Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default A Very British Response to Terror

On 6/7/17 10:46 PM, rbowman wrote:

I worked for a while in Ft. Wayne and went up one weekend to visit the
Ford Museum. Later I went to Greektown for supper. I should have left
well enough alone but I took a walk by the river. The RenCen was
unoccupied, the People Mover wasn't, and the helicopters were flying
around lighting up the scene with powerful searchlights like a bad
episode of Blade Runner.

I had a friend of mine at IU in the J-school in the mid-70s that
was on the GI bill. He did a summer internship in Detroit and came back
and said he had been shot at almost as much that summer in downtown
Detroit as a whole year in VN.