Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default wiper blades

On 28/7/19 11:44 am, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:34:09 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 18:45:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Jul 2019 00:42:13 -0600, Raphael
wrote:

How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?).

Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd
think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18 each.

Since the wiper blade can be put in our hands, what do you look for?

The whole topic annoys me. They used to sell just the rubber blades

They still do.

Not at Pep Boys, Advance, or the other A- store.

with the metal ring around them. Now they insist
on the whole mechanism short of the arm.

Wrong.

Just a way to squeeze more money out of us, I think.

My latest were cheaper with the whole thing than just the rubber blades.

I just checked EVERY parts supplier in Kitchener/Waterloo
metropolitan area and NONE have the rubber blde replacements available
- either in store or from their suppliers. Can't even get them from
Trico any more.

5 years ago? yes. 3 years - mabee. Today?? NOPE

Still can get them here. Had a look at a couple of places online wiper
blade refills from Trico, Tridon, Bosch readily available as direct fit
or universal.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)