Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default wiper blades

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 17:08:31 -0400,
wrote:

How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).
Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.
Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

My wiper blades don't last long enough to determine if they are
good or bad - parked outside in the snow & ice & sleet for about
5 months is what destroys them - scraping the windshield and
causing collateral damage ...
Many of my neighbours have started leaving their wipers in the
upright position when they park it during the winter months.
John T.

That keeps them from freezing to the windshield, but you can unfreeze
them by pouring water on them. Water straight from the tap seems best
to me. Hot water might break the windshield?

I'll let you experiment with pouring water over your wipers in
-20 -30 C. degree weather ... I'll pass on that "advice".
John T.

You're welcome.