Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Foreskin Peeling Senile Grik IDIOT Alert!

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:17:40 +0000, Steve Pounder
wrote:

On 11/12/2018 20:10, jew pedo wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:53:36 +0100, Foreskin Peeler
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:11:43 +0000 (GMT), charles, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

go wrong, I've heard of a modern boiler lasting only 7 years!!

My boiler - with pilot light - was installed 30 years ago - by myself.

Are you or are aren't you aware who you are talking to, you senile sucker of
troll cock? G

Are you or are aren't [sic][SIC!!! LOL] you aware that you're, an
inane banal one-dimensional foreskin peeling Grik piece, of skata who.
repeats the same, old stilted non-colloquial pidgin English ****e day
after, day month after, month year after, year after century you
obsessed demented peeler of troll foreskin? GB

Of course he isn't aware because he's an inane banal one-dimensional
foreskin peeling Grik piece of skata, who repeats the same old stilted
non-colloquial pidgin English ****e, day after day, month after month,
year after, year after century.

Give the **** some credit for being a cretin.

Right! Crete is in Grease, isn't it?

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default JUICEY BRUCEY ASKS, "How does a thermocouple have enough power to operate a gas valve?"

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:57:28 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:04:33 -0000, jew pedo wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:57:22 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:48:45 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:46:24 -0000, jew pedo wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:31:28 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:29:18 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 9:26 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:04:22 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 12/8/2018 8:41 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On older boilers (furnaces if you're American), when the heating
isn't actually running (eg. the thermostat says the house is warm
enough), there's no power to the boiler, so how does the pilot light
valve stay open with the tiny voltage (40mV?) and current from the
thermocouple?

The basic problem with english engineering is that it hasn't advanced
much beyond the 1500s. We superior Americans, however, employ the
use of electronic ignitors.

As do we with new boilers. But our stuff must last longer because a
lot of folk still have one with a pilot light, the only ones that
don't are the morons that thought they should spend £1000 to get a
boiler that will save them £50 a year on gas. So you make a profit in
20 years time, why bother? My boiler is at least 25 years old and
I've only ever replaced the thermocouple for £7. It could be newer
fancier boilers have more to go wrong, I've heard of a modern boiler
lasting only 7 years!!

If you don't know what that is, see one of my recent poasts
concerning the pigtailing of neutral and ground circuits.

What has pigtailing to do with electronic igniters?

You'd need an electrician's license to even comprehend what I would
tell you about that.

Licenses are for pussies. I just prefer to get on with the job.

IF I ever hire anyone (and usually I do all my own work), I purposefully
avoid anyone with any certifications, it just means they charge more and
are more fussy and won't do the work the way I want it.

Colon Burke is the idiot who said the top pin of a 3-pin plug was for
neutral.

Technically it is.

Nope.

Earth = neutral = 0 volts.

Nope. There are 3 pins for a reason, stupid.

Funny how the devices all work with the top one disconnected.

Until there's a problem.

Depends on the problem. If I touch something live, I'd rather not have another part of me resting against an earthed appliance.

That would be a stupid thing to do and you'd deserve whatever happens
as a result.

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:56:56 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:03:33 -0000, jew pedo wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Technically it is. Earth = neutral = 0 volts.

That's what that idiot KKKoloon thought. Neutral is not the same as
Earth (aka Ground in the Great Satan).

Zero is zero. If I connect my desk lamp to live and earth, it will function the same.

Do you actually do that, though? If not, why not?

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Everyone KEEPS having Endless Fun Beating the **** out of Poor Helpless Gay Goran Razovic! LOL

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:49:48 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident

That would be a stupid thing to do and you'd deserve whatever happens
as a result.

Doing and staying stupid things: that's how YOU became an internationally
known retard, Retardovic!

--
Anal Razovic's motto:
"An enema for every constipated anus."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:51:16 -0000, Tim Streater

It doesn't cause any harm: it's in sealed containers.

Which never break over 100s of years when the company is bankrupt and the
government has changed and a war broke out and there was an earthquake,
yeah
right.

Under those circs the status of the underground repository is the least
of your worries.

Rubbish. The war might not directly affect me, but the nuclear fallout
would.

Why d'ye think I suggest the Marianna Trench? Cos down there 37,000
feet below sea level, it ain't gonna matter.

Yeah, bugger the sea life. Bugger all those who eat the radioactive fish.

What fish would those be then, at 37,000 feet below sea level?

Is nuclear waste heavier than water then? And immune to currents?

Once it's been glassified and encased in steel/concrete it is. Which is
the SOP for it when it's put in an underground repository. Did ye think
they'd just send out a tanker and pump it over the side?

Even if it all escaped, it could just join the 4 billion tons of
uranium in the Earth's oceans. And that's just the uranium.

You may well be correct. Too much Greenpeace bull**** about.

But we do hear a lot about the trade of spent fuel and the problems of no country wanting it....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:50:03 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "jew pedo", farted again:

Do you actually do that, though? If not, why not?

Another senile idiot who finds interesting what the unwashed Scottish ******
does or doesn't do! LOL Must be a gay thing! BG

--
Anal Razovic's motto:
"An enema for every constipated anus."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Wrong, as always. And the neutral isnt always zero.

Compared to 240V, it's pretty damn near enough zero.

If I connect my desk lamp to live and earth, it will function the same.

Wrong with the safety protection.

I assume you're talking about an earthed lamp. So I've now got my lamp's casing connected to 0V instead of 0V. I'm sure my finger won't be able to tell the difference.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

No, I know I need to complete a circuit. Chances are in my kitchen that an earth will come form my knee against a washing machine etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:49:36 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "jew pedo", farted again:

Right! Crete is in Grease, isn't it?

It's in Europe, serb ******* ...unlike your dumb fascist ********, serbia!
LOL

--
Shadow about anal Razovic:
"Not forgetting that her asshole is bigger than her brain."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:34:42 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:34:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:48:45 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Because it's a safety device which doesn't get used until something
fails.

It's joined directly to neutral in my house, by the electricity board,
just next to the meter.

And that connection never fails ? Yeah, right.

Imagine a house without the earth system. Every appliance has two pins and nothing gets a grounded chassis. Two wires come into the house, 240V and 0V. The 0V comes undone at the meter. Everything stops functioning, no complete circuit, no power to the lights etc. How would I accidentally give myself a shock in this circumstance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

What would be a stupid thing to do?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

I have done in the past, I've used an earth to power a PIR lightswitch for example as it previously had no neutral there for a simple manual switch.

I also disconnected the chassis earth on my microwave, as my pet parrot likes to sit on it when I'm not looking and might one day chew the cord. 240V in the beak, 0V on the feet, bad idea.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:11:43 -0000, charles wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Then you're one of the few sensible people left. Most people seem to like to throw away anything that isn't new and efficient, forgetting the cost to your wallet (and the environment if you believe in that) in manufacturing the new one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:33:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Depends on the problem. If I touch something live, I'd rather not have
another part of me resting against an earthed appliance.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

He's certainly smart enough to keep baiting you senile **** with the dumbest
baits, senile Rot! LOL

--
Cursitor Doom about Rot Speed:
"I'm not the least surprised. The man is a conspicuous and unashamed
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:34:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

And that connection never fails ? Yeah, right.

His idiotic baits certainly NEVER fail, senile idiot!

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:32:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Zero is zero.

Wrong, as always. And the neutral isnt always zero.

BOTH of you ARE zeros!

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:33:07 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:47:28 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:38:46 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:43:41 -0000, FMurtz
wrote:

FMurtz wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:59:37 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:09:27 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

What damage was directly caused by the Fukushima Nuclear
Power
Station?

See Clare's reply to you, I can't be bothered teaching the
ignorant.

Who's she?
Not she - He. Me.

As a former teacher I've had lots of experience trying to
teach
the
unteachable.

There are some that are not worth TRYING to teach.

If you persist in deleting one of the newsgroups from the
crosspost, Tim won't see you. That's why he was confused. Tim
is
only in uk.d-i-y.

Crosspost returned so you'll at least see each other once.
Please
kiss and make up.

Who is clair

An ex canadian school teacher with a rural background.
It's a he not a she. Not clear why he uses that name, whether
its his wife etc. Presumably he isnt a drag queen or tranny.

and from which group does it post

alt.home.repair

how come all the posts back a fair way in this thread have had
both
groups cross and I have seen no clair or uk.d-i-y removed?

Because 'clare' keeps chopping uk.d-i-y from the
newsgroup list and that's where you are reading.
but all the posts I am seeing have alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y
listed

I just went back in time, subscribed to alt.home.repair and found
what
you are talking about. I did not miss much, it is not a patch on
uk.d-i-y (at least what it used to be)(it is full of the idiots that
are
now infecting uk.d-i-y)

The average American IQ is two points lower than the UK.

That's due to demographics, they have a much higher
percentage of blacks and hispanics than the UK does
and they have lower IQs.

Just watch white Americans on TV, they're all thick as **** too.

Ken Burns isnt.

We were discussing AVERAGE IQ.

Watching white americans on TV doesn't tell you that, stupid.

It tells me more than your sample of 1.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:31:57 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:44:25 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:17 -0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 11/12/2018 17:23, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:56:12 -0000, Bill Wright

wrote:
On 09/12/2018 16:40, Bruce Farquhar wrote:

A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!? Or just for
some small electronics?

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 21:04:59 -0000, Brian Gaff
wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in
the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long
time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

Whatever they're powered by should be able to give off some electricity,

Problem is that they are powered by the ****ing great rocket
that is now quite some distance away from the satellite now.

like a petrol car does.

Nothing like a petrol car does.

So they don't have any manoeuvring thrusters?

Yes, but those don't generate electricity.

They could do, and very effectively.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in
the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long
time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

Very few spacecraft are electrically powered.

Whatever they're powered by should be able to give off some electricity,

Problem is that they are powered by the ****ing great rocket
that is now quite some distance away from the satellite now.

like a petrol car does.

Nothing like a petrol car does.

So they don't have any manoeuvring thrusters?

Yes, but those don't generate electricity.

Could also just have solar panels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:15:38 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 01:51:22 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:51:58 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:39:29 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:57:01 -0000, Clare Snyder

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:27:52 +1100, "Tim J"
wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
As far as Chernobyl and Fukishama, the effects of the leaked
radiation
may never be fully known - but the FACT there will be detrimental
effects is known and accepted by anyone with hal;f a functioning
brain
cell.

Radiation - man made or man influenced or not - is KNOWN to have
health issues - as basic as increased skin cancer from extreme
exposure to sun-light.

Anything that increased our exposure to harmfull radiation SHOULD
be
of concern, but risks and benefits need to be assessed and
balanced.

And many don't realise that coal fired power stations put
a lot more radiation into the atmosphere than nukes do
even than 3 mile island did.
Like I said - NUKES are as safe as, or safer than, most
"conventional" alternatives

The thorium content of fly-ash constitutes an "atomic waste" with
thorium and uranium levels in crops around coal plants up to 200
times
higher than around nuke stations

Until the nuke station goes wrong.

Even when it does, 3 mile island didn't do anything special when it
did
go
wrong.

What happened with Chernobyl and Fukushima is trivially
avoidable. Ensure that the stand by generators are well above
where any tsunami can get to in the case of Fukushima and
don't play silly buggers with the reactor in the case of Chernobyl.

All very well if everyone is a robot or sensible. But humans will
****
up.

Trivial to avoid them ****ing up as badly as they did at Fukushima.
Not much harder with Chernobyl.

Many things are trivial and still get done wrongly. To err is human.

And trivial to ensure that they don't err with something as important as
nuke.

Only as long as you have almost all sensible people working there.

Don't need anything like that.

It only takes a couple to skip some checks.

And trivial to ensure that they can't get away with that.

That's why I said a couple.

And that's not what caused TMI, Chernobyl and Fukushima anyway.

I thought TMI and Chernobyl were both human error/stupidity?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure you know this but the Voyager spacecraft are using
thermocouples
using the heat from decaying plutonium for power all the way out in the
cosmos. it may be reducing now but its been one heck of a long time.
Brian

He didn't say to power the spacecraft he said 'for power'.

So it moves by magic then?

It moves by the ****ing great rocket that put it there.

Your choice of words continues to amuse me.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:25:00 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:40:25 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:25:47 +1100, FMurtz
wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Short for Clarence

Sorry but Clare is a girls name. Clarence is an old fashioned boys name,
sounds a bit gay, but still, you should use that instead to avoid
confusion.

We shorten Clarence to Clarry. There are still a few with that name here.

We don't have such silly old fashioned pansy names.

And shorten Horace to Horry.

And shorten afternoon to arvo, strange lot you are.

And do you really say "rack off"? To me that means to drain the alcohol away from the sediment.

One famous example from WW2 was a dog inherited from the
dagos after they put their hands up after the fall of Tobruk in
north africa. Revelled in the name of Horry the Wog Dog.

Can a dog revell?

- Retired former Auto Mechanic, teacher, and
computer tech - brought up on farm and in small Ontario town. Spent
several years teaching in Africa. Hobbies include restoring cars,
building airplane, radio/electronics, Rallye driver, woodwork and home
repair. Worked with electrician father in teen years.

I don't filter crossposts and post from alt.home.repair using Agent
news reader.

Agent has the ability to leave the newsgroup line alone, why are you
editing it with every post? You say you don't FILTER crossposts, but
you're certainly removing them, meaning most of the brits will never see
your reply, so you're wasting your own time.

and from which group does it post

alt.home.repair
how come all the posts back a fair way in this thread have had both
groups cross and I have seen no clair or uk.d-i-y removed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

[...]

Some do in fact reprocess it and return everything to the source country.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:47:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Some do in fact reprocess it and return everything to the source country.

Source, senile idiot ...other than your senile head?

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Stupid assumption.

So I've now got my lamp's casing connected to 0V instead of 0V. I'm sure
my finger won't be able to tell the difference.

It will with a fault that see the active in contact with the case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Only if you are actually stupid enough to be stark naked in the middle of
winter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Pity about the metal plumbing etc.

Two wires come into the house, 240V and 0V. The 0V comes undone at the
meter. Everything stops functioning, no complete circuit, no power to the
lights etc. How would I accidentally give myself a shock in this
circumstance?

By being in contact with the metal plumbing or the sink
its attached to and the 240V from a frayed cord or the
240V wire coming adrift inside the appliance and in
contact with the case that you are too stupid to earth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:57:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 117 lines of absolutely idiotic troll****

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and
senile Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rot: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rot: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 11:01:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Pity about the metal plumbing etc.

Pity about you and him being mental retards! G

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:56:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Stupid

LOL Yep, both of you are!

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

All plastic nowadays, and not much of it anyway. Also bathroom stuff tends to be pot.

Two wires come into the house, 240V and 0V. The 0V comes undone at the
meter. Everything stops functioning, no complete circuit, no power to the
lights etc. How would I accidentally give myself a shock in this
circumstance?

By being in contact with the metal plumbing or the sink
its attached to and the 240V from a frayed cord or the
240V wire coming adrift inside the appliance and in
contact with the case that you are too stupid to earth.

So you want the neutral to come undone, AND a frayed cord to appear at the same time? Do you realise how low the chances of that are?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Are you trying to tell me 240V won't go through jeans?

Are you trying to tell me nobody touches live things in summer?

Are you trying to tell me all shorts go below the knees?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

Then state what you really meant.

So I've now got my lamp's casing connected to 0V instead of 0V. I'm sure
my finger won't be able to tell the difference.

It will with a fault that see the active in contact with the case.

That would be a dead short, blowing the fuse before I had a chance to touch the lamp. Just like a fuse currently blows by a short to earth.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 23:47:54 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

[...]

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers (possibly in transportation).

Also that governments don't like it getting shipped internationally because terrorists (that's pronounced tourist in America) can nick it to make dirty weapons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:05:17 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 01:58:49 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:43:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:30:34 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:48:55 -0000, Tim J wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:22:20 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 21:40:03 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!?

It isnt a single thermocouple, it's a thermopile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_space

Or just for some small electronics?

Not small at all.

Why are these not used on earth?

Probably not that cheap, once you've made the Pu-238.

Whatever happened to those AA nuclear batteries? I assume
they worked the same.

What on earth are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_battery

Not wanting to read the entire article, apart from space are we
using
any
now?

Don't think so.

And eeek! Pacemakers! Don't think I like that idea.

Might be preferable to repeated surgery to change the battery tho.

Can't they charge it magnetically like with electric toothbrushes?

They can now, but didn't then.

I'm sure people with pacemakers never recharge them?

Because the battery technology is much better now.

I was thinking of people I knew 30 years ago.

True then too. It was before that that was a problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifi...ithium_battery

Or at least only every several years, so they can't be using that much
power.

Depends on how often it has to zap the heart.

Does it output a constant tick

Nope.

or does it only do something when it detects an abnormal heart rhythm?

Yep.

Or have some kind of recharger like watches that use wrist movement
(oo
er) to charge the battery?

Doesn't produce enough power for a pacemaker.
They need rather more power than a watch does.

But presumably you can put a much bigger generator inside a human body
than inside a watch.

Sure. But inside the chest doesn't move around as much as the
wrist. That's what determines what energy there is to harvest.

I guess they could run a wire along to your arm or something.

Not as much room for the generator there tho.

Anyway I'm not so sure you're right.

I always am, and don't you forget it..

Try as I might I am unable to contradict any of your points in this post. But you're not always right, just in this one post.

If your walking around, your whole body moves.

But not as much as you wrist unless you walk around
with your hands in your pockets all the time.

And in the chest they can have a much larger generator.

What the generator can produce is entirely
determined by how much it moves around.

Something inside a watch is miniscule compared to something in your torso
which could presumably approach the size of a fist.

But a pacemaker needs a lot more power than
a watch. You can see that from the much bigger
batterys that pacemakers have than watches.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nope. That's why they have small nukes instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The ones that operate close to the sun do.
Those that travel much further away from
the sun have small nukes instead, for a reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:51:16 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:48:07 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:08:51 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Nukes in fact put far less radiation into the
atmosphere than coal fired power stations.

But what about the spent fuel that cannot be disposed of without a 300
year
sealed container?

What about it?

That's what causes the most harm (note I'm not saying Nuclear power is
bad,
it's cleaner than others).

It doesn't cause any harm: it's in sealed containers.

Which never break over 100s of years when the company is bankrupt and the
government has changed and a war broke out and there was an earthquake, yeah
right.

Under those circs the status of the underground repository is the least
of your worries.

Rubbish. The war might not directly affect me, but the nuclear fallout would.

Why d'ye think I suggest the Marianna Trench? Cos down there 37,000
feet below sea level, it ain't gonna matter.

Yeah, bugger the sea life. Bugger all those who eat the radioactive fish.

What fish would those be then, at 37,000 feet below sea level?

Gee , another STOOPID Limey. Intelligence about on a par with Trump.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:20:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar

wrote:

[...]

Corse you do.
https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/family/...y-names-285700

And shorten Horace to Horry.

And shorten afternoon to arvo, strange lot you are.

And do you really say "rack off"?

Yep.

To me that means to drain the alcohol away from the sediment.

Like most phrases in english, it has more than one meaning.

One famous example from WW2 was a dog inherited from the
dagos after they put their hands up after the fall of Tobruk in
north africa. Revelled in the name of Horry the Wog Dog.

Can a dog revell?

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never had one.

We also had this individual who went by the name of Judy Patching.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-04-...-of-92/1645780

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

wrote:

[...]

All plastic nowadays,

Bull**** with the taps.

and not much of it anyway.

The sink alone is enough to kill you.

Also bathroom stuff tends to be pot.

Try that again in english, even chrome doesn't do gobbledegook yet.

Two wires come into the house, 240V and 0V. The 0V comes undone at the
meter. Everything stops functioning, no complete circuit, no power to
the lights etc. How would I accidentally give myself a shock in this
circumstance?

By being in contact with the metal plumbing or the sink
its attached to and the 240V from a frayed cord or the
240V wire coming adrift inside the appliance and in
contact with the case that you are too stupid to earth.

So you want the neutral to come undone, AND a frayed cord to appear at the
same time?

Nope.

Do you realise how low the chances of that are?

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

With the case not earthed, all it takes is for the active
to come off and contact the case and you have 240V
between the case and sink and that can certainly kill you.