Posted to alt.home.repair
Jean Fredette Jean Fredette is offline

Default wiper blades

Xeno posted:

Pay the money. Someone else mentioned buying from the dealer or from a
reputable maker - usually one that will put their name on OEM parts. Be
aware that some cheap Chinese brands use very similar names.

Most wiper blades are likely the same product in different packages.

When I took marketing in school they taught us to create at least three
different packages for the same product, and charge at least three
different prices.

That way we'd get our product to everyone by including those who are most
affected by marketing where we make the most profit, and also by including
those who just want the product, where we STILL make a profit (wiper blades
likely cost less than a buck to make, market, and disseminate).

We make most of the profit on the middle people since there are more of
them who will not want the least expensive but who won't opt for the most
expensive either.

In the end, it's the same product in all cases (with packaging
differences).