Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default What is this device?

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:18:09 +0100, Jake56 wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0mxqjszawdg98l@glass...
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:46:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 20:36:45 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

And if something of yours had got broken, you might be advised to
claim off *your* insurance? Not everyone get's the 'sorry, my fault,
let me sort that out for you' ethic.

When a car crashes into mine, their insurance pays, not mine!

Who was talking about cars?

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up.

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless
you have been negligent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of...80%93_Scotland

Since god or nature cannot possibly pay up, then yeah, obviously. But if it's due to a person doing something wrong, then of course they should pay.

If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she shouldn't
expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should come
from me or my insurance.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being that close to her house.