power pole. Two feet the other
way and it wouldn't have been an amusing story.

On a windy day I once encountered a small power line that had fallen down. The wooden pole was across the road. Not having a 4x4 with me, I got out and moved the pole. It was hilarious watching someone yelling and backing off as I did it. So I firmly grabbed the insulated wire and grinned. They probably think I'm superman to this day.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 21:39:05 -0000, dylan meisinger wrote:

Help stop the spread! Sign this petition!

http://chng.it/XqyYHGwj

Spread of what? Stomach girth?
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 4, 2021 at 11:42:47 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

[...]

The standard command+P to paste works fine and is what I generally use. Same
with C for copy.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

On forums which allow editing, I get lazy and just send, then proofread and adjust it. Sometimes I make so many adjustments, and someone replies so quickly, that they reply to something I've no longer written, or miss out on more information I added.

I have done that.
--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 4, 2021 at 11:40:48 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

[...]

I generally just do it the "normal" way but there have been some cases I want
to be pasting multiple things in multiple areas... but even then I use the
mouse to drag and drop from the clip board manager more than the hot keys.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default ****, the Git, the Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE!

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:13:11 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I have done that.

You haven't yet taken your tongue out of the unwashed Scottish ******'s
arse, **** the git, you notorious kisser of troll arse!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:19:11 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I generally just do it the "normal" way

There is NOTHING "normal" about the way you keep sucking off that filthy
clinically insane ******, **** the git, you disgusting senile ****head!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

On 03/03/2021 20:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[....]
Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open
areas.* A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police.* I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

[1] I know how heavy they are as I saw one later pushing one up a hill
that had broken down.

Can you describe what happens when a hill breaks down?

I took physics, not geology.

You said you SAW one!

Can't you recall WHAT it was you saw?

He was a well built lad, but I wouldn't have called him a hill.

Would you have called him Shirley?

Or Sue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pex_ASYQPM
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 20:25:58 +0000, David Brooks, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

Would you have called him Shirley?

Would you call yourself a mentally deficient, troll-feeding, senile asshole?
BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:07:00 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 02:36 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 21/02/2021 09:01, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 21/02/2021 01:47, rbowman wrote:
On 02/20/2021 11:44 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:28:28 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/20/2021 01:58 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 19:03, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 18:39, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for
organ
donation.Â* Why?Â* Why not just make it mandatory?Â* You're dead,
you
don't need those organs.Â* Why waste the doctor's time on
paperwork?
Why murder someone after your death who could have been saved by
your
body parts? And no I dont care if you have some crazy religion.

not just thinking

https://www.organdonationscotland.or...caAp6cEALw_wcB

speaking as someone who has the liver of a 20 odd year old boy
racer if
they don't want to live I do ......

Motorcycle riders are sometimes called organ donors but anybody
waiting
for my spare parts has had a hell of a long wait.

You know what ****es me off?Â* A car in a legally unroadworthy state
cannot drive on the road without you getting in trouble, but it's
still
10 times safer than a motorbike.

Would it ramp your ire up a notch if I told you in this state
motorcycles don't need insurance? That registration is a one time
affair? You buy the bike and register it and the plates are good for
as long as you own it. I think that went into effect in 2000 so that
last time I forked over money to the state for my '98 Harley was 21
years ago.
cool..just like my lecy scooter in the UK
Only you don't even have to register it....

They haven't figured out what to do with those here. I think the one
wheel electric skateboards are banned in the city but hoverboards and
other configurations are a grey area.. eBikes are banned on some of the
trails. Full sized electric motorcycles like the Zero are treated as
other motorcycles.

Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas.Â* A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police.Â* I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

[1] I know how heavy they are as I saw one later pushing one up a hill
that had broken down.

I once happened upon a Parks ranger in the Olympic Mountains walking
down the trail as I was going up. He had the front wheel of a motorcycle
tied to his pack. I asked him what he had the wheel for, and he told me
that he had happened upon someone on a dirt bike on the trail, which is
closed to motorized vehicles.

Think they got the message?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 14:19:18 -0800, Bob F, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered:

I once happened upon a Parks ranger

Nope, senile asshole, you just happened upon a PROVEN clinically insane
attention whore and troll and you fed him, senile asshole that you are!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tip!

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

haha! :-D I've done that too!

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

I wonder what happened to it! Try he-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYmtEQiG18

Same one. And just as funny.

It's ALWAYS funny! (I love the dog talking from the muddy puddle!)

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLES Alert!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 23:02:19 +0000, David Brooks, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

Same one. And just as funny.

It's ALWAYS funny! (I love the dog talking from the muddy puddle!)

You two troll-feeding bull****ting senile assholes ARE "funny". Senilely
"funny"! G
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 4, 2021 at 4:02:19 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
[...]

The main thing I use it for is just having a searchable list of things I have
copied through the day. Useful in many situations.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

haha! :-D I've done that too!

I think it is a very human thing to do. It is odd, though, in that at least
for me part of my brain seems to know to NOT hit the send button but the
muscle memory is already doing it almost on auto-pilot.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

I wonder what happened to it! Try he-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYmtEQiG18

Same one. And just as funny.

It's ALWAYS funny! (I love the dog talking from the muddy puddle!)

Agreed.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 03/04/2021 11:35 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:46:34 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Around here we just ignore the law, I saw a group of teenagers on very
large [1] dirtbikes, tearing around on pavements between open areas. A
woman noticed I had just been on the phone to someone, so asked if I'd
photograph them and call the police. I told her to go **** herself,
they're just having a bit of fun, and I'm sure you're capable of
stepping to one side.

I came back from a hike, got on my dirt bike, and headed for home. A cop
had a bunch of kids on dirt bikes pulled over and stopped me. To his
credit one of the kids spoke up and said 'He's not with us. The bike has
been parked at the trail head all afternoon.'

There weren't many houses around but someone must have ratted them out.

Why the **** did that kid do that? If I was you I'd find out who he is
and return the favour.

???? Because the kid was honest? They'd been raising hell on their dirt
bikes when somebody called the cops. He was telling the cop I wasn't
part of the hell raising and the bike was parked at the time.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2021 11:37 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:41:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman wrote:

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit",
but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the
priest.

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase? Modern
education is grand. Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper
took at least two years of Latin at my high school. We would argue over
the pronunciation with the kids from Catholic High.

They might have done more religioous stuff but we read Caesar's
'CommentÄriÄ« dÄ“ BellÅ Gallico'.

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres...

I was flipping channels on Christmas Eve and came upon a Mass in Latin.
Some dweeb was doing a voice over in English.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/04/2021 11:37 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:41:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman wrote:

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet
and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit",
but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the
priest.

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase?

Yep.

Modern education is grand.

I've always been hopeless and foreign languages and
have been forced to do 3. Not Latin or ancient Greek tho.

Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper took at least two years
of Latin at my high school.

More fool your High School.

**** off wog boy.

I was flipping channels on Christmas Eve and came upon a Mass in Latin.
Some dweeb was doing a voice over in English.

While the priest was ****ing the altar server.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 19:21:57 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

???? Because the kid was honest? They'd been raising hell on their dirt
bikes when somebody called the cops. He was telling the cop I wasn't
part of the hell raising and the bike was parked at the time.

What off topic sick **** is this about again, senile gossip? **** off to
alt.senile.gossiping or some such group, senile pest!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 19:30:48 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase?

Nope, senile asshole! All he needs is a few of the senile fools infesting
these groups to suck him off, every time he feels the need to be sucked off
by one of you!

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:43:01 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 2/20/2021 5:07 PM, Snit wrote:
On Feb 20, 2021 at 2:59:52 PM MST, "Fredxx" wrote

They are party to the formation of an embryo. Unless your name is Mary/

They STILL have no control over the woman's body.

The problem is that women who abort their children are not taking
responsibility for their own actions.* Then they kill a living human
baby because they refuse to take responsibility for THEIR actions.

Murdering a baby is just not a reasonable response to a refusal to take
personal responsibility for having sex that results in conception.

You're a religious nut, aren't you?

Nope ... I value life.

Are you some sort of abusive male?

An unborn baby has the intelligence
of a housefly, and most people don't have a problem swatting those.

Perhaps, that is the norm in your family lineage. A pity ...

Until you've actually carried a child from conception to birth, felt
that child move inside of you, had it respond to your voice and the
voices of it's father and siblings from outside of the womb, you really
need to sit down and shut up.

Anyway, they created the baby, it belongs to them, not the state, and
not god.

Why are you calling it a baby? You just compared it to a housefly worth
swatting. Ignorant male idiot.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:13:11 -0000, Snit wrote:

[...]

Not if you command-C, get interrupted, command-C something else, then lose the first one. I've done that many times.

Except with a PC it's CTRL, which I remember my schoolfriend telling me it meant "computer tries to reload". This was in the days of the BBC 32KB computers.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

On forums which allow editing, I get lazy and just send, then proofread and adjust it. Sometimes I make so many adjustments, and someone replies so quickly, that they reply to something I've no longer written, or miss out on more information I added.

I have done that.

How many have you been banned from? I've been silently censored on World Community Grid (one of those science projects). I could post and see my reply, but if I made a fake account and logged in, the posts were invisible. I found them out, sent a very rude email to the admins, and removed all my computers from their research. Censorship is wrong, end of story.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:19:11 -0000, Snit wrote:

[...]

Unless you have multiple screens or a very large screen, dragging and dropping is very difficult. This is why I hated the older macs (I think they fixed it now) - if I wanted to copy or move a file from one folder to another, I had to have both on the screen at once, clumsily arranging them. In windows I just used CTRL-C to copy it, went to the destination, then pasted it.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

Probably html or ASCII or the like. It's amazing that even the space character causes problems, getting converted to %20 etc. 50 different standards for spacing and carriage returns, it's a bloody mess.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

[...]

No, he was bigger than me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

On 02/20/2021 01:58 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 19:03, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 18:39, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for
organ
donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead,
you
don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on

You know what ****es me off? A car in a legally unroadworthy state
[...]

What a ******, ruining the fun of others. If I was one of the riders and caught up to him, I would have pushed him off a cliff.

Although I've done similar to someone else, who was doing something that's actually wrong. I saw some folk out shooting deer at the top of some hills. The landrover (a 4x4 if you're an American) was parked with the keys still in it, facing a steep slope, so I placed it in neutral. A slight lean on the back and a loud crash was heard a few minutes later after I made my way down the path.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 2/20/2021 5:07 PM, Snit wrote:
On Feb 20, 2021 at 2:59:52 PM MST, "Fredxx" wrote

They are party to the formation of an embryo. Unless your name is Mary/

They STILL have no control over the woman's body.

The problem is that women who abort their children are not taking
responsibility for their own actions. Then they kill a living human
baby because they refuse to take responsibility for THEIR actions.

Murdering a baby is just not a reasonable response to a refusal to take
personal responsibility for having sex that results in conception.

You're a religious nut, aren't you?

Nope ...

Liar, I've seen you mention god.

I value life.

Are you some sort of abusive male?

Not to living things. Unborn babies don't count.

And why say male as though females are never abusive?

An unborn baby has the intelligence
of a housefly, and most people don't have a problem swatting those.

Perhaps, that is the norm in your family lineage. A pity ...

Until you've actually carried a child from conception to birth, felt
that child move inside of you, had it respond to your voice and the
voices of it's father and siblings from outside of the womb, you really
need to sit down and shut up.

Just because it can move and make wailing noises when it comes out, doesn't mean it has intelligence. Until you can have a conversation with it, it's expendable and you can easily make another one. The world is overpopulated anyway, what gave you the right to make it worse?

Anyway, they created the baby, it belongs to them, not the state, and
not god.

Why are you calling it a baby? You just compared it to a housefly worth
swatting. Ignorant male idiot.

I called it a baby because it is one. Not a sentient human.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE Alert!

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 19:46:09 +0000, David Brooks, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

Ha! :-D

Just WTF is wrong with you, you troll-feeding senile ****head?
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 5, 2021 at 12:24:59 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

[...]

I have an iMac (smaller screen type, but still bigger than a notebook) and a
second screen attached. Even then drag and drop is usually easy.

The app is set to go away after a drag -- wish there was a pin icon to have it
stay. Sorta silly there is not given how the icon for the app itself is a
pushpin! But on the rare times I need that I just go to the settings and
change it, then change it back. I should send a suggestion to the author.

This is why I hated the older macs (I think they fixed it now) - if I wanted to copy or move a file from one folder to another, I had to have both on the screen at once, clumsily arranging them. In windows I just used CTRL-C to copy it, went to the destination, then pasted it.

I never had an issue with the old behavior but am happy they added the new as
an option.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

Probably html or ASCII or the like. It's amazing that even the space character causes problems, getting converted to %20 etc. 50 different standards for spacing and carriage returns, it's a bloody mess.

Yup.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 20:33:42 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

I have an iMac

You have no brain, **** the git, you troll-feeding senile piece of ****!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mar 5, 2021 at 12:22:24 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

If you care, this is what I use: https://copyless.net

Or at the App Sto https://apps.apple.com/app/id993841014

All it would add is syncing between computers and changing the 200 up or down.

What I'd prefer is just the single copy key, but it keeps a history, so if I say "oh ****, I just overwrote the clipboard!" I can go back to a previous one.

The standard command+P to paste works fine and is what I generally use. Same
with C for copy.

Not if you command-C, get interrupted, command-C something else, then lose the first one. I've done that many times.

Yes. It works for times when I do that, not that I ever would being as perfect
as I am.

Except with a PC it's CTRL, which I remember my schoolfriend telling me it meant "computer tries to reload". This was in the days of the BBC 32KB computers.

I go back and forth with no real issue -- knowing to use control on Windows
and ChromeOS and Command on macOS. The few times I use a terminal on Linux or
Windows it always seems weird the "standard" copy and paste does not work. I
get why. Also do not like the weird hand calisthenics needed with Control,
though not a big deal.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

On forums which allow editing, I get lazy and just send, then proofread and adjust it. Sometimes I make so many adjustments, and someone replies so quickly, that they reply to something I've no longer written, or miss out on more information I added.

I have done that.

How many have you been banned from?

A few on Facebook... groups that are supposed to be "debate" or "political"
groups -- but are run by right wingers. All it takes is posting links to fact
checking sites, or scientific sites, to get many right wingers angered.

I've been silently censored on World Community Grid (one of those science projects). I could post and see my reply, but if I made a fake account and logged in, the posts were invisible. I found them out, sent a very rude email to the admins, and removed all my computers from their research. Censorship is wrong, end of story.

Sneaky of them to do it in a "silent" way.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

What a ******, ruining the fun of others.Â* If I was one of the riders
and caught up to him, I would have pushed him off a cliff.

Although I've done similar to someone else, who was doing something
that's actually wrong.Â* I saw some folk out shooting deer at the top of
some hills.Â* The landrover (a 4x4 if you're an American) was parked with
the keys still in it, facing a steep slope, so I placed it in neutral.
A slight lean on the back and a loud crash was heard a few minutes later
after I made my way down the path.

Just another trumptard murderer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 20:08:17 -0800, Bob F, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered:

Just another trumptard murderer?

Nope, senile asshole, just another troll by the Scottish attention whore,
you idiotic troll-feeding senile twit!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 00:29:12 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

Yes. It works for times when I do that, not that I ever would being as perfect
as I am.

The one thing's that certain here is that you are a perfect sucker of troll
cock, senile asshole!

Why Oil & Gas Industry Should Opt For Ex-proof Camera? Ada Khan Metalworking 0 December 17th 18 11:22 AM
Compulsory water metering Pete C UK diy 175 March 8th 06 11:28 AM
Compulsory water metering Adam UK diy 95 March 8th 06 10:33 AM
Compulsory water metering Adam UK diy 3 March 2nd 06 09:47 PM
Why not compulsory water meters? Timothy Murphy UK diy 59 August 1st 05 04:02 PM