Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:27:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/27/2017 5:12 PM, pandora wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:43:33 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

The computer I use now is very stable. It's on a UPS and runs 24/7.
I put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything.
I'd hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've
added over the years.

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world. I would hate
for anything to happen to it. It's relatively new (2 years old) so
it just keeps chugging along. Hopefully for a while yet.

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc. In a few
months it was outdated and could not keep up. For most of us doing
email and web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty
good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

Ah, the olden days of dialup. :-)

the BBS's

I never got into those. My hubby did though. I came ON in 1992 and went
directly to newsgroups. They suited me and I've stayed here ever since.

bbs's were before usenet ,
they got used because it was all there was ,
i remember always having a punch card in my shirt pocket ,
bbs's got rid of that except on the business bands
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

Like I said, I never used them. It wasn't my thing.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

punch cards were awful if you bent them they were wrecked
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

The Source. I used to troll there before they invented Usenet.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

Did you ever type posts with ^G's in them?

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

Did you ever run into any swinging Chads?

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

On 2017-09-27 6:54 PM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On 2017-09-27 4:50 PM, pandora wrote:
[...]

i don't know i never used them
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:04:55 -0700, "fake vet Scatboi Colon Edmund J.
Burke" wrote:

On 9/25/2017 1:54 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

Our new Subaru won't start without a fob, but it has no 'docking hole'.
As long as you have it in your pocket the car will start when you push
the button. Also, you have to push the button (on the fob) to lock
/unlock the doors once you exit the vehicle.

Yeah, my fob has lock and unlock buttons, but it has a little hole you
put it in before you press the start button. I don't know if it'll still
start if I keep my fob in my fob pocket. I've never tried that, but I
doubt it. Isn't it weird that Levi Strauss was making pants with a

That hole is probably the 'emergency start hole'. If the battery in the
fob is dead you put the fob in that hole. By a type of transformer
action the fob will get enough power to activate the start system. The
fob should work if the battery is good just being in you pocket.

Fob?
A fob is a fancy dan, you dorkwadddles.
LOL

Does your car (if any) have a starting handle, KKKoloon?
LOLOK

--
Iudaei orbem terrarum infestant
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke" wrote:

[...]

My MGA does... how bou dat?

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:48:09 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1"

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke" wrote:

[...]

My Cruze don't need a key, don't know what a starting handle is. But
all I got is a button.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukpDjS51jY

--
Grizzly H.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On 9/28/2017 12:20 PM, mixed nuts wrote:
On 9/28/2017 11:50 AM, Skeet wrote:
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:48:09 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1"
Checkmate!Â* In article ,
says...
Burke" wrote:
On 9/25/2017 1:54 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

Our new Subaru won't start without a fob, but it has no 'docking
hole'.
As long as you have it in your pocket the car will start when
you push
the button.Â* Also, you have to push the button (on the fob) to lock
/unlock the doors once you exit the vehicle.

Yeah, my fob has lock and unlock buttons, but it has a little
hole you
put it in before you press the start button.Â* I don't know if
it'll still
start if I keep my fob in my fob pocket. I've never tried that,
but I
doubt it.Â* Isn't it weird that Levi Strauss was making pants with a

That hole is probably the 'emergency start hole'.Â* If the battery
in the
fob is dead you put the fob in that hole.Â* By a type of transformer
action the fob will get enough power to activate the start
system.Â* The
fob should work if the battery is good just being in you pocket.

Fob?
A fob is a fancy dan, you dorkwadddles.
LOL

Does your car (if any) have a starting handle, KKKoloon?
LOLOK

My MGA does... how bou dat?

My Cruze don't need a key, don't know what a starting handle is. But
all I got is a button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukpDjS51jY

Hate to do it to the thread but a lot of you guys are giving me reason
to add you to my list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3Iq3XQkAw
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article , "frank
says...

Try as I might, I just can't manage to give a ****.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Burke" wrote:

[...]

It's the only proper way to start a car.

--
Iudaei orbem terrarum infestant
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke" wrote:

[...]

Too much like work, IMO.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate
Usenet author, poet, comedian, and philosopher.
Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...