Old July 28th 19, 10:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default wiper blades

On 28/7/19 4:26 am, Raphael wrote:
wrote on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 21:15:17 +1000 :

On 27/7/19 4:42 pm, Raphael wrote:
How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).

Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.

Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

Longevity and efficiency are key and you can't sense that by holding it
in your hands.

Cheap wiper blades will be too stiff and definitely will be rapidly
degraded by sunlight.

Cheap blades will lack UV resistance and you will be lucky to have them
last a year or two. They will also be harder and less flexible. That
means they will not roll correctly in operation. That will cause all
sorts of issues including poor wiping and noise.

My advice, by OEM blades or high quality aftermarket. Don't waste your
money on cheap **** - it is, after all, your visibility in adverse
conditions that is at stake here.

Yes but.

The whole question is how to tell a "too stiff" wiper blade that "lacks UV
resistance" that is "harder" and "less flexible" such that it will not
"roll correctly" in operation, causing "poor wiping and noise?"
How does one know a "high quality aftermarket" from one that is not when
it's in your hands at the department store where one 14 inch blade costs $4
and another one costs $18 at that store and you have both in your hands?

Pay the money. Someone else mentioned buying from the dealer or from a
reputable maker - usually one that will put their name on OEM parts. Be
aware that some cheap Chinese brands use very similar names.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Old July 28th 19, 10:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/7/19 4:45 am, dpb wrote:
On 7/27/2019 1:26 PM, Raphael wrote:

How does one know a "high quality aftermarket" from one that is not when
it's in your hands at the department store where one 14 inch blade
costs $4
and another one costs $18 at that store and you have both in your hands?

You'se read the info on the package and make a value judgement based on
it and what you think you know of the particular manufacturer...

You can also actually feel the blade material and see if can judge
anything from it--I've seen some of the no-name imports that actually
are already hard new in the box...

Yep, been there, seen that.

What irritates me even more is the automobile manufacturer using some
exotic mounting arrangement that none of the aftermarket adapters will
actually fit correctly...they may come close, but not correctly.

Old July 28th 19, 10:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 13:18:24 +1000, Swer, better known as cantankerous

Plenty on ebay, amazon, aliexpress.

You may shove all three of those up yours, senile asshole!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Old July 28th 19, 10:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 13:48:53 +1000, Swer, better known as cantankerous

6mm frameless rubbers won't fit MOST of the older re-fillable
wipers - and a whole lot of the "non refillables" either. There's a
reason you can only buy them on-line

It's a lie that you can only buy them online.

No, it isn't, senile asshole troll!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Old July 28th 19, 10:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 12:37:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Then you need to go elsewhere or get real radical and get
them online. Amazon, ebay and aliexpress all have them.

Someone needs to get REAL radical and hit you with a baseball bat across
your senile big gob, Australian troll!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder

Old July 28th 19, 11:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/7/19 11:44 am, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:34:09 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 18:45:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 00:42:13 -0600, Raphael
wrote:

How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).

Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.

Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

The whole topic annoys me. They used to sell just the rubber blades

They still do.

Not at Pep Boys, Advance, or the other A- store.

with the metal ring around them. Now they insist
on the whole mechanism short of the arm.

Wrong.

Just a way to squeeze more money out of us, I think.

My latest were cheaper with the whole thing than just the rubber blades.

I just checked EVERY parts supplier in Kitchener/Waterloo
metropolitan area and NONE have the rubber blde replacements available
- either in store or from their suppliers. Can't even get them from
Trico any more.

5 years ago? yes. 3 years - mabee. Today?? NOPE

Still can get them here. Had a look at a couple of places online wiper
blade refills from Trico, Tridon, Bosch readily available as direct fit
or universal.

Old July 28th 19, 03:52 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Xeno posted:

Pay the money. Someone else mentioned buying from the dealer or from a
reputable maker - usually one that will put their name on OEM parts. Be
aware that some cheap Chinese brands use very similar names.

Most wiper blades are likely the same product in different packages.

When I took marketing in school they taught us to create at least three
different packages for the same product, and charge at least three
different prices.

That way we'd get our product to everyone by including those who are most
affected by marketing where we make the most profit, and also by including
those who just want the product, where we STILL make a profit (wiper blades
likely cost less than a buck to make, market, and disseminate).

We make most of the profit on the middle people since there are more of
them who will not want the least expensive but who won't opt for the most
expensive either.

In the end, it's the same product in all cases (with packaging
differences).
Old July 29th 19, 12:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Have you actually tried to buy them locally????

I did. Spent better than 7 hours canvassing every auto parts supplier
in Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph/Cambridge/Elmira area - all said the same
- they have not been able to source them for over 3 years. They had a
few (of the wrong size for virtually anything still on the road)
gathering dust in a corner - and if you wanted more than what they had
in stock you were out of luck. Had enough trouble even finding
stainless steel wiper blade assemblies - only "universal" black
plastic stuff

It MAY be that they are available in the USA but not available in
Canada because the suppliers won't label them as required for import
to Canada (English and French) since Trico closed down manufacturing
in Canada a few years back
Old July 29th 19, 12:17 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 09:52:37 -0500, Jean Fredette
wrote:

Xeno posted:

[...]

In today's world you are more likely to get 3 different products in
essentially the same package. The real thing, clone #1 and clone #2 -
with varying discrepancy in quality - sometimes pretty darn close -and
in others no comparison.
Old July 29th 19, 07:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email }

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: }

Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
®

Wiper motor Gib Bogle[_4_] UK diy 16 June 7th 12 12:43 AM
windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches. David Combs Home Repair 47 January 22nd 09 01:14 PM
re problem when replacing cartridge wiper blade in Canon PC-10, etc. or CX laserprinters W. Curtiss Priest Electronics Repair 0 April 6th 07 02:59 PM
OT - windshield wiper blade refills? Grant Erwin Metalworking 12 March 23rd 06 04:26 PM
Wiper Inserts for face milling brass Robert Salasidis Metalworking 36 April 1st 05 04:28 AM