Posted to alt.home.repair
Swer Swer is offline

Default wiper blades

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 13:18:24 +1000, "Swer" wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:34:09 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 18:45:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
om...
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 00:42:13 -0600, Raphael
wrote:

How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).

Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than
you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.

Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

The whole topic annoys me. They used to sell just the rubber blades

They still do.

Not at Pep Boys, Advance, or the other A- store.

with the metal ring around them. Now they insist
on the whole mechanism short of the arm.

Wrong.

Just a way to squeeze more money out of us, I think.

My latest were cheaper with the whole thing than just the rubber
blades.

I just checked EVERY parts supplier in Kitchener/Waterloo
metropolitan area and NONE have the rubber blde replacements available
- either in store or from their suppliers. Can't even get them from
Trico any more.

5 years ago? yes. 3 years - mabee. Today?? NOPE

Plenty on ebay, amazon, aliexpress.

6mm frameless rubbers won't fit MOST of the older re-fillable
wipers - and a whole lot of the "non refillables" either. There's a
reason you can only buy them on-line

It's a lie that you can only buy them online.