Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Labour quote the BNP, "British homes for British people" says PM

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:16:03 +0100, Dave
wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Love Europe, Hate the EU" wrote in message
Gordon Brown is to try to win back Labour's core supporters with a
pledge to give priority on housing waiting-lists to local residents.

Being a cynic, I can't see where that states that the housing will go to
the indiginous population that have lived in this country longer than
the imigrants have.

Local residents? How long do they have to be? 2 weeks after arriving
from Rumania?

Dave

The guy on the telly from a housing dept said "this is our policy now"
so I assume that you are deemed local as soon as you get there.

He quoted figures of something like 268 people from the area and only
1 from outside the area were allocated housing.

All that means is only one person with an address outside the area was
housed and everyone else was from within. nothing about origin or
anything else.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Asking for the old thread "S.I. or British M.U.?" Antonio Maschio UK diy 2 October 26th 06 08:27 AM
British Gas Quote James UK diy 32 August 29th 06 10:17 PM
British Gas Quote ... What a joke Timbrook99 UK diy 27 October 4th 04 09:23 PM