Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default wiper blades

On 7/27/19 2:42 AM, Raphael wrote:
How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).

Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.

Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

I buy the correct rubber inserts, not the whole blade, from the dealer-
Toyota and Honda for my last few cars- and install them myself.

Just takes a few minutes to pull out the old ones and slip in the new
ones. My experience the last 20+ years is that while they cost a bit
more than the ones I used to purchase from the big box or auto supply
stores, they last far longer and do a much better job. Many dealers sell
discount OEM parts on their websites these days too.

Before you replace just the rubber insert though, check your existing
metal frames to make sure they're not damaged, bent (especially the
little fingers) or worn. I'd replace the whole OEM blade if they are.

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen€ť victim tragedy
stories in the news?