Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Fred is offline

Default More proof masks are ineffective

On 2020-10-17 18:59, John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:02:25 AM UTC-5, masktard wrote:

Cloth masks help keep us from spraying moisture droplets out our mouth
and nose. An N95 mask helps prevent the spread of viruses like
influenzas like Covid 19 or Tuberculosis VIRUSES to/from ourselves.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bull ****.

Fact actually.

Prove it with a randomized clinical trial.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Thank you for actually doing it right. "Science baby science", to quote
Simon Pegg:

Raina MacIntyre doesnt do baby science and
the BMJ doesnt publish baby science either.

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth
mask arm,

Because it wasnt ethical to have a no mask arm.

And
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...ation/12759180
shows that the problem with the worse result with the
cloth mask item was only due to many hand washing
their cloth masks and that when they used a washing
machine, they were in fact as good as surgical masks.

with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth
mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with
the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of
ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI
(RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72,
95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group
compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by
particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

The key words a
Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost
97% and medical masks 44%.

Wrong.

The study shows clearly that neither one works.

Wrong again. Clearly surgical masks are better than no masks.

And that the cloth ones are atrocious.

And at 44% or 97%, "you first!". 44% is way more that is necessary to get
infected.

Must be why medical professionals wear them.

I have a study that shows cloth masks cluster bombing
folks and aerosols going right through N95 masks. Would you like to see
either one or both?

Nope, I have seen both steaming turds.

By the way, I work for a guy that designed the N95. He told me in no
unequivocal terms that THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR VIRUSES.

Irrelevant to surgical and cloth masks.