Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default What is this device?

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

can we see the end of it ? ...
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:15:40 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

FLUSH the abnormal sociopathic attention whore's latest idiotic,
attention-baiting sick bull**** unread again

--
about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:20:47 +0100, Dim GM4DHJ ... the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

can we see the end of it ? ...

Can we soon see the end of your and his endless bull****ting, troll-feeding
senile asshole?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLES Alert!

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered:

Ask your neighbour?

Why SHOULD he, when he can have endless fun trolling all you senile idiots
on these groups? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

That looks like either:

1. A directional external 4g antenna for a 4g internet router.....

2. A Wi-fi directional antenna to pick up the Wifi from the main house
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:15:40 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

WiFi antenna? Does he have cameras there too?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLS Alert! LOL

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:37:40 +0100, No Name, yet another mentally challenged
troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE, blathered:

That looks like either:

Nope, troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE, it looks like a TROLL! Just HOW senile
are you? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my
neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

Ask your neighbour?

Too easy, were's the fun in that?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:20:47 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

can we see the end of it ? ...

Not without trespassing in his garden.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:37:40 +0100, No Name wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

That looks like either:

1. A directional external 4g antenna for a 4g internet router.....

2. A Wi-fi directional antenna to pick up the Wifi from the main house

But why would he install it outside instead of inside the shed in the dry? The wooden wall of a shed is not going to block much signal.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

WiFi antenna?

Out in the rain instead of inside the dry shed?

Does he have cameras there too?

I've never seen any security cameras.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

Ask your neighbour?

The response would be "mind your own ****ing business".

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Have you tried asking them? That is what I'd do.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0mrwojoqwdg98l@glass...
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote

Can you identify this device?

Not possible, its such a lousy photo, doesn't sown the outer end.

It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0mr7f9jxwdg98l@glass...
wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

That looks like either:

1. A directional external 4g antenna for a 4g internet router.....

2. A Wi-fi directional antenna to pick up the Wifi from the main house

But why would he install it outside instead of inside the shed in the dry?

He may not have thought of that and the mount isnt really that
suitable for internal mounting and it may well be waterproof anyway.

The wooden wall of a shed is not going to block much signal.

Depends on whether it has foil insulation inside. My mate had
his son's house next door to his house and we attempted to
share his son's broadband that way but the foil insulation in
the walls means that the antenna has to be outside.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Blind Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:13:32 +0100, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

Have you tried asking them? That is what I'd do.
Brainless & Daft

Have you ever tried NOT to feed the troll whenever he wants to be fed by one
of you senile idiots infesting these groups, you senile blind cretin?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 05:22:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 05:31:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2020 20:09, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

Ask your neighbour?

The response would be "mind your own ****ing business".

Twist it so that it points up in the air and see what happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

The bracket is designed to take two flat bottomed U bolts for mast fixing.

That sort of plastic bracketry is very vulnerable to a knock from a
ladder or a ball.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:34:50 +0100, Andrew, the notorious, troll-feeding
senile moron, blathered again:

Twist it so that it points up in the air and see what happens.

Hard to tell who is more twisted, the sociopathic troll or you, the brain
dead, troll-feeeding, senile asshole!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:42:14 +0100, williamwright, yet another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered:

The bracket is designed to take two flat bottomed U bolts for mast fixing.

That sort of plastic bracketry is very vulnerable to a knock from a
ladder or a ball.

Bill

Yet another senile ASSHOLE who doesn't get what's going on here! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 6/25/20 11:15 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

As it's on a shed, looks to me like the type of point-to-point outdoor
antenna used to extend the main house's WiFi to the shed, which may be
out of range, or too weak, to try with usual laptop builtin antenna.

Is there a similar one on the main house ?

One place I worked had such a setup between 2 buildings. Cheaper than
getting a second drop from the cable co.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 17:13:18 -0400, "Retarded, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

As it's on a shed, looks to me like

You have no problem with looking like a troll-feeding, senile, total
asshole, "Retarded? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2020 22:35, Peeler wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 17:13:18 -0400, "Retarded, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

As it's on a shed, looks to me like

You have no problem with looking like a troll-feeding, senile, total
asshole, "Retarded? BG

https://ibb.co/yFXp6cq
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:15:40 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

If you really want to get into this, but a drone for 50 to 100 dollars
and I'm sure, after practicing quite a while in a wide open field, you
can get a perspective where you see the whole thing while the drone is
over your land.

I was going to do that to ispect my roof, but a kindly roofer took
pictures of it for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 09:30:00 -0400, micky, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, blathered:

If you really want to get into this,

He REALLY wants to get as much feedback from you troll-feeding senile arses
as he can get! Can you get that into your stupid senile head, troll-feeding
asshole?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:38:09 +0100, Richard wrote:

On 25/06/2020 22:42, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:34:50 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Twist it so that it points up in the air and see what happens.

;-)

Some (otherwise) good next-door-neighbours had some metal tubular wind
chimes out the back of their house and if they were out and it was
windy, I would tie them up to silence them.

They couldn't really complain because 1) I could do it from my garden,
2) they weren't there to 'enjoy' them and 3) I considered it noise
pollution.

How they / anyone would want anything like that, especially if they
had Tinnitus (as I do) baffles me.

I wouldn't have them *because* I wouldn't want to risk annoying the
neighbours. ?

It's different if I'm using the AG on something outside the workshop
because that's me doing something practical and I won't be doing it
outside reasonable hours or every day (or if they were out in the back
garden themselves having a BBQ or had the washing out etc).

Don't much want to control everyone else do you?
Obviously *your* needs are paramount.

You find it acceptable to make a noise all through the night? My neighbour used to have those things, I didn't have to touch them, a very strong wind smashed them up 2 weeks after she bought them. My other neighbour had set up a large canopy to sit under in the garden, and the same wind picked it up and blew it right over my fence and narrowly missed 2 ornaments. He came round to ask for it back, so I handed him the bent out of shape broken bits of steel and torn canvas, then reminded him that there could have been a £60 bill for two ornaments. His next construction was more stable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:24:17 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:38:09 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Don't much want to control everyone else do you?

Nope, I don't want any ... but unfortunately there are some that are
antisocial and so they will need controlling and there are systems in
place to do so.

Obviously *your* needs are paramount.

Only obvious to you because you are still completely wrong (of
course).

What's your best tip to get revenge on someone using a wood burning stove? I could aim my jetwash into the chimney and flood the living room....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Commander Kinsey wrote:

What's your best tip to get revenge on someone using a wood burning stove?

Lol. I've got someone nearby that uses a wood burning stove on
cold nights. On calm nights or almost calm and I'm downwind, the
outside air will choke you from that damn smoke.

Best revenge: Silently put up a ladder to the roof and put
a heavy blanket over the chimney. Saw that one on "Gunsmoke."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Not on speaking terms.

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:13:32 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Have you tried asking them? That is what I'd do.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:01:49 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:09:26 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:03:34 +0100, G r o g wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0
Ask your neighbour?

The response would be "mind your own ****ing business".

I wonder why a neighbour would respond in such a way ... sounds like
you have a really good relationship with them?

Would you have a good relationship with a neighbour who has parties at 3am with his drunken wife cackling loud enough to go through your closed double glazing? Or a jacuzzi that runs 24/7 with a busted motor making it sound like a diesel engine?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:42:14 +0100, williamwright wrote:

On 25/06/2020 16:15, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

The bracket is designed to take two flat bottomed U bolts for mast fixing.

That sort of plastic bracketry is very vulnerable to a knock from a
ladder or a ball.

Considering the number of balls that come over the fence, it won't be long before it's broken off then.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:13:18 +0100, wrote:

On 6/25/20 11:15 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's
garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

As it's on a shed, looks to me like the type of point-to-point outdoor
antenna used to extend the main house's WiFi to the shed, which may be
out of range, or too weak, to try with usual laptop builtin antenna.

Is there a similar one on the main house ?

One place I worked had such a setup between 2 buildings. Cheaper than
getting a second drop from the cable co.

I can't see anything on the house. Maybe it just picks up the house's main wifi? And being larger or more powerful than the laptop aerial, it can do so.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Kinsey" wrote:

Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwbgculoc...evice.jpg?dl=0

If you really want to get into this, but a drone for 50 to 100 dollars
and I'm sure, after practicing quite a while in a wide open field, you
can get a perspective where you see the whole thing while the drone is
over your land.

I was going to do that to ispect my roof, but a kindly roofer took
pictures of it for me.

Can't you just walk up the roof? In fact that's a good way of peeking into neighbours' gardens while pretending you're fixing tiles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 09:49:03 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 00:50:58 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:24:17 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:38:09 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Don't much want to control everyone else do you?

Nope, I don't want any ... but unfortunately there are some that are
antisocial and so they will need controlling and there are systems in
place to do so.

Obviously *your* needs are paramount.

Only obvious to you because you are still completely wrong (of
course).

What's your best tip to get revenge on someone using a wood burning stove? I could aim my jetwash into the chimney and flood the living room....

How were you supposed to know the jetwash fluid was flammable? ;-(

Excellent idea. Do you want credit for it in the police report?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:32:51 +0100, Gary wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:

What's your best tip to get revenge on someone using a wood burning stove?

Lol. I've got someone nearby that uses a wood burning stove on
cold nights. On calm nights or almost calm and I'm downwind, the
outside air will choke you from that damn smoke.

Best revenge: Silently put up a ladder to the roof and put
a heavy blanket over the chimney. Saw that one on "Gunsmoke."

ROFL!

I don't get why anyone has them. There's a mains gas supply here. So much more controllable than lighting a bloody fire. It's not as if they're cheaper, unless they're burning scrap wood contianing paint and varnish, which I think he is judging by the smell. It's forbidden. Once the council catch him in the act (they've told me to call them next time it's lit), the device will be removed.