Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default wiper blades

On 28/7/19 4:45 am, dpb wrote:
On 7/27/2019 1:26 PM, Raphael wrote:

How does one know a "high quality aftermarket" from one that is not when
it's in your hands at the department store where one 14 inch blade
costs $4
and another one costs $18 at that store and you have both in your hands?

You'se read the info on the package and make a value judgement based on
it and what you think you know of the particular manufacturer...

You can also actually feel the blade material and see if can judge
anything from it--I've seen some of the no-name imports that actually
are already hard new in the box...

Yep, been there, seen that.

What irritates me even more is the automobile manufacturer using some
exotic mounting arrangement that none of the aftermarket adapters will
actually fit correctly...they may come close, but not correctly.

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)