Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

Default JUICEY BRUCEY ASKS, "How does a thermocouple have enough power tooperate a gas valve?"

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:04:22 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 12/8/2018 8:41 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On older boilers (furnaces if you're American), when the heating isn't actually running (eg. the thermostat says the house is warm enough), there's no power to the boiler, so how does the pilot light valve stay open with the tiny voltage (40mV?) and current from the thermocouple?

The basic problem with english engineering is that it hasn't advanced much beyond the 1500s. We superior Americans, however, employ the use of electronic ignitors.

As do we with new boilers. But our stuff must last longer because a lot of folk still have one with a pilot light, the only ones that don't are the morons that thought they should spend £1000 to get a boiler that will save them £50 a year on gas. So you make a profit in 20 years time, why bother? My boiler is at least 25 years old and I've only ever replaced the thermocouple for £7. It could be newer fancier boilers have more to go wrong, I've heard of a modern boiler lasting only 7 years!!

If you don't know what that is, see one of my recent poasts concerning the pigtailing of neutral and ground circuits.

What has pigtailing to do with electronic igniters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:05:48 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 12/8/2018 10:02 AM, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 08/12/2018 17:51, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:40:57 -0000, wrote:

On 12/8/18 11:41 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On older boilers (furnaces if you're American), when the heating isn't
actually running (eg. the thermostat says the house is warm enough),
there's no power to the boiler, so how does the pilot light valve stay
open with the tiny voltage (40mV?) and current from the thermocouple?

To *hold* the valve open only requires a small voltage & current. To
*pull* the valve open would require a larger voltage. That's why you
have to "Press & Hold" the manual knob to restart a pilot.

See here for more detail:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermo...pliance_safety

I see, thanks. I thought the "press and hold" was just to keep the valve open until the thermocouple warmed up. So I'm providing the effort to open the valve with my thumb. That link states 0.2-0.25A - do you really get that much current off a thermocouple?

Yes, it's a very low impedance source, a metal to different metal contact. 10mV 200mA is 50 milliohms. It's only 2mW, but that's a very small proportion of the pilot flame power.

Cheers

Don't forget to pigtail the neutral and ground circuits!

Assuming you mean these:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7643398
We use those in cars for the speaker circuits. Surely nobody uses anything that flimsy for power?

In the UK for power we use connector strips with grubscrews, like this:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192478665148
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:07:54 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 12/10/2018 10:11 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 10:58:04 AM UTC-6, Bruce Farquhar wrote:

Bruce, learn how to filter or ignore the JO's here. They are baiters/'baters!

And Bob is a master bater.
LOL

I do find it amusing when someone who called me a troll then later tells me to ignore other trolls. I guess he forgot who I was.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:29:18 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 12/11/2018 9:26 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
[...]

You'd need an electrician's license to even comprehend what I would tell you about that.

Licenses are for pussies. I just prefer to get on with the job.

IF I ever hire anyone (and usually I do all my own work), I purposefully avoid anyone with any certifications, it just means they charge more and are more fussy and won't do the work the way I want it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

wrote:

[...]

you need a dog license to look like that

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2018 17:23, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:56:12 -0000, Bill Wright
wrote:
On 09/12/2018 16:40, Bruce Farquhar wrote:

A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!?* Or just for
some small electronics?

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 21:04:59 -0000, Brian Gaff
wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
*Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 01:58:49 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:43:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:30:34 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:48:55 -0000, Tim J
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Bruce
Farquhar wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:22:20 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 21:40:03 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!?

It isnt a single thermocouple, it's a thermopile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_space

Or just for some small electronics?

Not small at all.

Why are these not used on earth?

Probably not that cheap, once you've made the Pu-238.

Whatever happened to those AA nuclear batteries? I assume
they worked the same.

What on earth are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_battery

Not wanting to read the entire article, apart from space are we
using any
now?

Don't think so.

And eeek! Pacemakers! Don't think I like that idea.

Might be preferable to repeated surgery to change the battery
tho.

Can't they charge it magnetically like with electric toothbrushes?

They can now, but didn't then.

I'm sure people with pacemakers never recharge them?

Because the battery technology is much better now.

I was thinking of people I knew 30 years ago.

Or at least only every several years, so they can't be using that
much power.

Depends on how often it has to zap the heart.

Does it output a constant tick or does it only do something when it
detects an abnormal heart rhythm?
Or have some kind of recharger like watches that use wrist
movement (oo er) to charge the battery?

Doesn't produce enough power for a pacemaker.
They need rather more power than a watch does.

But presumably you can put a much bigger generator inside a human
body than inside a watch.

Sure. But inside the chest doesn't move around as much as the
wrist. That's what determines what energy there is to harvest.

I guess they could run a wire along to your arm or something.

Anyway I'm not so sure you're right. If your walking around, your
whole body moves. And in the chest they can have a much larger
generator. Something inside a watch is miniscule compared to
something in your torso which could presumably approach the size of a
fist.

**** off Hucker.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:17 +0000, Max Dumbass, an especially brain dead,
troll-feeding senile idiot, babbled:

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

You just HAD to take the abnormal Scottish ******'s latest idiotic bait
again, eh, you troll-feeding senile dumbass? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:43:41 -0000, FMurtz wrote:

FMurtz wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:59:37 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:09:27 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

What damage was directly caused by the Fukushima Nuclear Power
Station?

See Clare's reply to you, I can't be bothered teaching the
ignorant.

Who's she?
Not she - He. Me.

As a former teacher I've had lots of experience trying to teach
the
unteachable.

There are some that are not worth TRYING to teach.

If you persist in deleting one of the newsgroups from the
crosspost, Tim won't see you. That's why he was confused. Tim is
only in uk.d-i-y.

Crosspost returned so you'll at least see each other once. Please
kiss and make up.

Who is clair

An ex canadian school teacher with a rural background.
It's a he not a she. Not clear why he uses that name, whether
its his wife etc. Presumably he isnt a drag queen or tranny.

and from which group does it post

alt.home.repair

how come all the posts back a fair way in this thread have had both
groups cross and I have seen no clair or uk.d-i-y removed?

Because 'clare' keeps chopping uk.d-i-y from the
newsgroup list and that's where you are reading.
but all the posts I am seeing have alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y listed

I just went back in time, subscribed to alt.home.repair and found what
you are talking about. I did not miss much, it is not a patch on
uk.d-i-y (at least what it used to be)(it is full of the idiots that are
now infecting uk.d-i-y)

The average American IQ is two points lower than the UK.

That's due to demographics, they had a much higher
percentage of blacks and hispanics than the UK does
and they have lower IQs.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile BRIT Alert!

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:19:08 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

He might get drowned in a butt of Malmsey wine, though.

YOU might soon get drowned inside the butt of the unwashed Scottish whose
cock you can't stop sucking, you ****ed up, senile, troll-feeding idiot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Under those circs the status of the underground repository is the least
of your worries.

His biggest worry right now should be that his dick might get all sore what
with your constant sucking on it, you ****ed up senile sucker of troll cock!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:48:07 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:08:51 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Nukes in fact put far less radiation into the
atmosphere than coal fired power stations.

But what about the spent fuel that cannot be disposed of without a 300
year
sealed container?

What about it?

That's what causes the most harm

No it does not. Just what is the more difficult to deal with.

(note I'm not saying Nuclear power is bad, it's cleaner than others).

Not with what is left over it isnt.

What about the cost of rebuilding everything?

Rebuilding what? As it happens, the Fukushima plant was due to be
closed within 6 months of the incident anyway - end of life.

And no damage was caused by the reactors. All the damage was from the
tsunami, which caused some 25,000 deaths. Perhaps you should be
concerned about that.

What about the damage to wildlife?

What damage to wildlife?

Radiation will do that.

It didn't with Chernobyl or 3 mile island or Fukushima.

It's claimed sheep in Scotland were affected by Chernobyl.

What d'ye mean by "affected"? And claimed by whom?

I dunno, it was decades ago. Possibly some absurd food safety standards
group telling the farmers to burn all the sheep instead of eating them or
something.

No they didn't, just stopped eating them for a while.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherno...lora_and_fauna

And, for your information, you should look up "deaths from ordinary
industrial accidents", you'll find the numbers to be much larger.

Only if you take the numbers too literally like you do.

Why shouldn't I take them literally?

Because you're not taking into account other significant problems.

There are no other significant problems.

Cancer is a damn big problem.

Nothing new there, then.

It's one thing having cancer caused by cigarettes. You can choose not to
smoke. But you can't choose not to pick up **** from nuclear power
stations.

You can actually by moving away. And nukes add a lot less radioactive
material to the atmosphere than a coal fired power station does anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:31:28 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

[...]

Colon Burke is the idiot who said the top pin of a 3-pin plug was for
neutral.

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

wrote:

[...]

They haven't had dog licenses in the UK for decades. Don't tell me America still does?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

Whatever they're powered by should be able to give off some electricity, like a petrol car does. You don't have to fill the battery do you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Farquhar wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:22:20 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

no.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:51:16 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:48:07 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

Nukes in fact put far less radiation into the
atmosphere than coal fired power stations.

But what about the spent fuel that cannot be disposed of without a 300
year
sealed container?

What about it?

That's what causes the most harm (note I'm not saying Nuclear power is bad,
it's cleaner than others).

It doesn't cause any harm: it's in sealed containers.

Which never break over 100s of years when the company is bankrupt and the
government has changed and a war broke out and there was an earthquake, yeah
right.

Under those circs the status of the underground repository is the least
of your worries.

Rubbish. The war might not directly affect me, but the nuclear fallout would.

Why d'ye think I suggest the Marianna Trench? Cos down there 37,000
feet below sea level, it ain't gonna matter.

Yeah, bugger the sea life. Bugger all those who eat the radioactive fish.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:19:08 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:40:25 -0000, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:25:47 +1100, FMurtz
wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Short for Clarence

Sorry but Clare is a girls name. Clarence is an old fashioned boys name,
sounds a bit gay, but still, you should use that instead to avoid confusion.

He might get drowned in a butt of Malmsey wine, though.

I don't know what that means, but it sounds kinky.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar

wrote:

[...]

Just watch white Americans on TV, they're all thick as **** too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Technically it is. Earth = neutral = 0 volts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:22:20 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar

wrote:

[...]

True then too. It was before that that was a problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifi...ithium_battery

Or at least only every several years, so they can't be using that much
power.

Depends on how often it has to zap the heart.

Does it output a constant tick

Nope.

or does it only do something when it detects an abnormal heart rhythm?

Yep.

Or have some kind of recharger like watches that use wrist movement
(oo
er) to charge the battery?

Doesn't produce enough power for a pacemaker.
They need rather more power than a watch does.

But presumably you can put a much bigger generator inside a human body
than inside a watch.

Sure. But inside the chest doesn't move around as much as the
wrist. That's what determines what energy there is to harvest.

I guess they could run a wire along to your arm or something.

Not as much room for the generator there tho.

Anyway I'm not so sure you're right.

I always am, and don't you forget it..

If your walking around, your whole body moves.

But not as much as you wrist unless you walk around
with your hands in your pockets all the time.

And in the chest they can have a much larger generator.

What the generator can produce is entirely
determined by how much it moves around.

Something inside a watch is miniscule compared to something in your torso
which could presumably approach the size of a fist.

But a pacemaker needs a lot more power than
a watch. You can see that from the much bigger
batterys that pacemakers have than watches.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 01:50:07 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 00:20:16 -0000, Steve Walker

On 10/12/2018 22:55, dpb wrote:
On 12/10/2018 4:29 PM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 22:12:56 -0000, dpb wrote:

On 12/10/2018 1:08 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news ...

I said "We do have nuclear power stations which can and do
explode...."
You said "Wrong."

Only Fukushima exploded.

And that was _NOT_ a nuclear explosion but conventional hydrogen
gas
(which came from decomposition of water and collected). It isn't
physically possible to create a supercritcal mass from the
low-enriched
commercial reactor fuel.

But don't commercial reactors create weapons grade stuff on behalf
of
the military? It's why the governments subsidise them in the first
place.

No, and no they don't subsidize commercial generation (at least
outside places like N Korea and the like).

There is no reprocessing of commercial nuclear fuel at all in the US
and afaik, none currently going on anywhere world wide outside the
few
rogue states that may be doing some.

(http://www.world-nuclear.org/informa...lear-fuel.aspx)

World commercial reprocessing capacity (tonnes per year)
LWR fuel
France, La Hague 1700
UK, Sellafield (THORP) 600
Russia, Ozersk (Mayak) 400
Japan (Rokkasho) 800*
====
Total LWR (approx) 3500

I don't know about the rest, but Thorp is mo longer reprocessing and
will
store spent fuel for around the next 50 years.

Or try to, until it leaks.

And if it does, trivial to fix that.

Too late then.

Nope.

And also expensive, especially if it's at the bottom of the ocean.

No point if its at the bottom of the ocean.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

wrote:

[...]

My boiler - with pilot light - was installed 30 years ago - by myself.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

We shorten Clarence to Clarry. There are still a few with that name here.

And shorten Horace to Horry.

One famous example from WW2 was a dog inherited from the
dagos after they put their hands up after the fall of Tobruk in
north africa. Revelled in the name of Horry the Wog Dog.

- Retired former Auto Mechanic, teacher, and
computer tech - brought up on farm and in small Ontario town. Spent
several years teaching in Africa. Hobbies include restoring cars,
building airplane, radio/electronics, Rallye driver, woodwork and home
repair. Worked with electrician father in teen years.

I don't filter crossposts and post from alt.home.repair using Agent
news reader.

Agent has the ability to leave the newsgroup line alone, why are you
editing it with every post? You say you don't FILTER crossposts, but
you're certainly removing them, meaning most of the brits will never see
your reply, so you're wasting your own time.

and from which group does it post

alt.home.repair
how come all the posts back a fair way in this thread have had both
groups cross and I have seen no clair or uk.d-i-y removed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

It moves by the ****ing great rocket that put it there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Its no good arguing with the Kernel, he is a troll and a comedian, but not
really interested in any discussion about facts.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in
the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

Whatever they're powered by should be able to give off some electricity,

Problem is that they are powered by the ****ing great rocket
that is now quite some distance away from the satellite now.

like a petrol car does.

Nothing like a petrol car does.

You don't have to fill the battery do you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Everyone KEEPS having Endless Fun Beating the **** out of Poor Helpless Gay Goran Razovic! LOL

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:46:24 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "jew pedo", farted again:

Colon Burke is the idiot who said the top pin of a 3-pin plug was for
neutral.

It's for grounding. Are you the idiot who says it isn't, dumb anal Razovic?
BG

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 05:38:46 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

That's due to demographics, they had a much higher
percentage of blacks and hispanics than the UK does
and they have lower IQs.

Up and trolling at 05:38 am in Australia, senile Rot? Did you "sleep in"
today? LOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar

wrote:

[...]

That's due to demographics, they have a much higher
percentage of blacks and hispanics than the UK does
and they have lower IQs.

Just watch white Americans on TV, they're all thick as **** too.

Ken Burns isnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:06:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Nope.

LOL

No

LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Earth = neutral = 0 volts.

Nope. There are 3 pins for a reason, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:05:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH 145 lines of the two prize idiots' endless sick bull**** unread
again

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:11:43 +0000 (GMT), charles, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

go wrong, I've heard of a modern boiler lasting only 7 years!!

My boiler - with pilot light - was installed 30 years ago - by myself.

Are you or are aren't you aware who you are talking to, you senile sucker of
troll cock? G

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in
the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

Whatever they're powered by should be able to give off some electricity,

Problem is that they are powered by the ****ing great rocket
that is now quite some distance away from the satellite now.

like a petrol car does.

Nothing like a petrol car does.

So they don't have any manoeuvring thrusters?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar

wrote:

[...]

We were discussing AVERAGE IQ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Funny how the devices all work with the top one disconnected.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:47:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 97 lines of the two abnormal idiots' absolutely idiotic
drivel

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

That's what that idiot KKKoloon thought. Neutral is not the same as
Earth (aka Ground in the Great Satan).

- -