Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

The date is 25/09/2017 08:41

Every winter cars are stolen by people that run out and start the car to
warm up while finishing their coffee.

We live in a safe area where I've been here 30 years and I've been leaving
my keys in the car overnight in the tray along with my glasses for that
whole time.

I don't know of ever a house being robbed or a car being stolen in all that
time. Maybe it happened, but nobody here even locks their houses since I
know most of the neighbors. When I knock, they say "come on in" and I just
push the door open. Never once do I remember one being locked except the
new people who recently moved in.

We have a long-standing joke that only the new people lock their doors.
It takes them a few years to learn that locked doors aren't needed.

If there is a way to REMOVE that autolock feature of the Camry 2005 LE,
that would be useful for my friend!
Posted to alt.home.repair

The date is 25/09/2017 07:59

I found doc on the self-locking feature that is tied to the gearshift
and moving or not and that has some four options one of which is "off"
but that has no bearing on locking when ignition is off unless there is
a failure in the system causing a spurious locking action.

It appears to be a stock 2005 Camry LE automatic with none of the fancy
options.

I saw in the owners manual on page 31 the "theft deterrent system" but that
simply describes the alarm if a door is opened when it's already locked.

On page 25 it talks about what you said, which is that it can lock all the
doors when the car is in motion, where this car, I think, does to that
because the doors are always locked, annoyingly. I never understood this
car-in-motion locks because we don't live in a place where someone is going
to carjack us while we're moving for heaven's sake. It seems like a lot of
scared people are out there who are afraid of everything.

On page 23 of the owners manual there is something about the power door
switch and "resetting" something, but I couldn't make sense of it.

If someone has a 2005 Camry, maybe they have the secret decoder ring?
Posted to alt.home.repair

The date is 25/09/2017 09:36

'16 Toyo Avalon Limited doesn't have a docking hole; fob just needs to
be in/near the car.

Two things are required.
1. The key
2. The immobilizer

There is a third doohickey which is just a remote unlock/lock thingey.
Pictures are in the original post.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4828475keyfob.jpg

The key is a duplicate without a chip (it's all metal).
The plastic key on the second fob also has no chip (Home Depot tested it).

So you need two things to start the car.
1. the key
2. the immobilizer

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that the car locks all
the doors when it moves forward and when it sits for a while.

I only wish it could be turned off as my friend said she hates that
'feature' of the Toyota Camry 2005.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:25:38 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article asWdnb01MfeI-1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:17:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/25/2017 3:06 PM, pandora wrote:

My new Mazda hatchback has a key fob to start the car. It can be
left in my pants pocket or my purse and it still starts the car as
long as it's in the car. Unless the battery in the key fob dies and
then nothing which happened to me recently. Changed the battery and
all was good.

If it happens again, try holding the fob right next to the start
button.
If the battery is weak it may give enough signal to get the car
started so you can go to the battery store for a new one.

I know that now. That's exactly what the tow truck driver did when I
called him. Was *I* embarrassed. You betcha!

My ex once called for a tow because her car wouldn't start. She didn't
have it in park. LOL.

Heh. At least I made certain of that first before I called.

I used to get service calls where people would say their circuit was
dead. I'd ask them over the phone if they checked the breaker, because
I feel bad if I have to drive all the way out there, flip a breaker, and
then charge them a minimum $60. I'd even explain to them that you can't
just push it to the on position if it's tripped, you have to push it all
the way to off first to cock the mechanism inside, and then to on.

I learned *that* a long time ago. I always push it back and forth
several times before I call for help.

They'd always insist that they did all that, so I'd get out there, and
at least half a dozen times, all I had to do was exactly what they had
insisted they had already done.

Yep. People are just darn stubborn and can't believe it is that simple.

I remember one poor secretary who was afraid her boss would get mad at
her when he found out it was just a tripped breaker, so I had to be a
little creative when I wrote up the invoice.

That was kind of you. :-)
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:30:59 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article MPG.3433372c949d198f989688
@news.east.earthlink.net, says...

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

Our new Subaru won't start without a fob, but it has no 'docking
hole'.
As long as you have it in your pocket the car will start when you
push the button. Also, you have to push the button (on the fob) to
lock /unlock the doors once you exit the vehicle.

Yeah, my fob has lock and unlock buttons, but it has a little hole
you put it in before you press the start button. I don't know if
it'll still start if I keep my fob in my fob pocket. I've never tried
that, but I doubt it. Isn't it weird that Levi Strauss was making
pants with a

That hole is probably the 'emergency start hole'. If the battery in
the fob is dead you put the fob in that hole. By a type of transformer
action the fob will get enough power to activate the start system. The
fob should work if the battery is good just being in you pocket.

Nope. It's a brand new fob directly from BMW. You push the fob into a
hole, and it locks in place. Then you push the start button directly
above it. You can't even remove the fob unless you stop the engine
first, and then push the fob inwards, which causes a release mechanism
to let go of it. I tried to start the car today without putting the fob
in the fob hole, but it won't start unless you fob-**** it first.

Much too complicated. That's BMW for ya.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZl7j_LkN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

[...]

What's done is done. She has a problem, and got it fixed... that's all
her boss needed to know. I'm sure he didn't hire her to be a
secretary/electrician. I showed her how to do it in case she ever had to
again, and life goes on. Hopefully, her boss wasn't some tyrant.

Down time costs money too if you're running a business. I got a call
from a USPS sorting facility one night, because they had a sorting
machine that was manned by eight employees, and it quit unexpectedly.
When I got there, there were suits running around all over the place, and
they were absolutely frantic, which meant I'd better get that machine
back up ASAP... no pressure there!

It turned out to be a simple problem... a burned connection on a power
transformer, except that it was twenty feet in the air. They had their
own scissorlift, so I had them back in business in about an hour.

What I didn't tell them, was that I took the cover off the transformer
while it was hot, because I didn't want to shut off any more **** until I
knew what was going on. As I removed the cover, it came pretty damned
close to touching the live 480 volt primary terminals inside. It
wouldn't have shocked me, but it would have made for some spectacular
fireworks and an arc burn on my hands. I forget what I charged them, but
it probably wasn't enough.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZh7j_JTN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

[...]

You should see the electrical schematics and all the computers
everywhere... a total nightmare. I have to admit that since the starter
problem, I haven't had any other surprises.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

[...]

You might as well have a key if you have to do all that.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article
t, rmowery28146
@earthlink.net says...

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

[...]

I think it was more of a security feature to immobilize the car, but
Beemers do seem unnecessarily complicated IMO... like when I back up, the
side view mirrors tip down slightly. More complicated and useless
features to go wrong and cost a fortune to fix. Here's another feature I
could live without:

"The Adaptive Headlights cast their beam in the direction of the curve
and ensure better visibility and more safety during night drives on
winding roads. Sensors measure speed, steering angle and yaw (degree of
rotation around the vertical axis). ... Driving at night is even safer,
particularly when visibility is poor."

If that system gets borked, you're looking at around $2500 to fix it.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 9/26/2017 1:55 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

I think it was more of a security feature to immobilize the car, but
Beemers do seem unnecessarily complicated IMO... like when I back up, the
side view mirrors tip down slightly. More complicated and useless
features to go wrong and cost a fortune to fix. Here's another feature I
could live without:

Many cars have that now. I find it useful maybe twice a year when
parking. I can just go to the settings and disable it though. Takes 30
seconds if you know where to look.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:57:05 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZl7j_LkN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:25:38 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article asWdnb01MfeI-1TEnZ2dnUU7-
[...]

Well, ya know, secretaries have to be multi-faceted, sometimes.

Down time costs money too if you're running a business. I got a call
from a USPS sorting facility one night, because they had a sorting
machine that was manned by eight employees, and it quit unexpectedly.
When I got there, there were suits running around all over the place,
and they were absolutely frantic, which meant I'd better get that
machine back up ASAP... no pressure there!

Heh.

It turned out to be a simple problem... a burned connection on a power
transformer, except that it was twenty feet in the air. They had their
own scissorlift, so I had them back in business in about an hour.

Good job!

What I didn't tell them, was that I took the cover off the transformer
while it was hot, because I didn't want to shut off any more **** until
I knew what was going on. As I removed the cover, it came pretty damned
close to touching the live 480 volt primary terminals inside. It
wouldn't have shocked me, but it would have made for some spectacular
fireworks and an arc burn on my hands. I forget what I charged them,
but it probably wasn't enough.

More than likely. Reminds me of the time when I worked for a newspaper
in the distribution department. We had a machine that inserted *slicks*
into the main paper after it came off the presses. It would shut down
now and then (it was old, built in the 1930s) and if we couldn't get it
to work we'd have to hand insert. (Tedious job that). I calmly went to
the plug, pulled it out and put it back in. Magically, the machine
started up again. (My husband taught me that.)It didn't always work but
it was certainly worth the try.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:59:15 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZh7j_JTN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:30:59 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article MPG.3433372c949d198f989688
[...]

I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm glad nothing else has come up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/17 8:51 PM, June Bug wrote:
[...]

Must be nice, living back in the 50's ;-)
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.veterans

Default ?Q?=E2=80=94=20Toyota=20keys=20(why=20do=20they?= ?Q?=20lock=20themselves=20in=20the=20car=3F)?=

You ... have no desire for the truth and as doubtlessly a FASCIST FREEMASON
WHO IS SUBJECT TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC VATICAN-CITY STATE are engaged within
acts of sedition against which no human misery is spared and are simply
deploying florid semantics as lexicon of opportunism.

YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN OF AMERICA, NOR A RESPECTER OF ITS FLAG OR ENAMOURED
TO ITS MILITARY AND NEITHER ARE YOU AS A BETRAYER OF HUMANITY A WORLD
CITIZEN.

SEE ALSO: €˜THE SECRET NAZI SINFUL LIFE OF YOUR SWEET ROMAN CATHOLIC
GRAND-MOTHER WHO TAKES THE EUCHARIST SOGGY BISCUIT EACH SUNDAY (ASPERSION'S
SYMPTOM OR ASPERGER'S SYNDROME AND IT'S CONSEQUENTIAL SOCIETAL
EXCLUSIVITY)

- http://www.grapple369.com/docs/Grandmother.pdf

pandora wrote:
[...]

*FRAUDULENT*

May, 2000 - This report is prepared in response to a TP00/55 as a Notice of
an Application for Planning Permit

- http://www.grapple369.com/jubilee2000.html

trinomial tetragrammaton rather than its encapsulated contrived use as the
microcosm to redefine the macrocosm as the quintessence of the Pythagorean
[Babylonian] as binomial canon of transposition as HETEROS THEORY OF
NUMBER.

- http://www.grapple369.com/nature.html

defines a "PERSON MEANS A HUMAN BEING€ and the question is, if it is
permissible to extend this definition to be a "PERSON MEANS A HUMAN BEING
AS A CONSCIOUS REALITY OF HOMO[iOS] SAPIEN[T] WHO IS INSTANTIATED WITHIN
THE TEMPORAL REALITY AS THEN THE CAUSE FOR REASONING AND RATIONALITY."

EXISTENCE.

-
http://www.grapple369.com/Grapple.zip (Download resources)

TETRAD/TETRACTYS

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS_VTeNV7VfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

[...]

Like mysterious computer problems. Most of them can be fixed with a
simple reboot.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2017 8:51 PM, June Bug wrote:
[...]

I may have mentioned to look into the software for settings to change.

Now see it probably is not that easy but others may have solution:

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/t...ing-door-locks

New cars have all kinds of computer like things in them controlling car
functions. Took me a half hour first time I had to go to DST time
setting but easier once I learned.

PITA and I know folks that have to go back to dealer to change settings
or learn how to do it yourself.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS7VTeOl7lfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

[...]

I wouldn't know where to begin without a lot of research. I'd be more
inclined these days to simply take it to a mechanic. I have way too many
fixit projects as it is.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:22:58 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS_VTeNV7VfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:57:05 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZl7j_LkN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

[...]

Indeed. I've learned to NOT panic until I've tried a reboot a couple of
times. Mostly (so far) that's worked for me.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:26:18 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS7VTeOl7lfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:59:15 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZh7j_JTN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:30:59 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate! In article MPG.3433372c949d198f989688
[...]

I have several projects that I need to contact someone about. I try to
do what I can but these are way beyond me.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article -tydnZIXuIQVFVfEnZ2dnUU7-N-
, says...

[...]

It's when you get the dreaded BSOD that it's time to panic.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article -tydnY0XuIReFVfEnZ2dnUU7-N-
, says...

[...]

My neighbor and I are going to chip in to have part of a diseased oak
tree removed. There was a time when I'd tackle that project myself, but
I'm learning to live with the limitations of getting old. I used to have
a pair of climbing gaffs and a safety belt. The last time I used them
was almost 15 years ago, so I reluctantly sold them. I don't even own a
decent chainsaw anymore, just a couple of cheap electric ones from Harbor
Freight, and they aren't worth a ****.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:55:17 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article -tydnZIXuIQVFVfEnZ2dnUU7-N-
, says...

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:22:58 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS_VTeNV7VfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:57:05 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZl7j_LkN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

[...]

Indeed. That's only happened to me once.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:00:07 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article -tydnY0XuIReFVfEnZ2dnUU7-N-
, says...

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:26:18 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS7VTeOl7lfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:59:15 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZh7j_JTN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

[...]

I know what you mean. I want to put some largish rocks in my garden BUT
I'm going to have someone else do it. Time was I'd do it myself but I'm
not about to heft rocks around anymore.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article g_GdnbVBMY_LUVbEnZ2dnUU7-R-
, says...

[...]

The computer I use now is very stable. It's on a UPS and runs 24/7. I
put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything. I'd hate
to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added over the
years.
--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 9:43 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

i added a whole new wing on my house and two of the new walls are
computer gadgets mounted right into the wall
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

No ****? Would you happen to have any pictures of that?

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 9:54 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 9:43 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

of course i have pictures i have a camera ,
mounted to the side of my head 24 / 7 and ,
it takes a photo every 30 seconds through out my day
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 9:54 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,

says...

On 2017-09-27 9:43 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

You should stream it on the Interweb. I'd pay to see that. Not much,
but I'd pay.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 10:22 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 9:54 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,

says...

On 2017-09-27 9:43 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

it's hard to see the outside stuff ,
the sun goes in the lens

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2017 10:59 AM, dpb wrote:
On 25-Sep-17 8:41 AM, June Bug wrote:

that the car is locking itself.

The question is why and how.

See what wrote to smug Cindy as well, but I'd suggest reading the
operators manual carefully; it _should_ describe the system
functionality, _presuming_ there isn't an aftermarket security system
installed--I saw several comments that some of those apparently do have
such a "feature" that isn't factory.

If can't get satisfaction on whether this is expected behavior from that
venue, I'd just go ask a dealer if this is supposed to be the way it
behaves and how to reprogram it to a more user-friendly setting.

I found doc on the self-locking feature that is tied to the gearshift
and moving or not and that has some four options one of which is "off"
but that has no bearing on locking when ignition is off unless there is
a failure in the system causing a spurious locking action.

What there may be in newer "smart" systems I couldn't really find full
details on; hence the suggestion to read manual first, then go ask.

I also agree w/ Ed P, though; if it does that and I can't reprogram it
to not, I ain't buying the vehicle.

--

Manuals can be a bitch to read and follow and indexing is often poor.
Internet is better source and best thing you can find is specific

Kid gave me a watch for my birthday and I could not set it. Did not
help that the manual was maybe over 5o pages of small print on a two by
two page. When I called him he advised looking for a video and even
though it was poorly narrated it was easy to follow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 2:04:47 PM UTC-4, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 9/25/2017 1:54 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
[...]

Fob?
A fob is a fancy dan, you dorkwadddles.
LOL

I believe the word you seek is "fop".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

[...]

Not on my Beemer. The fob has to go in the fob hole. Undoubtedly
there's a coil around the fob hole, but that's to communicate with the
RFID chip in the fob. If you don't put the fob in, you can't start the
car. Plus, it locks the fob in place, and you can't remove it unless you
press the start button again to stop the car, and then press the fob
inward to engage the release mechanism. Newer ones might work
differently, but that's how mine works.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article g_GdnbVBMY_LUVbEnZ2dnUU7-R-
, says...

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:55:17 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article -tydnZIXuIQVFVfEnZ2dnUU7-N-
, says...

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:22:58 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS_VTeNV7VfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

,
[...]

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world. I would hate for
anything to happen to it. It's relatively new (2 years old) so it just
keeps chugging along. Hopefully for a while yet.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 9/27/2017 5:12 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

The computer I use now is very stable. It's on a UPS and runs 24/7. I
put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything. I'd
hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added over
the years.

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world. I would hate for
anything to happen to it. It's relatively new (2 years old) so it just
keeps chugging along. Hopefully for a while yet.

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc. In a few months
it was outdated and could not keep up. For most of us doing email and
web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 2:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/27/2017 5:12 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

The computer I use now is very stable.Â* It's on a UPS and runs 24/7.Â* I
put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything.Â* I'd
hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added over
the years.

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world.Â* I would hate for
anything to happen to it.Â* It's relatively new (2 years old) so it just
keeps chugging along.Â* Hopefully for a while yet.

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc.Â* In a few months
it was outdated and could not keep up.Â* For most of us doing email and
web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

they had the best preconnection sounds
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:27:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/27/2017 5:12 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

The computer I use now is very stable. It's on a UPS and runs 24/7.
I put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything. I'd
hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added
over the years.

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world. I would hate
for anything to happen to it. It's relatively new (2 years old) so it
just keeps chugging along. Hopefully for a while yet.

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc. In a few months
it was outdated and could not keep up. For most of us doing email and
web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

Ah, the olden days of dialup. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-27 2:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/27/2017 5:12 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

The computer I use now is very stable.Â* It's on a UPS and runs 24/7.Â* I
put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything.Â* I'd
hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added over
the years.

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world.Â* I would hate for
anything to happen to it.Â* It's relatively new (2 years old) so it just
keeps chugging along.Â* Hopefully for a while yet.

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc.Â* In a few months
it was outdated and could not keep up.Â* For most of us doing email and
web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

they had the best preconnection sounds

Wanna mess with somebody? Load this extension into their Chrome or Chrome based web browser. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...aaolgjdolebkak

[8~{} Uncle Prank Monster

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:11:46 -0700, % wrote:

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

I never got into those. My hubby did though. I came ON in 1992 and went
directly to newsgroups. They suited me and I've stayed here ever since.