Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Type name for a small USB connector?

whit3rd wrote in message
On Oct 25, 3:08 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact
cameras etc.
The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in
cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

My Konica/Minolta DiMage E 500 camera uses such a connector. The tip
measures 0.082" by 0.193", about 2.1mm by 4.9 mm.
It has five gold fingers (probably two are power-ground) with
asymmetric placement (1 x x x 1 1 1 1 ).

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.

*********
Sounds like the critter
I'll go with the name micro USB . But thinking about it later, I'm currently
removing the SD card and reading via a different camera and larger USB. Long
term reliability of repeatedly using the large SD contacts must be better
than using this micro USB with contacts that are so fine they are on the
point of non-resolability of my eyesight.