Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it possible to convert an USB wire device to a bluetooth device?

Greetings:

I use a 3d input (www.3dconnexion.com) USB device and would like to
convert it to a wireless similar to bluetooth mouse or keyboard so I
can work away from the screen. Is there any bluetooth or radio
transmitter and receiver kit out there allow me to do this conversion?
If so, could someone please steer me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Frank

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings:

I use a 3d input (www.3dconnexion.com) USB device and would like to
convert it to a wireless similar to bluetooth mouse or keyboard so I
can work away from the screen. Is there any bluetooth or radio
transmitter and receiver kit out there allow me to do this conversion?
If so, could someone please steer me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Frank

There are plenty of devices available that convert a USB port on the
computer to a bluetooth port - they are called USB- blootooth dongles, but I
don't recall seeing any to make a remote USB device appear as a bluetooth
one. In general, these devices are intended to allow an item that is already
bluetooth equipped - such as a mobile phone or digital camera - to
communicate directly with the computer. Bear in mind also, that many remote
USB devices pick up their power from the USB port on the computer, via the
USB cable, so if you break that physical connection by putting in a wireless
link, you may have powering issues for your remote device. Also, if you
could find a bluetooth converter for the remote end, being an active device,
it would also require power.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thank you for your comments and insight thought arfa.

I think it's hopeless for me then.

On Nov 30, 4:12 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

[...]

Purpose of device??? Ken Electronics Repair 6 September 16th 06 04:06 PM
Device name? Bill Kehm Metalworking 6 February 6th 06 09:55 PM
Device name clarification Bill Kehm Metalworking 1 February 5th 06 10:01 AM
Retaining device Steve Broughton UK diy 9 May 31st 04 11:08 AM