Posted to alt.home.repair
June Bug June Bug is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

The date is 25/09/2017 08:41

Every winter cars are stolen by people that run out and start the car to
warm up while finishing their coffee.

We live in a safe area where I've been here 30 years and I've been leaving
my keys in the car overnight in the tray along with my glasses for that
whole time.

I don't know of ever a house being robbed or a car being stolen in all that
time. Maybe it happened, but nobody here even locks their houses since I
know most of the neighbors. When I knock, they say "come on in" and I just
push the door open. Never once do I remember one being locked except the
new people who recently moved in.

We have a long-standing joke that only the new people lock their doors.
It takes them a few years to learn that locked doors aren't needed.

If there is a way to REMOVE that autolock feature of the Camry 2005 LE,
that would be useful for my friend!