Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Type name for a small USB connector?

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is this of any use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_connection

How about this?

http://www.cypressindustries.com/products/usb.html

I found all of this in a few seconds.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William S has provided a couple of sources showing different types of USB
connectors.
If you want better quality than just generic, selecting connectors produced
by HRS - Hirose, will generally insure that you get a quality connector.

--
Cheers,
WB

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:08:02 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid
in cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long
side

Appears by description a mini 6 pin USB cable. My Casio EX-Z1050 uses
one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:08:02 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid
in cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long
side

Appears by description a mini 6 pin USB cable. My Casio EX-Z1050 uses
one.

As recessed in its difficult to see as so small , perhaps 8 ruts with 5 or 6
conductors. But smaller than the USB mini AB type. Under 30x as end on can
read 2.2 for the electrical type of USB but still not found a generic name

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:34:47 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Meat Plow wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:08:02 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on
compact cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not
trapezoid in cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners
on a long side

Appears by description a mini 6 pin USB cable. My Casio EX-Z1050 uses
one.

As recessed in its difficult to see as so small , perhaps 8 ruts with 5
or 6 conductors. But smaller than the USB mini AB type. Under 30x as end
on can read 2.2 for the electrical type of USB but still not found a
generic name

This Casio plug is actually 12 conductor and is wider than a 4 pin mini.
I have another camera that uses a much smaller connector maybe 30%
smaller than a 4 pin mini. It's almost square with two rounded edges
to prevent improper insertion. They seem pretty popular. as i have a
couple of them in the cable bin.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 25, 3:08*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

My Konica/Minolta DiMage E 500 camera uses such a connector. The tip
measures 0.082" by 0.193", about 2.1mm by 4.9 mm.
It has five gold fingers (probably two are power-ground) with
asymmetric placement (1 x x x 1 1 1 1 ).

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 25, 2:47*pm, whit3rd wrote:

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.

Pimfg.com seems to have them, as 'micro USB' type cables, see

http://www.pimfg.com/ifaq/USBfaq.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

In article ,
"N_Cook" wrote:

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

Although those connectors may carry USB signals, I think they're not
always "USB connectors"; some of the ones on cameras also carry
audio/video signals, and they don't mate with similar-appearing USB
connectors.

Isaac
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

isw wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"N_Cook" wrote:

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid

in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

Although those connectors may carry USB signals, I think they're not
always "USB connectors"; some of the ones on cameras also carry
audio/video signals, and they don't mate with similar-appearing USB
connectors.

Isaac

That makes sense but there is a standard USB symbol at this camera connector

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

whit3rd wrote in message
On Oct 25, 3:08 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

My Konica/Minolta DiMage E 500 camera uses such a connector. The tip
measures 0.082" by 0.193", about 2.1mm by 4.9 mm.
It has five gold fingers (probably two are power-ground) with
asymmetric placement (1 x x x 1 1 1 1 ).

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.

*********
Sounds like the critter
I'll go with the name micro USB . But thinking about it later, I'm currently
removing the SD card and reading via a different camera and larger USB. Long
term reliability of repeatedly using the large SD contacts must be better
than using this micro USB with contacts that are so fine they are on the
point of non-resolability of my eyesight.