Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
Checkmate, DoW #1[_2_] Checkmate, DoW #1[_2_] is offline

Default Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

Checkmate! In article ZYKdnS7VTeOl7lfEnZ2dnUU7-V-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:59:15 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article 8L6dnZh7j_JTN1TEnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:30:59 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article MPG.3433372c949d198f989688
@news.east.earthlink.net,
says...

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

Our new Subaru won't start without a fob, but it has no 'docking
hole'.
As long as you have it in your pocket the car will start when
you push the button. Also, you have to push the button (on the
fob) to lock /unlock the doors once you exit the vehicle.

Yeah, my fob has lock and unlock buttons, but it has a little hole
you put it in before you press the start button. I don't know if
it'll still start if I keep my fob in my fob pocket. I've never
tried that, but I doubt it. Isn't it weird that Levi Strauss was
making pants with a

That hole is probably the 'emergency start hole'. If the battery in
the fob is dead you put the fob in that hole. By a type of
transformer action the fob will get enough power to activate the
start system. The fob should work if the battery is good just being
in you pocket.

Nope. It's a brand new fob directly from BMW. You push the fob into
a hole, and it locks in place. Then you push the start button
directly above it. You can't even remove the fob unless you stop the
engine first, and then push the fob inwards, which causes a release
mechanism to let go of it. I tried to start the car today without
putting the fob in the fob hole, but it won't start unless you
fob-**** it first.

Much too complicated. That's BMW for ya.

You should see the electrical schematics and all the computers
everywhere... a total nightmare. I have to admit that since the starter
problem, I haven't had any other surprises.

I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm glad nothing else has come up.

I wouldn't know where to begin without a lot of research. I'd be more
inclined these days to simply take it to a mechanic. I have way too many
fixit projects as it is.

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate