Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:54:01 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

I have an iMac (smaller screen type, but still bigger than a notebook) and a
second screen attached. Even then drag and drop is usually easy.

The app is set to go away after a drag -- wish there was a pin icon to have it
stay. Sorta silly there is not given how the icon for the app itself is a
pushpin! But on the rare times I need that I just go to the settings and
change it, then change it back. I should send a suggestion to the author.

This is why I hated the older macs (I think they fixed it now) - if I wanted to copy or move a file from one folder to another, I had to have both on the screen at once, clumsily arranging them. In windows I just used CTRL-C to copy it, went to the destination, then pasted it.

I never had an issue with the old behavior but am happy they added the new as
an option.

Consider a normal Mac - no second screen, no huge screen. You have a folder open with some files in it and want to copy some somewhere else. With the old method you had to try to fit both folders on the same screen. Pure insanity.

There were times. Now I do this often but do not use copy and paste but drag
and drop -- just open a separate tab in the Finder and navigate to where I
want to go. Then I go back to the first tab and drag to the second. Or if I am
doing it a lot I put the folder in the side bar (or toolbar, but usually side
bar).

In the old days you had to, gasp!, drag to a folder and hover for a bit -- it
would open and you could navigate that way. That way still works but I rarely
use it... though I sometimes drag to the tab, wait for it to open, and then
realize I wanted a sub folder so I combine the two.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

Probably html or ASCII or the like. It's amazing that even the space character causes problems, getting converted to %20 etc. 50 different standards for spacing and carriage returns, it's a bloody mess.

Yup.

You know what really ****es me off? I like to leave two spaces between sentences, it makes it easier to read. Some web forums (about 50% of them) delete a double space, due to a technical problem or oversight.

The standard for typing was two spaces. The standard for computers is one.
Yeah, it can be annoying for us old folks.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow