Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More proof masks are ineffective

Since all Bidentards wear masks and their campaign staff has their own mini epidemic going on, we can conclude that masks just don't work.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/harris...s_3540303.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 7:02 AM, masktard wrote:

Since all Bidentards wear masks and their campaign staff has their own
mini epidemic going on, we can conclude that masks just don't work.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/harris...s_3540303.html

Let's see?

Kamala has 2 sick staff members who wore masks.

trump has dozens sick who did not wear masks.

Wow! Masks must really work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:45:55 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 10/16/2020 7:02 AM, masktard wrote:

Since all Bidentards wear masks and their campaign staff has their own
mini epidemic going on, we can conclude that masks just don't work.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/harris...s_3540303.html

Let's see?

Kamala has 2 sick staff members who wore masks.

trump has dozens sick who did not wear masks.

Wow! Masks must really work.

Overly simplistic in both cases. Biden's people profess to be taking
all of the precautions and you don't really see them outside the
bubble much. Trump's people are just saying "****it" and not taking
any precautions that I see. they are everywhere. The whole gang was in
Ft Myers this afternoon. No I wasn't interested in even watching on
TV,wearing a mask or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:26:17 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:45:55 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 10/16/2020 7:02 AM, masktard wrote:

Since all Bidentards wear masks and their campaign staff has their own
mini epidemic going on, we can conclude that masks just don't work.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/harris...s_3540303.html

Let's see?

Kamala has 2 sick staff members who wore masks.

trump has dozens sick who did not wear masks.

Wow! Masks must really work.

Overly simplistic in both cases. Biden's people profess to be taking
all of the precautions and you don't really see them outside the
bubble much. Trump's people are just saying "****it" and not taking
any precautions that I see. they are everywhere. The whole gang was in
Ft Myers this afternoon. No I wasn't interested in even watching on
TV,wearing a mask or not.

You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:53:41 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

You wear a mask to protect the TV from you, and the TV uses a mask to
protect you from it.

Unless you have a channel 95 mask. That ruins the tv reception.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of getting/giving a
deadly virus. It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 8:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct.* Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

On the contrary ... I haven't stopped living a normal life just because
some people want to wear masks. For decades there have been
transmittable viruses in the wild, and I never wore a mask for any of
them - not going to start now. My immune system has been dealing with
viruses since I was born and it still is.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of getting/giving a
deadly virus.* It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.

Deadly virus?? Every virus in the past had the potential of being
deadly, but NO ONE wore masks! Our immune systems dealt with the
viruses. People are going to catch the virus no matter what they do
because that's what viruses do - it spreads. Some people won't know
they've had it, some people will get a little sick, some will get more
sick, and SOME will die. THAT's LIFE!!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****. Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 10:21:27 PM UTC-5, T wrote:

Bull ****. Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

That would not be proof, but evidence. Proofs are for math!

Dip****!

John Kuthe...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth
and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like influenzas
like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****.

Fact actually.

Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:21:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of getting/giving a
deadly virus. It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.

She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of getting/giving a
deadly virus. It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.

She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for...
I don't know what she gets out of not wearing a mask,

Basically she doesn't have to think. She's one of those
fools that believes that nothing you do makes any difference,
you will die or not die regardless. The worst of those fools
believes that its all predetermined by some god or other
and mothering you can do will make any difference.

Its one stupid way of simplifying their pathetic excuse for a 'life;

It's the same mindless mentality you see with some moslems, inshallah etc.

but whatever it is, it's enough to make her willing to kill people.

Not willing so much as too stupid to realise that she is doing that.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so
I guess we see here the dirty underbelly of Christians.

Yes but its fatalism not deliberate killing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 20:28, John Kuthe wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 10:21:27 PM UTC-5, T wrote:

Bull ****. Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

That would not be proof, but evidence. Proofs are for math!

Dip****!

John Kuthe...

I other words, you toss you "opinion" around like it is
actual fact.

Next time PROVE IT. Use the scientific method,
not political correctness.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our
mouth and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like
influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****.

Fact actually.

Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Hi Fred,

Thank you for actually doing it right. "Science
baby science", to quote Simon Pegg:

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were
highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI
statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask
arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07)
compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also
had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with
the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed
ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-
confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were
significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared
with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth
masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks
44%.

The key words a
Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost
97% and medical masks 44%.

The study shows clearly that neither one works. And
that the cloth ones are atrocious.

And at 44% or 97%, "you first!". 44% is way more that
is necessary to get infected. 97% is total bull ****.

I have a study that shows cloth masks cluster bombing
folks and aerosols going right through N95 masks. Would
you like to see either one or both?

By the way, I work for a guy that designed the N95.
He told me in no unequivocal terms that THEY ARE
NOT DESIGNED FOR VIRUSES.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth
and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like
influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****.

Fact actually.

Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Thank you for actually doing it right. "Science baby science", to quote
Simon Pegg:

Raina MacIntyre doesnt do baby science and
the BMJ doesnt publish baby science either.

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth
mask arm,

Because it wasnt ethical to have a no mask arm.

And
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...ation/12759180
shows that the problem with the worse result with the
cloth mask item was only due to many hand washing
their cloth masks and that when they used a washing
machine, they were in fact as good as surgical masks.

with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth
mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with
the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of
ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI
(RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72,
95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group
compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by
particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

The key words a
Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost
97% and medical masks 44%.

Wrong.

The study shows clearly that neither one works.

Wrong again. Clearly surgical masks are better than no masks.

And that the cloth ones are atrocious.

And at 44% or 97%, "you first!". 44% is way more that is necessary to get
infected.

Must be why medical professionals wear them.

I have a study that shows cloth masks cluster bombing
folks and aerosols going right through N95 masks. Would you like to see
either one or both?

Nope, I have seen both steaming turds.

By the way, I work for a guy that designed the N95. He told me in no
unequivocal terms that THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR VIRUSES.

Irrelevant to surgical and cloth masks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 2:04 AM, micky wrote:
She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.

The seasonal flu kills people too.* How many people have you murdered in years past by not wearing a flu mask?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 12:01 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So much drama!

Real men, like President Trump, don't hide from a little virus. He caught the Wuhan-19, took the cure and a few days later was back at work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****. Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

So we're going to randomly expose experimental subjects to masked and unmasked COVID-positive
spreaders, and then see which ones get the virus?

Somehow I can't see any ethics committee approving that research protocol.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:53:05 AM UTC-4, ʎʞɔıɯ@ʎʞɔıɯ.ɯoɔ wrote:
On 10/18/20 2:04 AM, micky wrote:
She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.

The seasonal flu kills people too. How many people have you murdered in years past by not wearing a flu mask?

"COVID-19 seems to spread more easily than flu and causes more serious illnesses in some people. It can also take longer before people show symptoms and people can be contagious for longer. "

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 7:24 AM, manboobs wrote:

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So much drama!

Real men, like President Trump, don't hide from a little virus. He
caught the Wuhan-19, took the cure and a few days later was back at work.

Will the other 220,000 come back from the dead?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 11:01 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Why get bent out of shape over what normally happens with a virus??
It's NOT NEWS that a virus spreads or that people catch the virus.
THAT'S WHAT viruses do. The majority of people are just fine.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of getting/giving a
deadly virus. It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.

She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

What a moron you are. There's no stopping anyone from getting sick.
Nothing YOU or anyone does by wearing a mask prevents anyone from
catching a virus. The mask just makes YOU feel like you're doing
something to help other people, but you AREN'T helping other people by
wearing masks. Masks don't stop anything from happening, and in fact,
wearing masks help spread the virus and masks by themselves make people
sick.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

Hyperbole never wins an argument.

NOT wearing masks is good for MY health, and I'm not responsible to
protect or take care of anyone else's health. You take care of YOU
however you see fit, and I take care of ME how I see fit. I'm NOT
making myself sick by wearing a mask just to make someone else believe I
care. I don't give a flip what you think of me not wearing masks. You
don't live in my skin - I do, and I'm fine not wearing masks.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.

My immune system is working like it's supposed to work, therefore, I'm
not going to wear masks that make me sick.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"T" wrote in message
On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

It's just common sense that masks aren't going to prevent any viruses
from spreading.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 4:03 AM, Fred wrote:
Wrong again. Clearly surgical masks are better than no masks.

Surgical masks are meant to be worn for short periods of time and then
thrown away as medical waste.

That's NOT how people are using surgical masks for covid.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 2:04 AM, micky wrote:
She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.

The seasonal flu kills people too. How many people have you murdered in years past by not wearing a flu mask?

"COVID-19 seems to spread more easily than flu and causes more serious illnesses in some people. It can also take longer before people show symptoms and people can be contagious for longer. "

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

So? "SOME PEOPLE" are going to get sick no matter what they do. That's
life.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 10:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/18/2020 7:24 AM, manboobs wrote:

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So much drama!

Real men, like President Trump, don't hide from a little virus. He
caught the Wuhan-19, took the cure and a few days later was back at work.

Will the other 220,000 come back from the dead?

That number is just wrong, but dead people don't come back to life just
like all the aborted babies will never have a chance at life.

What's your point?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 12:32 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/18/2020 10:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/18/2020 7:24 AM, manboobs wrote:

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So much drama!

Real men, like President Trump, don't hide from a little virus. He
caught the Wuhan-19, took the cure and a few days later was back at work.

Will the other 220,000 come back from the dead?

That number is just wrong, but dead people don't come back to life just
like all the aborted babies will never have a chance at life.

What's your point?

The number is wrong, I rounded up from 219,671.
The point is, with a little prevention many of those lives would have
been saved for many more happy years.

Masks are not perfect, but they do help. Avoiding gatherings at the
White House helps too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 2:04 AM, micky wrote:
She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's enough
to make her willing to kill people.

Planning this in advance is one or two steps away from murder.

I thought she claimed to be a Christian. If so I guess we see here the
dirty underbelly of Christians.
The seasonal flu kills people too. How many people have you murdered in years past by not wearing a flu mask?

"COVID-19 seems to spread more easily than flu and causes more serious illnesses in some people. It can also take longer before people show symptoms and people can be contagious for longer."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

So? "SOME PEOPLE" are going to get sick no matter what they do. That's
life.

With you around, it is death.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

This is pure nonsense. Masks make a big difference in transmission.
That's why doctors have worn them for surgery for decades. The mask
prevents infections in the patients.

"It was mainly the use of the mask to cover the mouth and nose (and
beard) during the Manchurian plague of 191011 and the influenza
pandemic of 191819 that turned the face mask into a means of protecting
medical workers and patients from infectious diseases outside of the
operating room. During the 191819 influenza pandemic, wearing a mask
became mandatory for police forces, medical workers, and even residents
in some US cities, although its use was often controversial. Yet in
cities like San Francisco, the decline in deaths from influenza was
partly attributed to the mandatory mask-wearing policies. At this point,
the rationale for wearing masks moved beyond their original use in the
operating theat they now also protected the wearer against infection.
Meanwhile, masks continued to be developed in medicine. Although medical
practitioners agreed on the general function of the mask, in the first
decades of the 20th century they attempted to determine the most
efficient type of masks and there were patents on various designs. Masks
were usually made of several layers of cotton gauze, sometimes with an
additional layer of impervious material, held by a metal frame. Their
main goal was to prevent respiratory droplets from being transmitted
from and to the wearer, as Mikulicz and Flügge had suggested for the
operating theatre. Most masks were washable and the metal parts could be
sterilised and thus permit the use of the mask for a long time, as one
US inventor explained, who had a medical mask patented in 1919."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...207-1/fulltext

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 2:04 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

I think Muggles should volunteer to help the nurses out in the Covid 19
wards.....*without a mask*. Her immune system will protect her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 4:24 AM, manboobs wrote:
On 10/18/20 12:01 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So much drama!

Real men, like President Trump, don't hide from a little virus. He
caught the Wuhan-19, took the cure and a few days later was back at work.

Real men are not so vain that they are afraid to wear a mask to protect
others. You instead, are a wimp, like trump, too afraid to do something
for others because you are afraid or how you might look.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 9:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/17/2020 11:01 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Why get bent out of shape over what normally happens with a virus??
It's NOT NEWS that a virus spreads or that people catch the virus.
THAT'S WHAT viruses do. The majority of people are just fine.

Would you say the same thing if it was ebola?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"T" wrote in message
On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

It's just common NONsense that masks aren't going to prevent any viruses
from spreading.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****. Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

So we're going to randomly expose experimental subjects to masked and unmasked COVID-positive
spreaders, and then see which ones get the virus?

Somehow I can't see any ethics committee approving that research protocol.

Cindy Hamilton

It would not be legal. But it has proven masks work with animals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 1:35 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/18/2020 9:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/17/2020 11:01 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/17/2020 5:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

And covid is blowing up all around you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Why get bent out of shape over what normally happens with a virus??
It's NOT NEWS that a virus spreads or that people catch the virus.
THAT'S WHAT viruses do.* The majority of people are just fine.

Would you say the same thing if it was ebola?

Wuhan-19 is NOT ebola...but panic if you wish.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/20 12:01 AM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Flu season is on its way.* Better wear a double layer of masks.