Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default What is this device?

On 27/06/2020 20:34, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:30:00 +0100, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:15:40 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my
neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

If you really want to get into this, but a drone for 50 to 100 dollars
and I'm sure, after practicing quite a while in a wide open field, you
can get a perspective where* you see the whole thing while the drone is
over your land.

I was going to do that to ispect my roof, but a kindly roofer took
pictures of it for me.

Can't you just walk up the roof?* In fact that's a good way of peeking
into neighbours' gardens while pretending you're fixing tiles.

As an aerial installer for 50 years I am considering a book.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 21:11:58 +0100, williamwright, another absolutely brain
dead, troll-feeding, senile asshole, babbled:

As an aerial installer for 50 years I am considering a book.

Bill

You are "proud" of being a troll-feeding asshole, right, you subnormal
senile asshole?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Kinsey" wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my
neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

If you really want to get into this, but a drone for 50 to 100 dollars
and I'm sure, after practicing quite a while in a wide open field, you
can get a perspective where you see the whole thing while the drone is
over your land.

I was going to do that to ispect my roof, but a kindly roofer took
pictures of it for me.

Can't you just walk up the roof? In fact that's a good way of peeking
into neighbours' gardens while pretending you're fixing tiles.

As an aerial installer for 50 years I am considering a book.

Ever seen any nude sunbathers? Ever caused them to scream?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 3:32:23 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:01:49 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:09:26 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0
Ask your neighbour?

The response would be "mind your own ****ing business".

I wonder why a neighbour would respond in such a way ... sounds like
you have a really good relationship with them?

Would you have a good relationship with a neighbour who has parties at 3am with his drunken wife cackling loud enough to go through your closed double glazing? Or a jacuzzi that runs 24/7 with a busted motor making it sound like a diesel engine?

No. That's why I move to a street where my nearest neighbor is
30 metres away.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0
Ask your neighbour?

The response would be "mind your own ****ing business".

I wonder why a neighbour would respond in such a way ... sounds like
you have a really good relationship with them?

Would you have a good relationship with a neighbour who has parties at 3am with his drunken wife cackling loud enough to go through your closed double glazing? Or a jacuzzi that runs 24/7 with a busted motor making it sound like a diesel engine?

No. That's why I move to a street where my nearest neighbor is
30 metres away.

Not possible in most of the overcrowded UK. Does that include your gardens? Technically our houses were (before we both extended) 20 metres away. Although as the jacuzzi and party came up to the fence, that would be 10 metres.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile YANKIETARD Alert!

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 03:54:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton, the absolutely
brain dead, notorious, troll-feeding, senile Yankie ****, blathered again:

No. That's why I move to a street where my nearest neighbor is
30 metres away.

Windy Hamilton

But you move close enough to a filthy Scottish troll, every day, to be
considered a troll-feeding senile asshole by everyone with a brain!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My land is 2 acres or about 0.8 hectares. My neighbors have half that.

One of my neighbors is more than 30 metres away.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 07:21:52 -0700 (PDT), Windy Hamilton, the absolutely
brain dead, notorious, troll-feeding, senile Yankie ****, blathered again:

My land is 2 acres or about 0.8 hectares. My neighbors have half that.

One of my neighbors is more than 30 metres away.

Windy Hamilton

I bet he believes that's not far enough, Windy Bigmouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sa are all but 2 of mine - one on one side and one behind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

(and pre covid the closest neighbour beside me was more likely to be
half a world away - a travelling professor off lecturing in China,
Brazil, Sweden, Poland, Japan, Australia, or who-knows where else)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:33:02 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 20:35:21 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 09:49:03 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 00:50:58 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:24:17 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:38:09 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Don't much want to control everyone else do you?

Nope, I don't want any ... but unfortunately there are some that are
antisocial and so they will need controlling and there are systems in
place to do so.

Obviously *your* needs are paramount.

Only obvious to you because you are still completely wrong (of
course).

What's your best tip to get revenge on someone using a wood burning stove? I could aim my jetwash into the chimney and flood the living room....

How were you supposed to know the jetwash fluid was flammable? ;-(

Excellent idea.

It wasn't an idea, it was an observation.

Do you want credit for it in the police report?

Yes, that I warned you that it might be flammable (if it turns out to
be etc).

I don't think whatever "jetwash fluid" is could be flammable as it's mixed with water. My jetwash connects to the mains water supply via a hoselock connector, and sprays just water at high pressure. There is no fluid. I suppose I could feed it with petrol, but if the stove is running, the flame would very quickly come back and blow up the jetwash sat next to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:46:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 20:36:45 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up. If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she shouldn't expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should come from me or my insurance.

And I doubt garden ornaments are covered.

Ours are.

I don't have enough to bother with that.

Like when you see your neighbours cat regularly jumping on and off
your car a scratching it ...

That is the cat's fault, and they can't pay.

It's not, the owner has a 'duty of care' to ensure their cat doesn't
cause damage to other peoples property and they can be held
responsible for it.

Bull****, you cannot control a cat, by their very nature they roam freely. What you said only legally applies to dogs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0mxqjszawdg98l@glass...

wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up.

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless
you have been negligent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of...80%93_Scotland

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

And I doubt garden ornaments are covered.

Ours are.

I don't have enough to bother with that.

Like when you see your neighbours cat regularly jumping on and off
your car a scratching it ...

That is the cat's fault, and they can't pay.

It's not, the owner has a 'duty of care' to ensure their cat doesn't
cause damage to other peoples property and they can be held
responsible for it.

Bull****, you cannot control a cat, by their very nature they roam freely.
What you said only legally applies to dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 05:18:09 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up.

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless
you have been negligent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of...80%93_Scotland

Since god or nature cannot possibly pay up, then yeah, obviously. But if it's due to a person doing something wrong, then of course they should pay.

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being that close to her house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 21:54:06 +0100, Robin wrote:

wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

And I doubt garden ornaments are covered.

Ours are.

Like when you see your neighbours cat regularly jumping on and off
your car a scratching it ...

That is the cat's fault, and they can't pay.

It's not, the owner has a 'duty of care' to ensure their cat doesn't
cause damage to other peoples property and they can be held
responsible for it.

Cheers, T i m

Sadly that is generally not so. If it were a dog or a cow they might.

owners/keepers of cats /do/ have a duty to take reasonable care to
ensure that their animals do not injure people or damage property.

Nope. My cat could go mental and scratch you. I didn't know this was going to happen so am not at fault. If it does things like that repeatedly, then perhaps I could be required to stop it happening again. If it was a dog, I should have had it on a lead. But cats don't live on leads, they go where they please.

What they don't have is liability if their cat tresspases on another's land.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0mxxi7rjwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up.

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless
you have been negligent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of...80%93_Scotland

Since god or nature cannot possibly pay up, then yeah, obviously. But if
it's due to a person doing something wrong, then of course they should
pay.

But not if a strong wind brought down the tree, the person whose tree it is
is not at fault normally.

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she
shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should
come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being
that close to her house.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up.

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless
you have been negligent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of...80%93_Scotland

Since god or nature cannot possibly pay up, then yeah, obviously. But if
it's due to a person doing something wrong, then of course they should
pay.

But not if a strong wind brought down the tree, the person whose tree it is
is not at fault normally.

As I said below, I could have kept it trimmed. Very easy to tell if it's high enough to hit a property.

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she
shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should
come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being
that close to her house.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

Cut and paste. You that Aussie nut?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 07:28:22 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

on 6/28/2020, Jake56 supposed :

wrote:

[...]

Only if she has had a lawyer write a request that he take down a
dangerous tree does she have a leg to stand on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

on 6/28/2020, Jake56 supposed :

wrote:

[...]

Surely I'm being totally and utterly negligent in allowing my property to be likely to damage hers? It's like parking my car at the top of a hill, facing towards somebody's house, and having a ****ty handbrake. If the car hits the house, it was my fault!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Does not compute. With 2 acres, you'd be way more than 30m away. 2 acres is huge.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Maybe he brought it over?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Our little cat never bothered anybody (outside of the house) as she
was virtually never out (The exception was the few times she let
herself out the patio door and sat in the sun for a few minutes un
till she was spooked by something and came tearing back in).
Daughter's cat NEVER goes outside, and if we get another it won't
either. Our old big cat liked going out, but seldom left our yard (and
NEVER climbed on anything)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

IF the neighbour's tree had dead branches etc and was made aware of
the problem, and the tree comes down on your house, their insurance
CAN be required to cover the damage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/28/2020, Jake56 supposed :

wrote:

[...]

No lawyer required - just a registered letter will do the job
(usually) as proof.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0mxyznb7wdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

But you arent legally responsible for the damage that
it does in a big storm if you don't. And in fact plenty
of jurisdictions don't allow you to trim trees like that.

Very easy to tell if it's high enough to hit a property.

But impossible to predict what might damage outside your
own property if bits come off in a big storm and that is much
more likely to happen than the entire tree falling over.

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she
shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should
come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being
that close to her house.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

on 6/28/2020, Jake56 supposed :

wrote:

[...]

She doesn't even if she had done that and it doesn't have to be written by a
lawyer either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0mx2svrjwdg98l@glass...
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:19:11 +0100, FromTheRafters

on 6/28/2020, Jake56 supposed :

wrote:

[...]

Legally, no. Same with your house and other stuff too.

It's like parking my car at the top of a hill, facing towards somebody's
house, and having a ****ty handbrake. If the car hits the house, it was
my fault!

Legally it isnt the same at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

He said too tall, not dead branches. And you don't have to make
them aware of dead branches to be able to claim for damaged
caused by the dead branch coming off in a big storm either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:35:10 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:37:37 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:48:47 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Does not compute. With 2 acres, you'd be way more than 30m away. 2 acres is huge.

An acre is 220 yards x 22 yards (at least that's how I remember it),
thus it would be quite easy to be 30 yards from a neighbour. OK, it
could be 70yds x 70yds but even then you can't be all that far from
the edge.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:21:51 +0100, Chris Green, the mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

An acre is 220 yards x 22 yards (at least that's how I remember it),

A troll is a troll, is a troll, is a troll, you troll-feeding senile asshole!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:21:51 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Does not compute. With 2 acres, you'd be way more than 30m away. 2 acres is huge.

An acre is 220 yards x 22 yards (at least that's how I remember it),
thus it would be quite easy to be 30 yards from a neighbour. OK, it
could be 70yds x 70yds but even then you can't be all that far from
the edge.

It was 2 acres quoted. That's 34 times the land I've got. And I'm 20 metres from my neighbour. Most people put their house in the middle of the land. Most people don't have long thin strips of land.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0myvsglnwdg98l@glass...

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Does not compute. With 2 acres, you'd be way more than 30m away. 2
acres is huge.

An acre is 220 yards x 22 yards (at least that's how I remember it),
thus it would be quite easy to be 30 yards from a neighbour. OK, it
could be 70yds x 70yds but even then you can't be all that far from
the edge.

It was 2 acres quoted. That's 34 times the land I've got.

Your problem.

And I'm 20 metres from my neighbour.

Your problem.

Most people put their house in the middle of the land.

Most don't with the larger blocks.

Most people don't have long thin strips of land.

Irrelevant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I only think in "old money". My property is 264 feet wide and
330 feet from front to back. The house is not on the center of the
property; it's in the northeast quadrant. Thus, one of my neighbors
is pretty close, and the other is much farther.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Does not compute. With 2 acres, you'd be way more than 30m away. 2 acres is huge.

An acre is 220 yards x 22 yards (at least that's how I remember it),
thus it would be quite easy to be 30 yards from a neighbour. OK, it
could be 70yds x 70yds but even then you can't be all that far from
the edge.

It was 2 acres quoted. That's 34 times the land I've got. And I'm 20 metres
from my neighbour. Most people put their house in the middle of the land.
Most people don't have long thin strips of land.

So even a perfectly square 2 acres is less than 100 yards by 100
yards. Exactly in the middle of that puts you only 50 yards from the
edge. Who has a perfectly square 2 acres and who puts their house
exactly in the middle?

We have a 9 acre plot, we're closer than 50 yards to a couple of houses.

--
Chris Green
·