Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The bizarre and irrational beliefs of gun nuts about household gun ownership numbers

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:41:44 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

snip

There's a reason these people are seen as gun *nuts*. They cling to
entirely contradictory, and irrational, beliefs.

Just for the record, we try to keep terminology industry-precise and
consistent here, like we do with "gage" versus "gauge" in the
metalworking field. (Those two words mean different things to
machinists.)

Gun nuts are people who are just wild about guns. Gun nutz are the
loons who will claim that black is white, if it serves their ideology.
There is a lot of overlap, but the distinction is still important.

Being a fan of lexicography, you certainly appreciate the importance
of it.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:32:16 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.

It's hard to say. He's so full of it that sometimes you can't really
tell *what* he is. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Sure. (Pet-hoarding notwithstanding.)

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Sure. (Pet-hoarding notwithstanding.)

I was just having a discussion about that with a visitor, not 5
minutes ago. Its not pet hoarding, its rescuing. Ive adopted out 3 in
the past 2 months, all to good homes. Few others will do that,
unfortunately. I cant rescue all of them, not even a significant
fraction of them..but we do what we can.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/25/2015 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner

That's not saying much. Did you get my e-mail about powders?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/25/2015 3:22 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I was just having a discussion about that with a visitor, not 5
minutes ago. Its not pet hoarding, its rescuing. Ive adopted out 3 in
the past 2 months, all to good homes. Few others will do that,
unfortunately. I cant rescue all of them, not even a significant
fraction of them..but we do what we can.

Gunner

One reason I truly respect you!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 15:28:51 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 7/25/2015 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner

That's not saying much. Did you get my e-mail about powders?

No..when did you send it?

Gunner, just back from LA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/25/2015 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner

That's not saying much. Did you get my e-mail about powders?

No..when did you send it?

Gunner, just back from LA

Just yesterday, any experience with WST for .38, .45? I since found
start and max for each.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/25/2015 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner

That's not saying much. Did you get my e-mail about powders?

No..when did you send it?

Gunner, just back from LA

Just yesterday, any experience with WST for .38, .45? I since found
start and max for each.

No experience with it. Ive stayed away from it actually..for this
reason

http://smith-wessonforum.com/reloadi...wst-users.html

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...ic=161392&st=0

It appears to be usable in 45 ACP. Shrug...but I generally use Unique
for Major calibers..and of course it (Unique) works nicely in cast
rifle loads as well.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So you just think I'm nuts not nutz

Nuts are OK with me. Nutz are best kept at a distance. d8-)

So, is Gunner nutv? he's certainly more than nuts, maybe not quite
nutz.

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Sure. (Pet-hoarding notwithstanding.)

I was just having a discussion about that with a visitor, not 5
minutes ago. Its not pet hoarding, its rescuing. Ive adopted out 3 in
the past 2 months, all to good homes. Few others will do that,
unfortunately. I cant rescue all of them, not even a significant
fraction of them..but we do what we can.

Y'know, I saw a thing on Facebook today which might be something that
could make you a TON of money down there in the waterless miles of
Californication. A guy is getting hundreds of dollars spray painting
the dead lawns green. Realtors are even paying to have it done to get
quicker sales on homes, too. You'll be RICH!

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/25/2015 6:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im actually probably one of the most stable and straightforwards
people here.

HOnEsTLY!!

Gunner

That's not saying much. Did you get my e-mail about powders?

No..when did you send it?

Gunner, just back from LA

Just yesterday, any experience with WST for .38, .45? I since found
start and max for each.

No experience with it. Ive stayed away from it actually..for this
reason

http://smith-wessonforum.com/reloadi...wst-users.html

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...ic=161392&st=0

It appears to be usable in 45 ACP. Shrug...but I generally use Unique
for Major calibers..and of course it (Unique) works nicely in cast
rifle loads as well.

Gunner

Most powders are not available here. I use 700-x for all my pistol
loads but not power loads in magnums. WST is another shotgun powder
that can be used for bunny-fart loads in handguns.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Why arent they available?

"IMR 4227 is too hot for a S&W but, not a Ruger.
2400 or 800X is ok for both guns.
Here are the loads I use:
5.0 gr of UNIQUE [ppc LOAD].
8.0 GR OF unique [Duplicates the "Old Police Load".

Pretty much matches my data. I tend to run most of my .41 mag loads
with 8grs Unique with a 210gr SWC
Hotter hunting loads in the 41..17.5 gr 2400

7.2grs Unique with a 210gr SWC in the 45 ACP
7.2gr Unique with a 150gr SWC in the .357 Mag
(I have a an old non adjustable measure with a bushing that loads both
the 45ACP and .357s..excellent accuracy with both)
10gr Unique with a 240gr SWC in the .44 Mag
Hotter game loads..hogs and deer..I go to 18.5gr of 2400 in the 44 Mag
Hotter game loads for the 41 Mag... 17.5gr 2400

38 Specials generally get RedDot..plinker loads for kids. Sometimes
Ill load 500 .38s with 3.5gr Bulleye under that same 150g SWC
...though Ive got a HBWC load that I carry in my Detective Special that
uses 3.2 gr Bullseye with a reversed hollow based wad cutter. Flies
pretty good out to about 50 feet..after that it starts tumbling..but
for those pesky 7yr shooting incidents with no recoil and an
incredible wound on the bad guy...shrug. When I was running a
trapline..shot many many coyotes in the head with that load..seldom
ever came out the other side of their skulls..but you could pour their
brains out the hole and the slug would be about 3/4" when you split
the skull.
Not as hot as any of the snubby defensive loads like HydraShocks..but
little recoil either and zero flash.

Gunner