Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:37:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/18/2019 5:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Look here Lefty, the gun is only the proximate cause. The real cause is
that there are so many deranged *male* teens in the US willing to
actually murder someone. Why? I never had those thoughts back in school.

So what is causing this insane behavior? Is it a drug reaction?
Vitamin/mineral deficiency? Pesticide residue? Gut biome out of whack?
Lack of proper parenting? Genetic defect? Were these kids damaged by a
doper mom while still in the womb? We need to figure out WTF is going
on and then fix the real problem.

In the mean time, keep your lefty fingers off my collection.

Sure. we should do whatever we can to understand what causes people
to kill and take steps that we can to prevent it. But that does not
mean that it's OK for states like FL to have lax gun laws, where a
trouble maker that is known to the local police can just walk into
a store and buy whatever guns they please. If FL had a reasonable permit
process, like many other states do, where a permit issued by the local
police is required for each gun purchase, that would have stopped Cruz,
the Parkland school murderer from walking into Dicks and buying his guns.
A permit process where the LOCAL POLICE, who are in the best position to
have information from all sources on the applicant, can make the decision
whether to issue a permit or not. Though Cruz had committed no felonies,
not even been arrested, there was plenty in his file that the local police
knew about, including 21 visits to the house for trouble and that he was
under treatment for mental problems. And what's your problem with that?
You need your gun purchases like your Bud and cigarettes? You decide
this minute that you want some, have to have them right now, can't wait
for the local police to process a permit to buy?

This is something we can do today. It's not clear what can be done about
all the behavioral issues you listed. But I gave you my plan. When you
have a plan for that list of questionable things, I'd be happy to see it.

Both are needed. Guns are probably easier to control.

I don't know if there is any conclusive studies, but a combination of
things had made deadly conditions. Some kids think we are living in a
video game with no lasting consequences. There is the copycat factor
too. Back in our time we did not hear of bad things happening far away
but with 24 hour news looking to fill time, we have internet and social
media and you are cool if you get something out there for others to see.
Hey, I can top that!

I don't see a quick end to it all.

The internet has also made it very easy for whackos to find other whackos
and extremists that agree with their hatred and crazy ideas. Thirty
years ago, I suppose you could subscribe to some nutty newsletters from
extremists and hate mongers, but today there are numerous and at your
fingertips. It's also killing our democracy, as more and more of the
public is choosing to believe crazy BS conspiracy nonsense, including
sadly our president.