Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won't be interested of course

On 12/19/2019 6:23 AM, Bod wrote:
On 19/12/2019 10:44, Jack wrote:
On 12/19/19 4:12 AM, Bod wrote:
On 19/12/2019 07:57, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 05:25:33 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 23:52,
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:55 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 16:50,
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:23:44 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 15:02, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,

says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents.Â* Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

Part of the problem is they lump gang disputes after hours near a
school as a school shooting. When you look at the actual numbers of
what these people fear, it is a pretty remote thing. The kids do have
a higher chance of being killed walking to school or riding with Mom
in a traffic accident.

Ok, but why then do US schools have armed guards. No school in the UK
has one.

They have cops there and by definition US cops are armed.

Eh!!!?

It may be shocking to a UK guy but our cops are always armed and some
are obscenely well armed.Â* (automatic weapons, destructive devices and
armored vehicles)

Â* It IS shocking to us. The cops must be in fear all of the time.
When I drove in the US I had to keep reminding myself that if I got stopped by the cops that I must stay in my car and keep my hands visible and keep still.
In the UK you can get out of your car before the cops do and have your hands in your pockets whilst walking towards them and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. They certainly wouldn't think you possibly had a gun in your pocket. I know because I've done it
when I got randomly stopped once.

The problem in the US is that the crybaby libtards went soft on crime and eliminated the death penalty so now we got violent repeat offenders roaming the streets.Â* We need to bring back the death penalty because once a criminal stops breathing, the
recidivism problem goes away.

The UK doesn't execute people and I agree with that.

Even for the sick perps throwing acid?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_attack

"The UK has one of the highest rates of acid attacks per capita in the world, according to Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI). In 2016 there were over 601 acid attacks in the UK based on ASTI figures, and 67% of the victims were male, but
statistics from ASTI suggest that 80% of victims worldwide are women."

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/12/2019 11:56, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 12/19/2019 6:23 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:55 +0000, Bod
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

None have died.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 11:51:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

Part of the problem is they lump gang disputes after hours near a
school as a school shooting. When you look at the actual numbers of
what these people fear, it is a pretty remote thing. The kids do have
a higher chance of being killed walking to school or riding with Mom
in a traffic accident.

Humans are just really bad at estimating the probability of an event, much better at imagining the horrible consequences. So we make bad decisions all the time. We respond to what we fear rather than what can harm us.

Every year in the US, guns kill roughly 14,000 by homicide and 22,000 by suicide.

Assault style rifles account for just under .25% of the homicide and .1% of the suicide. So the very first measure to be recommended is to ban these weapons. Why? Because as a nation we fear those guns more, even though they do less harm.

There are two things we could do to start bringing homicide rates down: legalize drugs, ban capital punishment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

They want you to stay in the car for your safety. Especially on the
highway when cars are passing by at 70 mph. There have been many
accidents with cars stopped both by breakdown or police. Often, the
police will approach the car from the passenger side to stay away from
passing traffic.

There has also been some drivers with weapons too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:37:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/18/2019 5:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Look here Lefty, the gun is only the proximate cause. The real cause is
that there are so many deranged *male* teens in the US willing to
actually murder someone. Why? I never had those thoughts back in school.

So what is causing this insane behavior? Is it a drug reaction?
Vitamin/mineral deficiency? Pesticide residue? Gut biome out of whack?
Lack of proper parenting? Genetic defect? Were these kids damaged by a
doper mom while still in the womb? We need to figure out WTF is going
on and then fix the real problem.

In the mean time, keep your lefty fingers off my collection.

Sure. we should do whatever we can to understand what causes people
to kill and take steps that we can to prevent it. But that does not
mean that it's OK for states like FL to have lax gun laws, where a
trouble maker that is known to the local police can just walk into
a store and buy whatever guns they please. If FL had a reasonable permit
process, like many other states do, where a permit issued by the local
police is required for each gun purchase, that would have stopped Cruz,
the Parkland school murderer from walking into Dicks and buying his guns.
A permit process where the LOCAL POLICE, who are in the best position to
have information from all sources on the applicant, can make the decision
whether to issue a permit or not. Though Cruz had committed no felonies,
not even been arrested, there was plenty in his file that the local police
knew about, including 21 visits to the house for trouble and that he was
under treatment for mental problems. And what's your problem with that?
You need your gun purchases like your Bud and cigarettes? You decide
this minute that you want some, have to have them right now, can't wait
for the local police to process a permit to buy?

This is something we can do today. It's not clear what can be done about
all the behavioral issues you listed. But I gave you my plan. When you
have a plan for that list of questionable things, I'd be happy to see it.

Both are needed. Guns are probably easier to control.

I don't know if there is any conclusive studies, but a combination of
things had made deadly conditions. Some kids think we are living in a
video game with no lasting consequences. There is the copycat factor
too. Back in our time we did not hear of bad things happening far away
but with 24 hour news looking to fill time, we have internet and social
media and you are cool if you get something out there for others to see.
Hey, I can top that!

I don't see a quick end to it all.

The internet has also made it very easy for whackos to find other whackos
and extremists that agree with their hatred and crazy ideas. Thirty
years ago, I suppose you could subscribe to some nutty newsletters from
extremists and hate mongers, but today there are numerous and at your
fingertips. It's also killing our democracy, as more and more of the
public is choosing to believe crazy BS conspiracy nonsense, including
sadly our president.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 2:56:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 05:02:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 20:44, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 11:13:52 -0500, Bob wrote:

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

There's your "yes but" bull**** defense again.
Yhe UK is not having weekly deadly attacks on multiple school children
in their schools - whether by gun, acid, knife or sarin gas doesn't
matter. It is a DISEASE in the USA - and sadly, GUNS, and in
particular automatic "assault" weapons which have NO legitimate use -
they are not hunting rifles - they are designed for one purpose, and
one purpose only - to kill people

Well put.

The "weekly attacks" are thugs in school being thugs. Some of our
schools are in combat zones. Kids in school and people outside those
schools carry guns and shoot each other.

As if that's acceptable and normal.

That is why you hear the
details of a shooting every year or two but they say we have one a
week. They don't want to get into the details of the others. It might
sound racist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 16:50, wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:23:44 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 15:02, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,

says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

Part of the problem is they lump gang disputes after hours near a
school as a school shooting. When you look at the actual numbers of
what these people fear, it is a pretty remote thing. The kids do have
a higher chance of being killed walking to school or riding with Mom
in a traffic accident.

Ok, but why then do US schools have armed guards. No school in the UK

has one.

They have cops there and by definition US cops are armed.

Yes, we have cops at many schools today, because sadly that's become
necessary and the new normal. Just a decade ago, only a small subset
of schools had any cops, ie those that were in crime ridden, inner
cities. Now many schools all across America have them.

This is like the Trump method. Lead things in the wrong direction,
lower the standards of everything, and then make that the new normal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

roaming the streets. We need to bring back the death penalty because
once a criminal stops breathing, the recidivism problem goes away.

Nonsense. Every mass shooter I can think of has had no felony record
at all, let alone for any capital offense. And typically the mass shooting
is their first violent offense. Thanks for representing for the gun nuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 10:32:11 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
[...]

Talk about imagining things, how in the world do you drag deaths from
capital punishment into this? First you claim that assault weapons account
for a very low number, then you cite executions for capital offenses,
which is a very small number and totally irrelevant, as something that
would bring the number down. Wow.

What we desperately need is a uniform, reasonable permit process for gun
purchases across the whole US. Similar to what many states already have.
The local police chief issues the permit, after a real background check
that includes pulling all available police files from the local to national
level, checking with employers, references, with your school if you are
a recent graduate. And then the permit can be denied if you are an
alcoholic, drug user, have a criminal record, mental problems, where
the police chief finds that it would not be in the interest of public
safety. Now that would have stopped Cruz from walking into Dicks and
buying his guns. It likely would have stopped the recent Ohio shooter
from legally buying his gun too and many others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 1:11:26 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/18/2019 12:30 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Yeah, well, people die from cancer and fires too. Following that bizarre
logic, we shouldn't take simple measures to reduce needless deaths where we can.
The car accident case is a bad example, because we have passed new laws,
used new enforcement techniques and substantially reduced the deaths
and accidents from drunk driving. That plus safer cars have lowered the
accident rate. Time to do the same with guns.

Rate and numbers just slightly in the last 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...ty_rate_in_U.S.
_by_year

Still slightly over 100 dead each day on the roads on the average.

The rate is important to consider too.
Progress 1.58 in 1998 to 1.13 in 2018.
5.32. From the start of statistics it came down from 24.09

Factor in the law of diminishing returns, we've done well and are
getting better. How many school shootings did you hear about in 1958?
I don't think we've done as well there.

+1

I've said many times the auto example is a good one. We didn't throw up
our hands and say, well, more people die from cancer, no need to do anything.
And reasonable measures have brought the auto death rates down. The
campaign on drunk driving is a good example. With better laws and
enforcement, deaths from drunk driving have declined significantly.
Fifty years ago, the idea of someone driving drunk wasn't really taken
seriously it is. Also note that just like with any new gun control,
we all know that we will never stop ALL drunks driving, but we still
have saved lives with reasonable measures. It's time to do the same
with guns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/12/2019 15:32, TimR wrote:
[...]

I agree with those two statements.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 08:02:12 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

What we desperately need is a uniform, reasonable permit process for gun
purchases across the whole US. Similar to what many states already have.
The local police chief issues the permit, after a real background check
that includes pulling all available police files from the local to national
level, checking with employers, references, with your school if you are
a recent graduate. And then the permit can be denied if you are an
alcoholic, drug user, have a criminal record, mental problems, where
the police chief finds that it would not be in the interest of public
safety.

IAWTP.
Sociopaths(that includes many that post here) should have
their guns taken from them. Even if they are "pried from their cold
dead hands" - as they often like to say in moments of drunken
"machismo".**
Sociopaths -1 : Normal People +1
The murder rate would plummet.
[]'s

PS **Real scenario= Old men with their pants soiled back and front
with fear handing over their guns while trembling uncontrollably. And
saying "sorry, I forgot I had guns" over and over again, as if that
was an excuse for breaking the law.
Of course, gangland would have a lot of casualties. None
anybody would care about. Call it "collateral damage".
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/19 11:55 AM, Shadow wrote:
IAWTP.
Sociopaths(that includes many that post here) should have
their guns taken from them. Even if they are "pried from their cold
dead hands" - as they often like to say in moments of drunken
"machismo".**
Sociopaths -1 : Normal People +1
The murder rate would plummet.
[]'s

PS **Real scenario= Old men with their pants soiled back and front
with fear handing over their guns while trembling uncontrollably. And
saying "sorry, I forgot I had guns" over and over again, as if that
was an excuse for breaking the law.
Of course, gangland would have a lot of casualties. None
anybody would care about. Call it "collateral damage".
-- Don't be evil - Google 2004 We have a new policy - Google 2012

Ah, so you're afraid of guns and the boogeymen at google.

If it wasn't for armed US citizens, the USA would still be the UK's
bitch. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/19 11:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

If you do some research on refined carbohydrates, insulin levels and
coronary artery disease you'll discover that you could be saving tens of
millions of people instead of just a few thousand gunshot victims.

FWIW, most of the gunshot victims are jugs street thugs anyway...so who
cares?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

So it has to be a mass shooting to matter? What's the magic number
before it matters?

And are you the same trader_4 that was recently ranting about the
illegal alien (with a police record as long as his arm) that killed Kate
Steinle?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-found-n823351

Or maybe it was Bambi Larson?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...-womans-murder

And if each of these victims had been packing some heat, the outcome
would likely have been different.

And maybe if the libtard justice system stopped releasing criminals back
out onto the streets, maybe citizens wouldn't need guns?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:05:35 -0500, snowflake
wrote:

On 12/19/19 11:55 AM, Shadow wrote:
IAWTP.
Sociopaths(that includes many that post here) should have
their guns taken from them. Even if they are "pried from their cold
dead hands" - as they often like to say in moments of drunken
"machismo".**
Sociopaths -1 : Normal People +1
The murder rate would plummet.
[]'s

PS **Real scenario= Old men with their pants soiled back and front
with fear handing over their guns while trembling uncontrollably. And
saying "sorry, I forgot I had guns" over and over again, as if that
was an excuse for breaking the law.
Of course, gangland would have a lot of casualties. None
anybody would care about. Call it "collateral damage".

Ah, so you're afraid of guns

No, I did my psych test(renewable every 5 years), my safety
training (mandatory in Brazil) and I own various.
There is NO reason why a safety conscious, law-abiding sane
citizen should not own a gun.
OTOH only a psychopath would defend the notion that a
sociopath should have the same rights.
HTH
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:30:32 -0500, devnull wrote:

FWIW, most of the gunshot victims are jugs street thugs anyway...so who
cares?

Normal people care. I assume that by "most" you mean "not
all", and include all the mass shooting, robbery and non gang-related
victims? Who doesn't care about them?
You just failed the psych test. GratZ.
[]'s

PS When the police come for your guns, use diapers. Less mess
for the social workers to clean up.
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

are obscenely well armed. (automatic weapons, destructive devices and
armored vehicles)

It IS shocking to us. The cops must be in fear all of the time.

When I drove in the US I had to keep reminding myself that if I got
stopped by the cops that I must stay in my car and keep my hands visible
and keep still.
In the UK you can get out of your car before the cops do and have your
hands in your pockets whilst walking towards them and they wouldn't bat
an eyelid. They certainly wouldn't think you possibly had a gun in your
pocket. I know because I've done it when I got randomly stopped once.

I bet you haven't had 115 cops killed in the line this year either.
(more than the last 7 years in Iraq)
We have a whole different class of criminals here. This is not the UK.
Unfortunately in a lot of inner city schools the criminality starts
pretty young. Of the 45 "school shootings" Zoe is talking about, most
involved some other criminal activity. That is why we never heard
about it until they rolled it up in a yearly statistic. Two drug gangs
beefing over territory is not news. Nor is one kid killing another
because he is wearing the wrong color bandanna.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

schools carry guns and shoot each other. That is why you hear the
details of a shooting every year or two but they say we have one a
week. They don't want to get into the details of the others. It might
sound racist.

Not as "racist" as your vague accusatorial response. Part of the
"desease" is the teriible discrepancy between rich and poor in the USA
- and the almost institutional atempts to keep it that way. Not just
financially either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:23:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The problem with the death penalty in the USA was that it was a way
to reduce the non-white population. Didn't matter if you were guilty
or not - if you were non-white and accused you were as good as dead,
Not saying no innocent whites were terminated - but the weighting was
pretty obvious. Dead innocent convicts are still dead - and still
innocent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2019 6:23 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:55 +0000, Bod
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

offenders roaming the streets.* We need to bring back the death
penalty because once a criminal stops breathing, the recidivism
problem goes away.

The UK doesn't execute people and I agree with that.

Even for the sick perps throwing acid?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_attack

"The UK has one of the highest rates of acid attacks per capita in the
world, according to Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI). In 2016
there were over 601 acid attacks in the UK based on ASTI figures, and
67% of the victims were male, but statistics from ASTI suggest that 80%
of victims worldwide are women."

None have died.

Some may have wished they had, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Very true and that's sad.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2019 6:23 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:55 +0000, Bod
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Probably, but what an evil thing to do to someone. Sad examples of

human beings.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Crime is a problem in general for some neighborhoods and some
demographics. In Ft Myers it was announced that virtually all of the
murders occurred in an area where 1% of the population lives. We seem
to have a problem dealing with that but it doesn't mean we have to
restrict the rights of the 99% because 1% can't stop being savages.

That is why you hear the
details of a shooting every year or two but they say we have one a
week. They don't want to get into the details of the others. It might
sound racist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In the last couple decades they kill more white people than black.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

True
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/2014_Gini_Index_World_Map%2C_income_inequality_dis tribution_by_country_per_World_Bank.svg

Old data, it's got worse with Trump's "politics".
The lower the number, the poorer the majority are in
comparison with the top 1%.
To the semi literate = GREEN is acceptable.
Any other color is not.
Kudos to Canada.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:23:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/12/2019 10:44, Jack wrote:
On 12/19/19 4:12 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Only fair since there are STILL more "honkeys" in the U.S.A. than
"brotha's" and Hispanics combined.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The goal of socialism is to make everyone equally poor and dependant
on the government. Cuba should be your role model but I see they were
not rated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:23:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/12/2019 10:44, Jack wrote:
On 12/19/19 4:12 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Those minorities still end up committing most of the murders, at a
rate of about 6 to one by percentage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Yes, I know. You need to be able to buy your guns, just like you buy
your Bud and cigarettes. Just walk in and buy whatever you want,
no matter if you're being treated for mental illness, have ten arrests
or are a drug addict. No time for a permit process to check any of
that, it has to be just like buying beer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Please cite for us these almost institutional attempts to keep the poor,
poor. Only thing I can think of is the welfare state, that makes it
more comfortable to not work and act irresponsibly. Funny how immigrants
like the Vietnamese that fled Vietnam and came here with nothing, in
just a few years were productive and moving on up. No institution
stopped them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 1:07:48 PM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:30:32 -0500, devnull wrote:

FWIW, most of the gunshot victims are jugs street thugs anyway...so who
cares?

Normal people care. I assume that by "most" you mean "not
all", and include all the mass shooting, robbery and non gang-related
victims? Who doesn't care about them?
You just failed the psych test. GratZ.

It's sadly typical for a trumptard. They pretend that minorities just shoot
each other, so it doesn't matter. They ignore that many of those minorities
are just innocent bystanders, hit by mistake or someone that's targeted
because some gangbanger thinks they looked at them the wrong way. If it
were their families, they would perhaps think differently.

[]'s

PS When the police come for your guns, use diapers. Less mess
for the social workers to clean up.
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Since most of the murders are by people who don't buy their guns from
a dealer, I am not sure what your law does. The ones who do these mass
shootings have no problem passing background checks. You just said
that a day or so ago yourself.
Your fantasy that the local cops can violate HIPAA is ludicrous and
your "Dicks" story is bull****. Cruz did not get his AR from Dick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

We were discussing mass shootings. And I never said that shootings of just
one, two, three people don't matter. Maybe you have me confused with Fretwell.

And are you the same trader_4 that was recently ranting about the
illegal alien (with a police record as long as his arm) that killed Kate
Steinle?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-found-n823351

Or maybe it was Bambi Larson?

And if each of these victims had been packing some heat, the outcome
would likely have been different.

Again, we were discussing mass shootings, here you're talking about individual
murders and one of the two was using a knife. So, IDK what your point is.
Steinle could have been armed, it would have made ZERO difference. She
never saw the perp, nor was she the target. The bullet ricocheted off
the pavement and struck her. Larson, sure, maybe if she was armed the outcome
could be different. But statistics also show that if she did have guns in
the house, it's also possible that some innocent person would have been
shot, eg shooting a friend who's climbing in a window, child getting the
gun, etc. I have no problem with people having guns. The issue is that
in order to buy one legally, you should have to go through a reasonable
permit process, where you apply to the local police and they do a real
background check that includes looking at all police files from local
to federal, checking with your employer, references, schools if you are
a recent graduate, before making a decision to issue the permit. I really
don't understand how conservatives can have a problem with that. It's
already in place and working in some states.

And maybe if the libtard justice system stopped releasing criminals back
out onto the streets, maybe citizens wouldn't need guns?

No argument from me there. The two you reference above should have been
in prison, then deported following their first crimes. And we need Kate's
LAw, to provide for a mandatory 5 year sentence for criminal illegal aliens,
that once deported, illegally re-enter again. Someone should ask McConnell
why he refused to bring that up for a vote in the Senate. The House
passed it, that scum bucket buried it. The only reasonable reason I can
see is that he was looking out for some of his Democrat pals who did not
want to be put on record, having to vote on it. And where is your super
hero Trump on this? When the GOP had control of Congress, why didn't
loud mouth champion that and get it passed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The "institution" was HHS and the Johnson "Great Society" programs
that made welfare pay better than working, as long as you didn't live
with your baby daddy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

And yet the highest standard of living is in ... socialist
countries. Look up HDI. Best schools, security, healthcare, pensions,
salaries, freedom etc for the majority of the population (try to
forget the top 1%, I know you love Bill Gates, Trump, Jeff Bezos etc,
but they are NOT the average citizen).

Cuba should be your role model but I see they were not rated.

Cuba is a dictatorship. Dictatorships don't have "wings", they
have dictators.

//When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is
a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence//
[]'s