Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default A Very British Response to Terror

On 06/07/2017 08:43 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I was born in Detroit. I haven't been back for years, but it
was well known not to stray from the "safe" areas: Greektown,
Wayne State University, parts of the riverfront that were
developed for tourism. There's an entertainment/sports
area now that wasn't there the last time I was in Detroit.

I worked for a while in Ft. Wayne and went up one weekend to visit the
Ford Museum. Later I went to Greektown for supper. I should have left
well enough alone but I took a walk by the river. The RenCen was
unoccupied, the People Mover wasn't, and the helicopters were flying
around lighting up the scene with powerful searchlights like a bad
episode of Blade Runner.

Years later I had to change planes in Detroit. The constant stream of
announcements in 21 languages I don't speak was the background for my
dash between the two gates farthest from each other. Its version of a
people Mover wasn't working either.

I enjoyed the museums.