Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won't beinterested of course

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 15:02, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be

horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:23:44 +0000, Bod wrote:

[...]

Part of the problem is they lump gang disputes after hours near a
school as a school shooting. When you look at the actual numbers of
what these people fear, it is a pretty remote thing. The kids do have
a higher chance of being killed walking to school or riding with Mom
in a traffic accident.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 16:50, wrote:
[...]

Ok, but why then do US schools have armed guards. No school in the UK

has one.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 10:02:22 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Yeah, well, people die from cancer and fires too. Following that bizarre
logic, we shouldn't take simple measures to reduce needless deaths where we can.
The car accident case is a bad example, because we have passed new laws,
used new enforcement techniques and substantially reduced the deaths
and accidents from drunk driving. That plus safer cars have lowered the
accident rate. Time to do the same with guns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 11:13:58 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

Thanks for representing for the ignorant gun nuts. The number of people
dead from acid attacks? Zero. The total number that have been
injured in the UK is about what we have in persons shot in just one
holiday weekend here in Chicago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 11:51:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

More lame attempts at diversion. Wake up. We have a serious gun problem
here, no matter how you count it.

When you look at the actual numbers of
what these people fear, it is a pretty remote thing. The kids do have
a higher chance of being killed walking to school or riding with Mom
in a traffic accident.

Sure, so let;s ignore it, like your state does. With all the dead after
Parkland, Orlando, still no permit process with a real background check
before you can walk into a store and buy whatever you want. Why?
Because gun nuts insist that's their right, that they have to be able
to buy guns on the spur of the moment, just like they buy their Bud
and cigarettes. They refuse to allow a permit process where the local
police do an actual background check, BEFORE someone can buy a gun.
And your brilliant governor, in the wake of all the dead kids, who made
all kinds of promises, what did he say last week after the Pensacola
shooting? "I didn't know that foreigners here with a visa could buy
a gun". He's a Republican and it;s guys like him that are standing
in the way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 10:23:51 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

It's not the whole US. As I've pointed out many times, many states do have
reasonable gun laws. Other states like FL have laws where a guy with a
troubled past, known to the local police to be trouble, can just walk in
to Dicks and buy whatever guns he wants, because they have no permit
process at all. Most important we need uniform laws across the whole US.
Right now 80% of the guns used in crimes in NJ come from out of state.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 17:22, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Ok, understood.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 17:30, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Yeah, well, people die from cancer and fires too. Following that bizarre
logic, we shouldn't take simple measures to reduce needless deaths where we can.
The car accident case is a bad example, because we have passed new laws,
used new enforcement techniques and substantially reduced the deaths
and accidents from drunk driving. That plus safer cars have lowered the
accident rate. Time to do the same with guns.

Rate and numbers just slightly in the last 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...ty_rate_in_U.S.
_by_year

Still slightly over 100 dead each day on the roads on the average.

Average Uk road deaths daily is 5. The US has 6 times our population,

so multiply 6x5 =30, so we have less than a third of road deaths per day
as the US.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2019 12:30 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Yeah, well, people die from cancer and fires too. Following that bizarre
logic, we shouldn't take simple measures to reduce needless deaths where we can.
The car accident case is a bad example, because we have passed new laws,
used new enforcement techniques and substantially reduced the deaths
and accidents from drunk driving. That plus safer cars have lowered the
accident rate. Time to do the same with guns.

Rate and numbers just slightly in the last 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...ty_rate_in_U.S.
_by_year

Still slightly over 100 dead each day on the roads on the average.

The rate is important to consider too.
Progress 1.58 in 1998 to 1.13 in 2018.
5.32. From the start of statistics it came down from 24.09

Factor in the law of diminishing returns, we've done well and are
getting better. How many school shootings did you hear about in 1958?
I don't think we've done as well there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2019 1:50 PM, Bod wrote:
On 18/12/2019 18:21, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Â* Average Uk road deaths daily is 5. The US has 6 times our population,
so multiply 6x5 =30, so we have less than a third of road deaths per day
as the US.

Numbers can be manulipulated in many ways.

The US has about 4,000,000 miles of roads.Â* England has 213,000 miles.
That is 18 times , so 18x5= 90.Â* Close enough.

Another way is that would be hard to find out is how many miles or the
ammount of time each country spends on the roads.

I have never been to England, so how many actually drive and how many
miles ?Â* The TV shows lots riding bikes. However in large cities in the
US many seem to ride subways and such.
In the area I live in there are some city busses,but out in the country
there is none, so most drive.

As you say, all that is hard to quantify.

What I know of the UK is that most live in cluster or town houses very
close together. We have that too in the cities but our suburbs are much
larger with mostly single family homes. Think it is the same for the
rest of Europe.

My last visitor from the UK ran around my house taking pictures of the
house and grounds. I took him to my shooting club where he had a ball.
He had me take a picture of him shooting to show his wife and son. He
said his wife would hate it but his son would love it.

Most of the shooting deaths in the US are in the cities with drug
dealers shooting themselves up. You know how bad it is in Chicago and
gun laws are strict. The people shooting each other are largely those
not permitted to own guns.

These same drug dealers have cause od deaths to skyrocket with their
fentanyl lace heroine. Might mention that our past president was
pardoning them for committing victimless crimes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

Thanks for representing for the ignorant gun nuts. The number of people
dead from acid attacks? Zero. The total number that have been
injured in the UK is about what we have in persons shot in just one
holiday weekend here in Chicago.

Chicago is just drug dealers shooting other drug dealers. Think of it
as a cleansing of the gene pool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 2:32:58 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 12/18/2019 1:50 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

So the guns flow to Chicago from states that have lax gun laws.
In NJ, 80% of the guns used in crimes are traced to out of state.
Cousin Shawanna who lives in FL walks into a gun store and buys
all the guns she wants, she's not a felon. Would Shawanna go to the
local police dept and apply for a permit to buy 6 guns, knowing that
they are going to do a real background check?

These same drug dealers have cause od deaths to skyrocket with their
fentanyl lace heroine. Might mention that our past president was
pardoning them for committing victimless crimes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 19:32, Frank wrote:
On 12/18/2019 1:50 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Â* As you say, all that is hard to quantify.

What I know of the UK is that most live in cluster or town houses very
close together.Â* We have that too in the cities but our suburbs are much
larger with mostly single family homes.Â* Think it is the same for the
rest of Europe.

My last visitor from the UK ran around my house taking pictures of the
house and grounds.Â* I took him to my shooting club where he had a ball.
He had me take a picture of him shooting to show his wife and son.Â* He
said his wife would hate it but his son would love it.

Most of the shooting deaths in the US are in the cities with drug
dealers shooting themselves up.Â* You know how bad it is in Chicago and
gun laws are strict.Â* The people shooting each other are largely those
not permitted to own guns.

These same drug dealers have cause od deaths to skyrocket with their
fentanyl lace heroine.Â* Might mention that our past president was
pardoning them for committing victimless crimes.

I see.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

Thanks for representing for the ignorant gun nuts.Â* The number of people
dead from acid attacks?Â* Zero.Â* The total number that have been
injured in the UK is about what we have in persons shot in just one
holiday weekend here in Chicago.

Chicago is just drug dealers shooting other drug dealers.Â* Think of it
as a cleansing of the gene pool.

Ok, but it is perpetual because they breed.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:02:13 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

That too - but outright mass murder you will have to admit is more
shocking -
The "yes but" defence is bull**** and EVERY american - regardless of
their political stripe, KNOWS it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 11:13:52 -0500, Bob wrote:

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

There's your "yes but" bull**** defense again.
Yhe UK is not having weekly deadly attacks on multiple school children
in their schools - whether by gun, acid, knife or sarin gas doesn't
matter. It is a DISEASE in the USA - and sadly, GUNS, and in
particular automatic "assault" weapons which have NO legitimate use -
they are not hunting rifles - they are designed for one purpose, and
one purpose only - to kill people
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:55 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 16:50, wrote:
[...]

Because in the US they need them (or feel they do) while in the UK
they are the last thing in a parent's, or student's, or teacher's
mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-12-18, Clare Snyder wrote:
There's your "yes but" bull**** defense again.
Yhe UK is not having weekly deadly attacks on multiple school children
in their schools - whether by gun, acid, knife or sarin gas doesn't
matter.

Neither is Israel or Switzerland, both countries with armed citizens.

It is a DISEASE in the USA - and sadly, GUNS, and in
particular automatic "assault" weapons which have NO legitimate use -

Don't know much do you? Automatic weapons have been illegal in the
U.S. for a very long time. Snowflakes such as yourself define "assault
weapons" as "big scary-looking gun" regardless of whether it is
functionally any different than a garden-variety hunting rifle.

they are not hunting rifles - they are designed for one purpose, and
one purpose only - to kill people

The group that kills the most people with military weapons are
governments. You and other leftist asswipes, particularly subjects of
the British Crown whose lives are owned by the Crown and can be killed
at a whim at any time by any member of the Royal Family for any reason,
have proposed nothing that will disarm these dangerous psychopathic
killers. Governments have killed many more people than all the
private-sector criminals and crazies ever have.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

There's your "yes but" bull**** defense again.
Yhe UK is not having weekly deadly attacks on multiple school children
in their schools - whether by gun, acid, knife or sarin gas doesn't
matter. It is a DISEASE in the USA - and sadly, GUNS, and in
particular automatic "assault" weapons which have NO legitimate use -
they are not hunting rifles - they are designed for one purpose, and
one purpose only - to kill people

Look here Lefty, the gun is only the proximate cause. The real cause is
that there are so many deranged *male* teens in the US willing to
actually murder someone. Why? I never had those thoughts back in school.

So what is causing this insane behavior? Is it a drug reaction?
Vitamin/mineral deficiency? Pesticide residue? Gut biome out of whack?
Lack of proper parenting? Genetic defect? Were these kids damaged by a
doper mom while still in the womb? We need to figure out WTF is going
on and then fix the real problem.

In the mean time, keep your lefty fingers off my collection.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:30:12 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Yeah, well, people die from cancer and fires too. Following that bizarre
logic, we shouldn't take simple measures to reduce needless deaths where we can.
The car accident case is a bad example, because we have passed new laws,
used new enforcement techniques and substantially reduced the deaths
and accidents from drunk driving. That plus safer cars have lowered the
accident rate. Time to do the same with guns.

Rate and numbers just slightly in the last 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...ty_rate_in_U.S.
_by_year

Still slightly over 100 dead each day on the roads on the average.

Highway deaths per year in the USA have dropped every year except 14
since 1970, with the deaths per 100,000 population dropping from 25.6
in 1970 to 11.4 in 2017

What are the statistics for gun deaths in the same period? Defining a
"mass shooting" as one involving 4 or more targets, the rate trippled
from one iver 200 days between 1982 and 2011 to one every 64 days.
between 2011 and 2014. This is occurrin against the backdrop of a 50%
REDUCTION in firarm homicides overall since 1993.

A report by USA Today tracked all mass killings (4 or more at a time)
between 2006 and 2017 - using firearms - and counted 271 incidents
with a body count of 1358.
Bloombergs "everytown for gun safety" reported 110 mass shootings,
defined as shootings in which at least four people were murdered with
a firearm, between January 2009 and July 2014; at least 57% were
related to domestic or family violence.
When you expand the definition to 4 deaths OR INJURIES the count
climbs quickly. I believe it was the Washington Post reported in 2015
alone, there had been 294 mass shootings that killed or injured 1,464
people.

As far as "school shootings" go, from 2000 to 2009 there were 60
school shootings - with only 2 being multiple homicides -a total of
117 deaths, and 133 injuries - with Virginia Tech and Red Lake
Minesota being the worst - with 33 dead and 23 injured at Virgina
tech, and 10 dead and 7 injured at Red Lake.

Move on to 2010-2014 and we have somr 89 mass school shootings, with
a body count of some 86 dead and 117 injured.

Jump ahead to 2015 to 2019 and we have 120 school shooting incidents
with a body count of some 106 dead and 243 injured.

All of these shootings occurred on school property or at school
sanctioned events - while NOT all involved students or staff.

It is still a SHOCKING escalation. 6 incidents per year from 2000 to
2009, 17.8 per year from 2010 to 2014, and 24 per year fron 2015 to
2019.
That is 11.7 deaths and 13.3 injuries per year from 2000 to 2009, and
17.2 deaths and 23.4 injured per year from 2010 t0 2014, and 21.2 dead
and 48.6 injured per year from 2015 to 2019.

The school shooting death rate per year has doubled between the first
period and the last - that is a span of 20 years. The injury rate has
gone up by 375% in the same period the motor vehicle death rate has
dropped from 14.86 per 100,000 in 2000 to approxemately 11 per 100,000
in 2019 - more than a 25% DECREASE.
So the "yes but" defence is TOTAL BULL****

Now before someone righteously calls me out and says 1'm not
comparing "apples to apples" I admit one is the rate per 282.2
million in 2000 and per 329.2 million in 2019, while the other is
rate per 100,000 which makes the school shooting rate look
aproxemately 3000 times worse - but the comparison between the RATE OF
CHANGE and DIRECTION is still valid. The TREND is scary - you HAVE to
admit!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:50:31 +0000, Bod wrote:

[...]

Just as roughly 50-70% of handguns used in crimes inToronto come
from out of country - In western Canada the numbers reflected thesame
trend - 50% smuggled into the country illegally. Numbers are not
available for the rest of eastern Canada, but indications are the 70%
level would be close.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Sure. we should do whatever we can to understand what causes people
to kill and take steps that we can to prevent it. But that does not
mean that it's OK for states like FL to have lax gun laws, where a
trouble maker that is known to the local police can just walk into
a store and buy whatever guns they please. If FL had a reasonable permit
process, like many other states do, where a permit issued by the local
police is required for each gun purchase, that would have stopped Cruz,
the Parkland school murderer from walking into Dicks and buying his guns.
A permit process where the LOCAL POLICE, who are in the best position to
have information from all sources on the applicant, can make the decision
whether to issue a permit or not. Though Cruz had committed no felonies,
not even been arrested, there was plenty in his file that the local police
knew about, including 21 visits to the house for trouble and that he was
under treatment for mental problems. And what's your problem with that?
You need your gun purchases like your Bud and cigarettes? You decide
this minute that you want some, have to have them right now, can't wait
for the local police to process a permit to buy?

This is something we can do today. It's not clear what can be done about
all the behavioral issues you listed. But I gave you my plan. When you
have a plan for that list of questionable things, I'd be happy to see it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 18:03:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

[...]

How many miles of road travelled in the UK compared tohow many in the
US?
4,071,000 miles of roads in the US compared to a measly 245,068 in the
UK - over 16.5 times as many miles of roads. - so the road deaths per
mile of road in the US is MARGINALLY less than in the US.
Now, look at the REAL statistics - the number of vehicle miles per
year in each country. In the UK, vehicles travelled a total of 327.1
Billion miles in 2017. In the US that number is 3.2 Trillion miles.
That is a factor of 10 - so by THAT metric the UK still looks good -
but not AS good. Figures out to about HALF.

Would be interesting to figure out passenger miles and compare on THAT
basis - - - -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2019 5:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Both are needed. Guns are probably easier to control.

I don't know if there is any conclusive studies, but a combination of
things had made deadly conditions. Some kids think we are living in a
video game with no lasting consequences. There is the copycat factor
too. Back in our time we did not hear of bad things happening far away
but with 24 hour news looking to fill time, we have internet and social
media and you are cool if you get something out there for others to see.
Hey, I can top that!

I don't see a quick end to it all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 16:50, wrote:
[...]

They have cops there and by definition US cops are armed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/12/2019 21:17, Roger Blake wrote:
On 2019-12-18, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Oh dear, you live in fear.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/19 10:23 AM, Bod wrote:
Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be
horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It is as horrendous as your acid attacks.

There's your "yes but" bull**** defense again.
Yhe UK is not having weekly deadly attacks on multiple school children
in their schools - whether by gun, acid, knife or sarin gas doesn't
matter. It is a DISEASE in the USA - and sadly, GUNS, and in
particular automatic "assault" weapons which have NO legitimate use -
they are not hunting rifles - they are designed for one purpose, and
one purpose only - to kill people

Well put.

The "weekly attacks" are thugs in school being thugs. Some of our
schools are in combat zones. Kids in school and people outside those
schools carry guns and shoot each other. That is why you hear the
details of a shooting every year or two but they say we have one a
week. They don't want to get into the details of the others. It might
sound racist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It may be shocking to a UK guy but our cops are always armed and some
are obscenely well armed. (automatic weapons, destructive devices and
armored vehicles)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It IS shocking to us. The cops must be in fear all of the time.

When I drove in the US I had to keep reminding myself that if I got
stopped by the cops that I must stay in my car and keep my hands visible
and keep still.
In the UK you can get out of your car before the cops do and have your
hands in your pockets whilst walking towards them and they wouldn't bat
an eyelid. They certainly wouldn't think you possibly had a gun in your
pocket. I know because I've done it when I got randomly stopped once.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:23:44 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 18/12/2019 15:02, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,

says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and
worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138

--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the
rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car
accidents.Â* Hard
[...]

are obscenely well armed.Â* (automatic weapons, destructive devices and
armored vehicles)

It IS shocking to us. The cops must be in fear all of the time.

When I drove in the US I had to keep reminding myself that if I got
stopped by the cops that I must stay in my car and keep my hands visible
and keep still.
In the UK you can get out of your car before the cops do and have your
hands in your pockets whilst walking towards them and they wouldn't bat
an eyelid. They certainly wouldn't think you possibly had a gun in your
pocket. I know because I've done it when I got randomly stopped once.

The problem in the US is that the crybaby libtards went soft on crime
and eliminated the death penalty so now we got violent repeat offenders
roaming the streets. We need to bring back the death penalty because
once a criminal stops breathing, the recidivism problem goes away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Â* It IS shocking to us. The cops must be in fear all of the time.
When I drove in the US I had to keep reminding myself that if I got
stopped by the cops that I must stay in my car and keep my hands
visible and keep still.
In the UK you can get out of your car before the cops do and have your
hands in your pockets whilst walking towards them and they wouldn't
bat an eyelid. They certainly wouldn't think you possibly had a gun in
your pocket. I know because I've done it when I got randomly stopped
once.

The problem in the US is that the crybaby libtards went soft on crime
and eliminated the death penalty so now we got violent repeat offenders
roaming the streets.Â* We need to bring back the death penalty because
once a criminal stops breathing, the recidivism problem goes away.

The UK doesn't execute people and I agree with that.

--
Bod