Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Very British Response to Terror

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 9:36:10 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/07/2017 05:41 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/6/2017 11:55 PM, Bod wrote:

Don't like guns, trust your government to protect you, fine. I'm not
that ****in' dumb. I could take you places and laugh when you ****
your diaper.

I have never encountered people like those.

I haven't lately now that I have no need to visit the cesspools many
large American cities have become.

I have to go to Memphis Thursday ... lately I've opted for
concealability over firepower when I feel the need to pack . Davis
Industries used to make (might still) a .38 Spl 2-shooter that would
fit nicely in the back pocket of your jeans .

--

Snag

My wife and I spent 3 days in Memphis (without a gun) about 10 years
ago and survived :-)

Our house in Memphis (that our son and his family live in) is in an
area that tourists don't go ... not the worst area but bad enough . You
were probably on/near Beale Street and the downtown area , which sees
about six times the police presence of the average neighborhood . Gotta
protect them tourons and their dollars .

I don't know how it is post-Katrina but NO was the same deal. Enjoy the
French Quarter. Don't wander outside the cordon.

I was born in Detroit. I haven't been back for years, but it
was well known not to stray from the "safe" areas: Greektown,
Wayne State University, parts of the riverfront that were
developed for tourism. There's an entertainment/sports
area now that wasn't there the last time I was in Detroit.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 04:38:15 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 9:21:59 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

We won't be intimidated :-)

Translation, we're doing **** all about it, instead of what we should be
doing, blowing the **** out of their country.

They should be changing their bull**** immigration policies.

Indeed - to zero.

--
"If hooking up one rag-head terrorist's testicles to a car battery gets the truth out of the lying little camel
shagger to save just one Scottish soldiers life, then I have only three things to say: Red is positive, Black is
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 21:08:43 -0600, rbowman wrote:

I do like east Tennessee -- way east Tennessee, and I don't mean
Gatlinburg. One time through that tourist trap was enough.

Spend a week in Jackson Co, for a real hoot. "Skillet" shot a man and
never went to prison. He had many DUI's and the judge threw them out
because he didn't have a driver's license. How he got 50 chickens home
in his car is another story. He put chicken wire around his porch for
them to live. Got the name Skillet because somebody hit him in the
head with cast iron frying pan. He is just one character in Jackson
Co. TN.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2017 9:35 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/07/2017 02:57 AM, Bod wrote:
On 07/06/2017 09:47, Jack wrote:
On 06/07/2017 12:55 AM, Bod wrote:

Don't like guns, trust your government to protect you, fine. I'm
not
that ****in' dumb. I could take you places and laugh when you ****
your diaper.

I have never encountered people like those.

I haven't lately now that I have no need to visit the cesspools
many large American cities have become.

I have to go to Memphis Thursday ... lately I've opted for
concealability over firepower when I feel the need to pack . Davis
Industries used to make (might still) a .38 Spl 2-shooter that would
fit nicely in the back pocket of your jeans .

--

Snag

My wife and I spent 3 days in Memphis (without a gun) about 10 years
ago and survived :-)

If you are white, there are areas of Chicago you wouldn't last 15
minutes. The blacks there are extremely intolerant of white people.

So I've heard. Best avoided.

Memphis is the same. Go to Graceland. See the Pyramid. Don't stray from
the tourist areas. The first time I was in Chicago, around 1973, the
hotel clerk said 'Enjoy your stay. Just don't go south of Roosevelt
Road.' I wanted to visit a friend at the University, which is a little
enclave south of Jungleland, so I had to traverse it.

My first time in Chicago, in late '60's, I was walking down the street
at night when I heard a voice yell out m.....f....er to someone, turned
around and it was a young black girl saying it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 05:29:57 +0100, Bod wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/04/o...l-right-region

We won't be intimidated :-)

Translation, we're doing **** all about it, instead of what we
should be
doing, blowing the **** out of their country.

First rid yourself of the vermin in your house. Then go clean other
houses.

What?

Aren't you going to close down all the Mosques where Imams are teaching
hate. You have already been infiltrated. As soon as something occurs
your police know who else is to blame because they have been watching
them. You get rid of all these first, then go after the outside source.

Both need to be done urgently.

Apparently European muzzies are worse than the ones that come here.
Also to monitor one suspicious person round the clock costs maybe half
million dollars. Even just extreme vetting for one to get in costs
about $60,000.

You mean that our terrorists do worse than flying planes into
skyscrapers etc and killing 3000 odd people !
Have you forgotten that already?

Oh how I laughed that day.

--
A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2017 08:43 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I was born in Detroit. I haven't been back for years, but it
was well known not to stray from the "safe" areas: Greektown,
Wayne State University, parts of the riverfront that were
developed for tourism. There's an entertainment/sports
area now that wasn't there the last time I was in Detroit.

I worked for a while in Ft. Wayne and went up one weekend to visit the
Ford Museum. Later I went to Greektown for supper. I should have left
well enough alone but I took a walk by the river. The RenCen was
unoccupied, the People Mover wasn't, and the helicopters were flying
around lighting up the scene with powerful searchlights like a bad
episode of Blade Runner.

Years later I had to change planes in Detroit. The constant stream of
announcements in 21 languages I don't speak was the background for my
dash between the two gates farthest from each other. Its version of a
people Mover wasn't working either.

I enjoyed the museums.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 04:38:15 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 9:21:59 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

We won't be intimidated :-)

Translation, we're doing **** all about it, instead of what we should be
doing, blowing the **** out of their country.

They should be changing their bull**** immigration policies.

Indeed - to zero.

How about a minus setting as the Moslems are repatriated to whichever
hellhole they came from.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2017 01:58 PM, Frank wrote:
My first time in Chicago, in late '60's, I was walking down the street
at night when I heard a voice yell out m.....f....er to someone, turned
around and it was a young black girl saying it.

Teach your children well. I'm sure she grew up to be a valuable and
productive member of society.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2017 9:46 PM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

You've had some interesting experiences! LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/2017 11:55 PM, Bod wrote:

[...]

It's no longer like that, at least not near downtown. The downtown area
is blossoming. The northbound extension on Woodward past the new Wings
arena is amazingly enhanced with new condos/apts, restaurants,
retailers, etc. Campus Martius is filled with events nightly and all
weekends. The riverwalk is extended from just east of the Ambassador
Bridge to Belle Isle. Old buildings are being restored and occupied. The
new trolleys on Woodward are able to transport people from end to end.
People of all races are residing and walking the streets even at night.

Prior to the rebuild I would never go downtown but now, it's thriving
with nightlife, daily events and great food. I frequent it more often.
The only downfall is finding a parking spot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/2017 11:55 PM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Cool. I'm sure that there still are areas where one doesn't want
to go.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 03:47:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 04:38:15 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 9:21:59 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

We won't be intimidated :-)

Translation, we're doing **** all about it, instead of what we should be
doing, blowing the **** out of their country.

They should be changing their bull**** immigration policies.

Indeed - to zero.

How about a minus setting as the Moslems are repatriated to whichever
hellhole they came from.

Agreed.

--
An Emergency Call Centre worker has been fired in Toronto much to the dismay of her colleagues, who were unhappy with her dismissal.
It seems that a caller dialled 911 from a cell phone stating, "I'm depressed and lying on a railway line so that when the train comes I can finally meet Allah."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:43:18 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I can't believe you guys voted him in!

Consider the alternative choices; a senile warmonger followed by a card
carrying member of the 1%. The Republicans would have lost this time
too but Trump blind-sided them. Jeb Milquetoat was supposed to be the
candidate.

You say warmonger like that's a bad thing.

--
Judi: "Hon, what is my love worth to you?"
Amanpreet: "Am I buying, or selling?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:39:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

The only people laughing are the Muslims, at how little we're doing to
retaliate. And to think Britain used to have an empire. I'm ashamed
to be British.

Two unnecessary wars killed off the best leaving you with Dim from
'Clockwork orange'.

?

--
Judi: "Hon, what is my love worth to you?"
Amanpreet: "Am I buying, or selling?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:39:57 +0100, rbowman
The only people laughing are the Muslims, at how little we're doing
to retaliate. And to think Britain used to have an empire. I'm
ashamed to be British.

Two unnecessary wars killed off the best leaving you with Dim from
'Clockwork orange'.

?

Him in the chair, you stupid, unemployable, unable to get a woman, dole
claiming little **** all.
What a ****** you really are PHucker. Dark days are coming your way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvtOq3tpm4g

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/2017 11:55 PM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Yes, several, but they are away from the downtown area.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/08/2017 08:46 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Cool. I'm sure that there still are areas where one doesn't want
to go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Detroit

The list is in the second paragraph...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:43:18 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I can't believe you guys voted him in!

Consider the alternative choices; a senile warmonger followed by a card
carrying member of the 1%. The Republicans would have lost this time
too but Trump blind-sided them. Jeb Milquetoat was supposed to be the
candidate.

You say warmonger like that's a bad thing.

It is in the US. Starting wars is not a good thing if you don't have the
will to finish them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/17 10:46 PM, rbowman wrote:

I worked for a while in Ft. Wayne and went up one weekend to visit the
Ford Museum. Later I went to Greektown for supper. I should have left
well enough alone but I took a walk by the river. The RenCen was
unoccupied, the People Mover wasn't, and the helicopters were flying
around lighting up the scene with powerful searchlights like a bad
episode of Blade Runner.

I had a friend of mine at IU in the J-school in the mid-70s that
was on the GI bill. He did a summer internship in Detroit and came back
and said he had been shot at almost as much that summer in downtown
Detroit as a whole year in VN.