Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default What is this device?

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:38:09 +0100, Richard wrote:

On 25/06/2020 22:42, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:34:50 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Twist it so that it points up in the air and see what happens.

;-)

Some (otherwise) good next-door-neighbours had some metal tubular wind
chimes out the back of their house and if they were out and it was
windy, I would tie them up to silence them.

They couldn't really complain because 1) I could do it from my garden,
2) they weren't there to 'enjoy' them and 3) I considered it noise
pollution.

How they / anyone would want anything like that, especially if they
had Tinnitus (as I do) baffles me.

I wouldn't have them *because* I wouldn't want to risk annoying the
neighbours. ?

It's different if I'm using the AG on something outside the workshop
because that's me doing something practical and I won't be doing it
outside reasonable hours or every day (or if they were out in the back
garden themselves having a BBQ or had the washing out etc).

Don't much want to control everyone else do you?
Obviously *your* needs are paramount.

You find it acceptable to make a noise all through the night? My neighbour used to have those things, I didn't have to touch them, a very strong wind smashed them up 2 weeks after she bought them. My other neighbour had set up a large canopy to sit under in the garden, and the same wind picked it up and blew it right over my fence and narrowly missed 2 ornaments. He came round to ask for it back, so I handed him the bent out of shape broken bits of steel and torn canvas, then reminded him that there could have been a £60 bill for two ornaments. His next construction was more stable.