Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need Source for very very very small 54 pin connector

I've searched all over and come up empty for a source for a small
connector I need. This connector is similar to that used to connect
cell phone LCD displays to the phone circuit board.

It has 54 pins, is 12.64 mm long, 1.85 mm wide with 0.25 mm wide
contacts spaced 0.15 mm apart. It has "wrap around" style contacts
similar to a GPIB connector, except of course much smaller.

The male connector goes on the board, and the female is connected to
the ribbon cable.

If you know of a manufacturer of such a connecor, or ANY manufacturer
that specializes in very small connectors, I'd appreciate you passing
along the information.

Thank you.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:35:59 -0700 (PDT), Jeff
wrote:

I've searched all over and come up empty for a source for a small
connector I need. This connector is similar to that used to connect
cell phone LCD displays to the phone circuit board.

It has 54 pins, is 12.64 mm long, 1.85 mm wide with 0.25 mm wide
contacts spaced 0.15 mm apart. It has "wrap around" style contacts
similar to a GPIB connector, except of course much smaller.

The male connector goes on the board, and the female is connected to
the ribbon cable.

If you know of a manufacturer of such a connecor, or ANY manufacturer
that specializes in very small connectors, I'd appreciate you passing
along the information.

Samtec does have quite a few teensie weensie connectors, though we only
currently use one here. I didn't search through their site for the one
you've described but it's at http://www.samtec.com/

Also may want to look over at JST http://www.jst-mfg.com/index_e.php

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...

Samtec does have quite a few teensie weensie connectors, though we

only
currently use one here. I didn't search through their site for the one
you've described but it's at
http://www.samtec.com/

Also may want to look over at JST http://www.jst-mfg.com/index_e.php

And, there are also Molex (www.molex.com) and Tyco's Amp division
(www.te.com), Hirose, and maybe Amphenol.

Do the original connectors have anything that could look like a logo or
other info?

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andrew Rossmann wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Samtec does have quite a few teensie weensie connectors, though we

only
currently use one here. I didn't search through their site for the one
you've described but it's at
http://www.samtec.com/

Also may want to look over at JST http://www.jst-mfg.com/index_e.php

And, there are also Molex (www.molex.com) and Tyco's Amp division
(www.te.com), Hirose, and maybe Amphenol.

Do the original connectors have anything that could look like a logo or
other info?

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

You nay need a x30 microscope of some sort , I use a plastic kids one, to
read the moulding